OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

You gotta love Tommy Tallarico: Part I & II.

Started by esteban, 08/12/2005, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Part I
OK, my friend and I decided that we're not gonna pass this up (in Irvine, CA)-- since we missed them a few weeks ago (they played LA): http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home
QuoteANNOUNCED GAME TITLES FOR 2005 TOUR:

Mario, Zelda, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Warcraft, Myst, Castlevania, Medal of Honor, God of War, Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, Tron, Tomb Raider, Advent Rising, Headhunter, Beyond Good & Evil,  Tom Clancy Montage (Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six)  EverQuest II and a special retro arcade segment that goes from Pong to Donkey Kong!
I personally don't care about most of the contemporary games, but I figure it will be a fun experience to see all the fellow uber-dorks who go to things like this.

Also, you've probably seen the video of this dude playing SMB on the piano (there are links to the video): http://www.myspace.com/videogamepianist  He'll be performing at the concert!

Part II
Say what you will about Tommy Tallarico -- if it wasn't for him I don't think this type of concert would be happening at all! But wait! Look at this obnoxious, egomaniacal sig that Tommy T uses at his own forums:

--------------------
President, Tommy Tallarico Studios, Inc. (www.tallarico.com)
Executive Producer/CEO, Video Games Live (www.videogameslive.com)
President/Founder, G.A.N.G. (Game Audio Network Guild) [www.audiogang.org]
Host, writer, co-producer, The Electric Playground & Judgment Day television shows

IMG
WTF??? This is simply too much. I still love Tommy T., but he's shamelessly promoting himself, heck, even QUOTING HIMSELF in a BILLBOARD-SIZED sig that takes up half a page. Eloquence.

In case you think I'm making this up, go to the official forums here:
http://videogameslive.com/board/index.php?showtopic=208&st=15
to see a bonafide post by Tommy.

tallaricoav.jpg
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

GUTS

Haha I have exactly the opposite opinion, I hate that conceited bag of shit and his horrible buttrock music.  That sig is hilarious though for sure.

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OldRover

He looks like a constipated Henry Rollins...except I'd never insult Henry in such a way. :shock:
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Keranu

Yes I thought he shared a resemblence with Henry Rollins as well. I saw this guy on the G4 show "Icons" before.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

CrackTiger

Do you guys still get the gaming show he's on, I think its called Digital Playground or something.

I think it got canceled in the States a year or two ago, but its still going strong here in Canada(where its supposed to be produced).
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: KeranuIs it on G4?
I don't know. When we got a digital cable box, G4 was one of the preview channels.

But evertime I turned it on it was always something that had nothing to do with video games so I didn't sign up for it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

IMG