Supergrafx price guide?

Started by LameKat, 07/06/2011, 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LameKat

Hello all,
  I'm new to the forums but have owned a TG16 and PCE for a few years. I have had the urge to buy a Supergrafx console (loose). What should I expect to pay for the console as well as each game. As of right now E-Bay seems to be my only benchmark. Thanks for the help.

BlueBMW

Console itself with pad, ac adapter and av cable w/ both exp port caps... maybe $100 to $150???

1941 ~ $175
Granzort - $40
Damakaimura - $45
Aldynes - $55
Battle Ace - $10

These are my best guess.  If Im way off someone tell me! Also not sure about the two hucard+ darius games..
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

VestCunt

Blue's estimates are pretty good.   Granzort and Damakaimura can be found for less, especially incomplete.  You might still be able to find 1941 for less, but it's been a few years since I had to track that one down and I won't pretend to know how bad it's gotten.  Darius Plus is $10.  Darius Alpha is $$$!

Good luck and welcome to the forums!
Topic Adjourned.

LameKat

Thank you much, let the hunt begin.

Arkhan Asylum

Shit, I got a sealed Battle Ace, Aldynes, and Daimakaimura w/ boxed SGX and RAU-30 for like 300$.

Did I win?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

soop

They're odd ones alright.  Blues prices are pretty good,  but I think boxed complete Daimakaimura is a bit more than that.

I've seen all the SGX games apart from 1941 unboxed for around £10, and boxed, Aldynes, Granzort and Daimakaimura for £50-£40.
Battle Ace is cheaper, and the only one I don't have (1941) is just too rare and too expensive for me to bother with for what it is.

Haven't played much battle ace, Aldynes seems fairly run-of-the-mill, and Granzort and Daimakaimura are the good games.

I got my SGX boxed complete for £90, but I've not seen one at that price before or since.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

SuperPlay

I paid for boxed versions:

1941 - £100
Granzort - £17
Damakaimura £30      
Aldynes - £40
Battle Ace - £10

bust3dstr8

Welcome aboard Lamekat. Nice to see another MA guy on the boards. I think it was about 3 years ago I stopped by
your place to trade some PCE for MVS. Things have been pretty quiet around here for a while, but I think the usual suspects like Chris, Ben, Gordon, and Rich are gearing up for a few meetups this summer. GL with the SGX hunt and
hopefully you can stop by a meetup.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

LameKat

Hey, I remember you, you were in my dining room. Saw the meet up posts on N-G, maybe I'll come out of my bubble this year.

Tatsujin

Here I nice set of SGFX full members :)

/sgfxcomplete.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Show off  [-(

:lol:  Nice collection tho!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Yeah, and everything inside looks untouched :D
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

soop

Darius Alpha AND an unopened 1941 :O

Tatsujin

Oh, it's opened. Don't worry about that ;)

turbogrfxfan

Yeah, I've been looking for 1941 for over 6 months now in the 150-175 dollar range aand no luck.  Just found it 185+  dats the fax jaxx
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

soop

I've resigned myself to the fact that it's likely the only Supergrafx game I will never own (I don't count the Darius games)

turbogrfxfan

Yeah I don't consider darius games what so ever
  As far as 1941. I get mixed reviews so I'm not fiending for it too bad.

Opethian

1941 is pretty good port but I love Aldynes more
IMG

csgx1

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 07/08/2011, 06:16 AMYeah, I've been looking for 1941 for over 6 months now in the 150-175 dollar range aand no luck.  Just found it 185+  dats the fax jaxx
I thought this ebay lot that ended 2 months ago was a fairly decent deal for 1941.  Unfortunately it didn't have the cardboard sleeve.   

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150602923852

turbogrfxfan

Yeah it ended around 140 bucks but 1941 wasn't complete w cardboard sleve. I usually wouldn't car but for that price and for the system having five games. I passed

nat

1941 must have really jumped in price. I got it for like half that a couple years ago.

It also kicks the shit out of 1943, great game, IMO.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Tatsujin

Quote from: nat on 07/08/2011, 08:02 PMIt also kicks the shit out of 1943.
A 100 times at least!

nat

For sure. I'd question anyone giving 1941 a poor review.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

VestCunt

Quote from: nat on 07/08/2011, 11:01 PMFor sure. I'd question anyone giving 1941 a poor review.
Well, heck, without the cardboard sleeve it's a terrible game!
Topic Adjourned.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2011, 03:46 AMWell, heck, without the cardboard sleeve it's a terrible game!
thats not what i was saying. dont start

LameKat

Just thought I'd update, I got my boxed SGX (junked power supply) and loose Battle Ace for $160 and Daimakaimura (no sleeve) for $30. Thanks KitKit.
 I also just won an auction for a complete Granzort for $30.

turbogrfxfan

hop you enjoy the system as muc as i do!!!  have fun