OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Homebrew titles

Started by Sadler, 07/22/2011, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadler

How many homebrew titles have been officially released? I know about Insanity, Implode and Meteor Blaster DX. Are there any others? Also, does anyone know where to get Meteor Blaster DX these days? I checked the MindRec store and didn't see it. Thanks!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Sadler on 07/22/2011, 06:22 PMHow many homebrew titles have been officially released? I know about Insanity, Implode and Meteor Blaster DX. Are there any others? Also, does anyone know where to get Meteor Blaster DX these days? I checked the MindRec store and didn't see it. Thanks!
Those are the only three CD produced available games. There's a lot of homebrews that exist as HuCard ROMs.

Also, Meteor Blaster DX is tougher to find as it was a CDR and each copy had to be manually burned by BT whereas there's a glut of Implodes on the market. I don't think BT Garner is still updating MindRec, so if you're looking for it maybe put out a bounty for it on the Sales & Trades board on this site.
--DragonmasterDan

VestCunt

I think there is a more complete homebrew roll call, but this is the most recent:  https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10026.0
Topic Adjourned.

16bit

Quote from: Sadler on 07/22/2011, 06:22 PMHow many homebrew titles have been officially released? I know about Insanity, Implode and Meteor Blaster DX. Are there any others? Also, does anyone know where to get Meteor Blaster DX these days? I checked the MindRec store and didn't see it. Thanks!
Meteor Blaster DX is in their store....link here: http://mindrec.com/index.php?main=store/info.php&id=BTCD0402

As far as released games go, I think you named them all. There are still a bunch that are being worked on, here are a few off the top of my head:

Mysterious Song
PC-Engine Retrocade
Jungle Bros.

And the following games were announced a few years back but no recent updates:

PC Cocoron (ok kidding....) all jokes aside *ahem*:
Xymati XBL only
PC-Gunjin

Arkhan Asylum

theres also Tonguemans Logic, though it wasnt on a pressed disc release.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sadler

Thanks guys! Just ordered Insanity and Meteor Blaster DX.  :) I really appreciate the home brew scene. I really need to get back to working on my PC Engine, uh, engine.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Sadler on 07/23/2011, 03:09 PMThanks guys! Just ordered Insanity and Meteor Blaster DX.  :) I really appreciate the home brew scene. I really need to get back to working on my PC Engine, uh, engine.
I saw your order for it!  I had a busy weekend so I didnt get to box it up.  I will be getting to it asap though :) Hopefully you dont think it blows
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!