10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Listening to a brilliant chiptune album.

Started by 16bit, 07/24/2011, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

16bit

It's called Rise of the Obsidian Interstellar by Disasterpeace. I've just stumbled upon it an hour ago and my mind has been obliterated by it's beauty. My only wish is that there was a game to go along with this score.

http://disasterpeace.bandcamp.com/album/rise-of-the-obsidian-interstellar

IMG

Anyone able to recommend other good chiptune albums?

Opethian

Rushjet- Out There and Sounds of the 2A03

Nullsleep - Gameboy Singles and Depechemode Megamix
IMG

16bit

Quote from: Opethian on 07/24/2011, 10:56 PMRushjet- Out There and Sounds of the 2A03

Nullsleep - Gameboy Singles and Depechemode Megamix
Thank you, Opethian. I will check those out!

Tatsujin

I lissen to chiptunez on my computer. Ten-thounsands of it :)

But I will lissen to this album as well.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Starfighter

Bit Shifter - Life's a bit shifter

Pretty much the only chiptune album you'll ever need. It might be my love for strong warm melodies á la Gameboy but I think he really sets the bar for the whole genre.

JoshTurboTrollX

I know everyone knows about Anamanaguchi, but their still pretty awesome.

Otherwise I recently discovered Breakbeat Heartbeat, and they're crazy awesome!

There is also an 8g torrent going around of some various talented groups on thepiratebay for those interested in 'renting'
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

I hear Insanity has some pretty good chiptunes, lol.

I might be offering up the soundtrack soon on the cheap.  PCe chiptunes are sexy.  They dont have the very typical "done with nerdtracker or a C64" sound.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

_Paul

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/25/2011, 01:24 PMI know everyone knows about Anamanaguchi, but their still pretty awesome.
The Scott Pilgrim album is fantastic.

16bit

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2011, 12:49 PMI hear Insanity has some pretty good chiptunes, lol.

I might be offering up the soundtrack soon on the cheap.  PCe chiptunes are sexy.  They dont have the very typical "done with nerdtracker or a C64" sound.
I have to say, the music in Insanity is awesome. I'd definitely be up for hearing the soundtrack.

By the way, does anyone know a surefire way to extract HES files from a CD-Rom game? From what I hear it's a process that requires a lot of background knowledge about how PCE games work, of which I'm devoid of...I really want to capture some great chiptune tracks on a few games that aren't already available anywhere else.