10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine Gamer issue 5 is out!

Started by _Paul, 08/01/2011, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

OldMan

Brown, Hard, taffy ??!??
Yeah, the black thingy contains the magic smoke.
(Ask any electronics person about magic smoke).

NecroPhile

Oooo, goody!  New reading stuff - thanks, Paul.

Quote from: TheOldMan on 08/01/2011, 03:30 PM(Ask any electronics person about magic smoke).
Heh, haven't heard that one in a few years - if you let it out, it ain't gonna work no mo'.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperPlay

Just had a quick scan, looks like a great issue :)

Thanks.

ParanoiaDragon

Hmm, wasn't expecting the homebrew section :D  Well, if Duke Nukem Forever can come out, so can Mysterious Song :)  I'm actually not sure how long Jungle Bros. will take.  Lord Cack doesn't have internet right now, & I've been having problems with my keyboard, lot's of the keys aren't responding right, so the music is currently at a stand still, but I am going to open & clean it, & got a back up keyboard off ebay for cheap, but I had to track down an ac adapter for it.  I'm hoping this will help speed up the music process, as there's a hell of alot of songs in this game!  Atleast, more unique songs then you'd ever expect in this sort of game, that's for damn well sure!
IMG

16bit

Paul, enjoyed the issue. It is hard working, passionate people like yourself that make the PC-Engine still a revelant and important gaming console today. Thank you for that.

Mathius

Can the new issue still be downloaded? I can't seem to get it to work.

SuperPlay

Quote from: Mathius on 10/02/2011, 11:03 AMCan the new issue still be downloaded? I can't seem to get it to work.
Head over to http://www.pcengine.co.uk/gamer/ and right click the word "PDF" under the issue image that you want and select "save link as"

Mathius

Quote from: SuperPlay on 10/02/2011, 11:21 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/02/2011, 11:03 AMCan the new issue still be downloaded? I can't seem to get it to work.
Head over to http://www.pcengine.co.uk/gamer/ and right click the word "PDF" under the issue image that you want and select "save link as"
Thanks for pointing me towards the obvious answer! I am hopeless at times.  :mrgreen:

_Paul

You should also be able to download direct from the issuu site but you might need to be logged in, I'm not sure.

allyourblood

Woah, this is awesome. Never seen it before. I'm gonna catch up today! Thanks!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

futurematt

Great work Sunteam, enjoyed the issue...I have still yet to feel compelled to by Ys or any other RPG for that matter, despite being a big PCE fan. Closest I get to RPG on the PCE is Dungeon Explorer..maybe Legend of Valkerie...but they're just top down shooters really!
Systems: PCE white, Core Grafx, CD Rom2 / IFU30, GT, LT, Super CD Rom2. Games: Almost all the shooters and about 50 others and growing! Also into Sega Saturn and Dreamcast shooters.
For HD gaming stuff visit my You Tube channel "Ten Minute Turbo Show" at www.youtube.com/futurematt5

_Paul

Quote from: futurematt on 10/04/2011, 05:44 PMGreat work Sunteam, enjoyed the issue...I have still yet to feel compelled to by Ys or any other RPG for that matter, despite being a big PCE fan. Closest I get to RPG on the PCE is Dungeon Explorer..maybe Legend of Valkerie...but they're just top down shooters really!
Ys is just Dungeon Explorer without the bullets, it's very action oriented. Go for it.

MotherGunner

Nice work Paul Ole Chap!   I think these are worthy of taking them to the printers to spit out some physical magazines!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

c0ldb33r

These are awesome.

Can someone recommend the best way to print these out?
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

JoshTurboTrollX

These are always great reads Paul!!  Terrific job man!! If it wasn't for the Joe Redifer sections I would totally pay money for these!

I just DL the PDF's and print 'em front and back to make a book out of them.  Pop 'em in a 3 ring and away we go!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

allyourblood

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/07/2011, 12:15 PMIf it wasn't for the Joe Redifer sections I would totally pay money for these!
OH SNAP
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

_Paul

Just tried saving this in Kindle format. The results are all over the place, but there's something kinda cool about it.

/dsc05287w.jpg

/dsc05289y.jpg