RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Give My New Boat a Turbografx-related Name!

Started by jlued686, 08/05/2011, 07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlued686

First, some background...

My brother and I used to spend hours - days - playing Turbo games back in the day. The time we spent together rank amongst my favorite memories and is one of the main reasons I love this console so much 20+ years later.

We recently decided to buy a boat together and today, as we were sanding/painting it, we thought it would be cool to name it, and name it to something related to the great times we had together with the Turbografx-16 and Turbo Duo. Kinda nerdy, yeah, but still fun.

We came up with a couple ideas, but I thought I'd see if you guys had any cool ideas. Here are a few ideas we had:

Bloody Wolf
Ninja Spirit
Hunting Dog (from Gate of Thunder)
Vic Viper

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mathius

Keranu

Haha, Hunting Dog's a great boat name!

How about USS MEAT EATER?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TR0N

Long as you don't name it gunboat then you should be ok  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

_Paul

hizaygizirlz

Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

bartre

Otaking

Deep Blue

or

80% new
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

Sparky

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

Mishran

SamIAm

Otaking

Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

_Paul

TGX16

Vecanti

What is the name of the boat Adol Christin is in on in Ys Book 1 that takes him to the land of Ys?

That would be pretty cool, because every time you go out on the water you can always wonder if you might just wind up there.  :D

16bit

Lilgrafx

Blazing Turbo Thunder Spirit of Courage!

Vecanti

Ones that might get you some strange looks:

The Manhole

Mad Stalker

J. B. Harold Murder Club

Horror Story

Genocide

Fiend Hunter

and for bad luck............ Splash Lake

Otaking

VestCunt

Nurse Nancy
Lake Harrier
Aqual (from LoT)
Aquatic Fantasy 2
A.N.G.E.L. Fish Attack Sub (from Deep Blue)
Topic Adjourned.

jlued686

Quote from: SamIAm on 08/06/2011, 09:24 AMJohnny Turboat
This one made me laugh out loud. Not only is it hilarious, John is also my first name. I'll mention it to my brother.

We also thought it would be hilarious to name it "Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu", simply for the absurdity factor.

Another idea was to name it "Bonk's Adventure" so we could call our next boat "Bonk's Revenge".

You guys came up with some great names. Keep 'em coming!

jlued686

henrycsc

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

SamIAm

Glad you liked it.

If your brother doesn't want to use your name, perhaps painting "The Turboat Duo" or "The Turboating Duo" on the side would be a good compromise?

sheath

LEGENDARY! 

... wait, that one has been used recently.

Bonk! .. ..  No, that isn't what you would want from a boat. 

Adventure Spirit. 

Yup, that's the best I can come up with, just because it's the most often used words in the games.

DesmondThe3rd

ParanoiaDragon

SS Turbob, the Captian Cook, Alshark, Andrea Panza Kickboxing, Champions Forever Boating, TV Sports Boating, Baby's Jo's Floatmobile, Dr. Bomb, Mysterious Song, Richter Boatmont, The Buster Bros., Cyber Core, Sinistron, Daisenpu Custom, Last Alert, SS Guy Kazama, SS Chairman Steve,  Dragon Boat Z, Wicked Boatomenom, Boating Run, Gain Water SX, Spiral Wave, Boat of Thunder, Gulliver Boat, Hani on the Water, Impossamole's Revenge, It Came From the Water/Ocean, John Madden Duo CD Boat, The Kaze Kiri, Knight Rider Special, KO Century Boat, Liquid Kids, Lords of the Rising Ship, Magical Dinosaur Tour, Mine Sweeper, Motoboater, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Parasol Stars: Bubble Boater 3, Shadow of the Boat, Shapeshipper, Silent Deboaters, Sea Battleship Yamato, Takin' it to the Lake/Sea, Time Boat, Toilet Kids, Travellers!, SS Vecante, The Rogless, SS Yuko, Veigues Tactical Boatiator, The Wanderer from Ys, SS Luta Gemma, The Garuda, Dark Fact, Goban the Boatit, ....The Black Pearl :dance:, The Ideal Utopia, SS Chester, Dogi the Water Crusher, ...that's all I got for now, I feel like I can come up with more Ys related one's. !

I don't recall a name for the boat that Adol arrives in.....in any version of the game(though, atleast half the versions of Ys 1 have him shipwrecked on Esteria, rather then arriving by boat).

Quote from: guest on 08/06/2011, 06:34 PM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 08/06/2011, 03:44 PMBlazing Sailors
This is my wife's favorite. Definitely in the running.
That is awesome, I truly LOL'd at that, however.....some may get the wrong idea about you, with both the Blazing & the Sailors part  :lol:
IMG

Mathius

Ha! Richter Boatmont! :lol:

John Madden Duo CD Boat :lol:

Sleepy Gnome

call it Bonk and crash it into other boats

csgx1

Tatsujin

Sure it must be named "Tatsujin" :idea:

Plain and simple.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

GameFreak

Call it the "multitap" if you are single and bring lots of girls on the boat.

Call it the "turbotap" if you are married.

:D

BlueBMW

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/07/2011, 08:52 PMSure it must be named "Tatsujin" :idea:

Plain and simple.
Nah it just needs a "Sponsored by Tatsujin Corp" banner somewhere on the hull.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/07/2011, 08:52 PMSure it must be named "Tatsujin" :idea:

Plain and simple.
Naw i'd say it needs it's engrish title Truxton   :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Vecanti

Quote from: GameFreak on 08/07/2011, 09:31 PMCall it the "multitap" if you are single and bring lots of girls on the boat.
Or Virgin Dream ;)

maybe Popful Holes?

Aren't boats suppose to be named after women?
How about one of the girls from Strip Fighter II?

Keith Courage

I would name it a name of a character in a game. Maybe Adol, Van, Sadler, or Belmont. Then again, if you named it Dogi(ys character) people would think you were naming it after that lame ass rap song. Teach me how to Dogi!

Tatsujin

Quote from: TR0N on 08/08/2011, 02:16 AM

Plain and simple.
Naw i'd say it needs it's engrish title Truxton   :wink:
Sure would be nice as a name solely, but has less OBEY in it ;)

lol bemby :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Otaking

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Supposedly boats have vaginas, so how 'bout Esty or Kokuru?

PD has a string of winners there.  Heh, the Black Pearl.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

Last boat I named was called "Das Boot" but thats not really Turbo related hehe.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

Blazing Lazarette? Military Mooring? Ninja Spinnaker? Order of the Ground Tackle? Super Starboard?

GameFreak

name it "Any Sea".
(pronounced same as "N.E.C.")

- :lol: that would be coool!

henrycsc

How about  "Kawa No Nushitsuri Shizenha"?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

jlued686

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Sorry for the necropost, but I was out on my boat the other day and realized I never told you guys what we named it, all those years ago.

*Drumroll*...

WAKE of THUNDER!

You may now go about your 2014 business.

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 07/28/2014, 03:55 PMRISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Sorry for the necropost, but I was out on my boat the other day and realized I never told you guys what we named it, all those years ago.

*Drumroll*...

WAKE of THUNDER!

You may now go about your 2014 business.
That's awesome!  I recently re-did a 79' Correct Craft Ski Tique and have been thinking about slapping a video game related name on the back of it.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"