What did I buy?

Started by jasonbar, 08/15/2011, 02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonbar

I can't find much info on this item, except that it's an unlicensed Games Express game that may need the unlicensed Games Express CD-ROM system card to run.

Please ID!

Thanks,
-Jason

RR1980

it's a mahjong game!

Otaking

The game is: Kyūkyoku Mahjong Idol Graphics / 究極麻雀アイドルグラフィックス

It's a Game Express HuCard game.

:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Opethian

yea game is not a CD so dont worry about needing a Games Express card to run it :P
IMG

jasonbar

jasonbar

It's time for another installment of: What Did I Buy?!?!?

I went through & sorted my games today, weeded out dupes (big sale forthcoming!), organized them, filled out data in my collection spreadsheet, etc. etc.

I came across a map that wasn't in a case.  I don't know to which game this belongs.  Please ID!

Thanks!
-Jason

shubibiman

This looks like Dragon Slayer.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

jasonbar

Thanks!  Yup, some Googleage confirmed.  Awesome.

Wait, why does my US Dragon Slayer come in a normal-sized jewel case instead of a thicker one or a double one to accommodate this extra documentation?  It doesn't fit!  =\

Thanks,
-Jason

NecroPhile

That map looks familiar...   :-"
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jasonbar

Quote from: guest on 09/06/2011, 10:51 AMThat map looks familiar...   :-"
Did I buy that from you?  Am I really that scatterbrained?

Wait, don't answer that!

-Jason

GameFreak

QuoteWait, why does my US Dragon Slayer come in a normal-sized jewel case instead of a thicker one or a double one to accommodate this extra documentation?  It doesn't fit!  =\
My US dragon Slayer came in a regular size jewel case. The map does take some effort to get it to fit.

jasonbar

Thanks, but I fear that I'd damage it by cramming it in...  :\

-Jason

TurboXray

That's how it came packaged in the US version. IIRC, jammed in there.

Arkhan Asylum

It comes in a single jewel case because they wanted to laugh at us.

The game was originally a computer game (MSX2), which comes in a fancy ass box, where it fits nice and sexily.

I approve.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jasonbar

Here's another one.  I got a few games recently & one of them isn't in the Digital Press PCE Rarity list (http://www.digitpress.com/lists/dplite_nec_turbografx_import.pdf).

It's catalog number GED-1010 & it looks like this: http://www.games104.com/images.php?src=1h0-1gamebaz4h0-4/3h0-3s/Thumbs/4955754200960.jpg

I'm looking for the name of the game.  It even came with the Games Express CD Card.  Woohoo!

Edit: is it "Pretty Girl Mahjong"?

Thanks,
-Jason

M1Savage

CD Mahjong Bishoujo Tyuushinha

It's a good beginner mahjong game. Have fun!

jasonbar

Thanks!  Where did you find that bit of info, if I may ask?

-Jason

M1Savage

From my never completed PC Engine Mahjong site. Here's some basic info on the game I've cut and pasted -

Button I: Action button.

Button II: Backs up from menu screens.

Run Button: Not used.

Select Button: Not used.

D Pad Up: Gameplay menu button. Brings up Kan, Reach, Chi, Pon, Kan, Ron, Tsumo depending on the situation. The far right selection will bring up the cheat item menu.

D Pad Left/Right: Select tile

To completely win the game, beat Haruna and Natsumi four times each, and Chiaki five times.

If you lose a round, it's game over.

More item hearts will be given to you between rounds.

After beating the game, you will be given a cheat code to unlock the animated sequences.

Difficulty: Easy

jasonbar

Thanks!  Is your site on-line anywhere for reference & use, even though it's not completed?

Thanks,
-Jason

M1Savage

Not at the moment but I may go ahead and put it back up "as is" soon. If so, I'll post something here.

Mishran

I too have that mahjong game. Never played mahjong so I still have no idea how to play the game yet. :-k