RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

WTB: Some games and some misc.

Started by ChrisBucci, 09/22/2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisBucci

Hi guys,

I have a bunch of misc. stuff I'd like to pickup for myself (to replace).  Can you let me know if you have any of these or a good source?  Thanks!!

- Duo World:  Issue #2 and #3
- Cotton (U.S. Game, just need original CD)  **GOT IT, THANKS!**
- Sherlock Holmes physical newspapers (any condition)  **GOT IT, THANKS!**
- Turbo Force: Issue #1 and #2  **GOT IT, THANKS!**

- Bomberman '93 manual **GOT IT, THANKS!**
- Super Star Soldier (U.S. Game, just need original chip **GOT IT, THANKS!*
- Might and Magic III (U.S. Game, complete)  **GOT IT, THANKS!**
- Extra Duo Pad (used is fine)  **GOT IT, THANKS!**
- Vasteel Outer Sleeve  **GOT IT, THANKS!**

Thanks guys!
Chris Bucci

ChrisBucci

Got the M and M III.  Thanks!!!

Was going to bid on a Cotton on Ebay but.......wow........um, I guess I'll be NOT having that one again for the $550 or something it just went for.  Damn!  It is a shame that mine cracked somehow and I don't know why.  Why couldn't it have been Buster Bros. or something cheaper.  Sigh!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: spida1a on 09/24/2011, 09:08 PMGot the M and M III.  Thanks!!!

Was going to bid on a Cotton on Ebay but.......wow........um, I guess I'll be NOT having that one again for the $550 or something it just went for.  Damn!  It is a shame that mine cracked somehow and I don't know why.  Why couldn't it have been Buster Bros. or something cheaper.  Sigh!!
It went for how much?

Chris, just an FYI the Japanese Cotton has an English language toggle, it's basically the same as the US one except the packaging and the fact that the default language is Japanese (just press select on the title screen to change it).
--DragonmasterDan

ChrisBucci

It went for $569.09.

Yeah, I know about the Japanese version.  But, the collector-in-me just won't have it any other way I guess.  Ha ha.   Hopefully someone will just have the Disc randomly sitting around for NO reason one day..... :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: spida1a on 09/24/2011, 09:17 PMIt went for $569.09.
That's insanity, Magical Chase has sold for less in the past six months.
--DragonmasterDan

ChrisBucci

I hear ya'.  At one time I could say "I completed the collection in 2003."  But.........now.......

One was stolen in transit to move here, one was damaged (Cotton) and well.....the rest is too sad.  lol.  :)

Bernie

Stolen!!!!  Must kill the culprit!!  BIATCHHHHHH!!!  ahem.. anyway, I would just keep the cracked original, and play the burn from the copy I sent ya.  Shit on 500.00 for Cotton.

Mathius

Idiots who pay these gougers that kind of money is destroying retro gaming! Chris, maybe you could do a special about the damage this is doing to our beloved hobby? Someone needs to get the word out. Someone who has a lot of subscribers. :wink:

Dyna138

That $500+ US Cotton has to be a fluke, I've seen plenty sell in the $50-$100 range. I'm sure you'll be able to get a hold of one for a good price with some persistence Chris.

ChrisBucci

Persistence?  Is that Latin for......flea market?   ;)

ChrisBucci

Bump Bumpidy Bump Bump Bump!
;)

TR0N

Some body help spida1a out  :wink: Given finding TG16 games in the wild is next to impossible these days  :P

Btw,spida1a whens the next turboviews due it's been many months since the last one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TheClash603

The sad thing about that $500+ Cotton is that it was probably a resell of the $40 BIN from 2 weeks earlier.  $500 is absurd though, this game has been selling for $100-$125 forever.

Funny enough, I think the guy at the flea market had this for sale by me for $150 and I thought it was highway robbery.

ChrisBucci

Was able to get Super Star Soldier....thanks Mathius!

So, that's two off the list.  :)

Bernie

Chris, I have an extra pcengine controller if you want it.  Its not the Turbo Duo one, but still a controller you can use with your Duo.  PM me your address info if ya want it, and I will send it out.

xcrement5x

Good luck on finding the Vasteel sleeve!  I needed one and actually just wound up purchasing another copy of the game so that I could have the sleeve.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ChrisBucci

Yeah, I'm well aware it's a long-shot.  But.....might as well put it there along with the other want list.   

And, I would do the same if I needed to... :)

ChrisBucci

Bump, bumpity, bump bump bump.........  ;)

Mathius

Did Super Star Soldier make it in one piece, Bucc? :)

ChrisBucci

Sure did Mathius my good man!  :) :)

Mathius

TrûMisery

Quote from: Dyna138 on 09/25/2011, 09:07 PMThat $500+ US Cotton has to be a fluke, I've seen plenty sell in the $50-$100 range. I'm sure you'll be able to get a hold of one for a good price with some persistence Chris.
Cheaper, but someone just bought this one for $300... still too damn much in opinion:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cotton-Fantasic-Night-Dreams-Turbo-Grafx-16-CD-Duo-Complete-/190589588776?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c60065528
There are only 2 races on this planet... the Intelligent and the Stupid...

Retrocool

[/quote]Chris, just an FYI the Japanese Cotton has an English language toggle, it's basically the same as the US one except the packaging and the fact that the default language is Japanese (just press select on the title screen to change it).[/quote]
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/24/2011, 09:15 PM
Quote from: spida1a on 09/24/2011, 09:08 PMGood to know.. i just ended up picking up the Japanese version myself a LONG time ago, but when I strike it rich.. I will buy the Original....
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

ChrisBucci

NecroPhile

Quote from: spida1a on 09/22/2011, 05:15 PM- Sherlock Holmes newspapers (any condition)
I've only got one set, but you can print your own if you just want a set to use.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ChrisBucci

I know this is an old post but, thought I'd just update it.  Thanks!!  :)
Chris Bucci

ChrisBucci

Just updated, thanks as always!   :)

ChrisBucci

Been a while, thought I'd bumpidy bump bump :)

ChrisBucci

Almost had a Cotton....haha.   So, bump!  ;)  Thanks!

ChrisBucci

THIS close to finishing this checklist.  Ha ha.  Thanks all!

ChrisBucci

Great thanks!

ChrisBucci

Boom!  Got them!  Thanks Nulltard!!

InfraMan

Hey spida1a! I just joined here a couple of weeks ago after FINALLY picking up a Duo-R... I've basically been lurking around here looking for reasonable (i.e., non-eBay) prices on some CD games, so this is my first actual post, lol.

Anyway, just wanted to come out of the shadows to say that I absolutely LOVE your YouTube channel... your reviews motivated me to get off the fence and jump into Turbo gaming after wanting to for years.

My wallet hates you, btw :P

RoyVegas

Quote from: InfraMan on 02/13/2014, 10:46 AMHey spida1a! I just joined here a couple of weeks ago after FINALLY picking up a Duo-R... I've basically been lurking around here looking for reasonable (i.e., non-eBay) prices on some CD games, so this is my first actual post, lol.

Anyway, just wanted to come out of the shadows to say that I absolutely LOVE your YouTube channel... your reviews motivated me to get off the fence and jump into Turbo gaming after wanting to for years.

My wallet hates you, btw :P
Excellent first post and welcome aboard!
All is well. :)

ChrisBucci

Lol!    Well, thanks my friend (I mean, not the "wallet" thing of course.
Welcome to this forum.  Everyone here is awesome!  :)

ChrisBucci

HailingTheThings

Quote from: spida1a on 09/08/2014, 11:13 PMBizump!    :)
Is that Buccinese for I'm totally making new Turbo Views episodes? :3
IMG

ChrisBucci

Oh, totally!   Lol!  :) 
(though some people who LOVE the game I am about to review ... might not like me very much this week, ha ha)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: spida1a on 09/09/2014, 10:04 AMOh, totally!   Lol!  :) 
(though some people who LOVE the game I am about to review ... might not like me very much this week, ha ha)
Awesome! I'm eagerly awaiting your next installment. <3
IMG

DeshDildo

Quote from: spida1a on 09/09/2014, 10:04 AMOh, totally!   Lol!  :) 
YES!
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

ChrisBucci

ChrisBucci

SO close to finishing this checklist of wants.  Ha ha. 
No luck on Duo World:  Issue #2 and #3?  Anyone?  ;)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: spida1a on 10/21/2014, 12:26 AMSO close to finishing this checklist of wants.  Ha ha. 
No luck on Duo World:  Issue #2 and #3?  Anyone?  ;)
Saw the auction for your old busted Cotton, should have it signed and framed by whoever dropped it instead. :3
IMG

ChrisBucci

Lol!   Or have that person "taken care of quietly!"   ;)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: spida1a on 10/26/2014, 06:20 PMLol!   Or have that person "taken care of quietly!"   ;)
Oh no, Mister Bucci has a dark side. den den den :3
IMG