@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Possibly creating an OBEY T-shirt...

Started by roflmao, 10/27/2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

Hey all,

I recently got access to a bunch of screen printing equipment and have started designing a Blazing Lazers t-shirt.  I thought I'd post my progress here to see if anyone else would be interested in one.

Here is my initial crack at the design.  It's one color and blocky by design - I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible.  I haven't screen printed anything in over 10 years. :)

IMG

I'll admit it's a little too phallic for my tastes so I'm considering starting with some other game (but I'm not too sure what), though I still think this would make a pretty cool t-shirt...  So I'm on the fence.  

If I were to go down this route, do you think you'd have any interest in picking up a t-shirt?  This would be at cost - I'm not looking to make money off this.  I haven't really looked into the cost of paint and t-shirts or even thought about shipping, but I would guess somewhere in the ballpark of $10-15 shipped (in the US).  It may be less if I could buy bulk, but I doubt many people would be interested in this.

Thanks!

allyourblood

Awesome idea, there! But, something about the monochromatic-ness of it makes me think of a duck:

killedaway.com/images/blazingduck.bmp

But I'm definitely down with the idea of a Blazing Lazers shirt. I'd be hoping for a slim or athletic-fit shirt though; would that be possible ?
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

c0ldb33r

I'd go for a Bonk, Zonk or Keith Courage tshirt
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

BlueBMW

BL would be sweet.  Though I want a Nexzr shirt
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

LameKat

allyourblood

Quote from: c0ldb33r on 10/27/2011, 08:18 PMI'd go for a Bonk, Zonk or Keith Courage tshirt
Bonk or Zonk would be awesome! Even a black and white design would be great.

Quote from: LameKat on 10/27/2011, 08:42 PMCan I get one with the duck print?
Blazing Mallard.

Where is fancy bred?

thrush

I might go for a shirt like this at that sort of price, depending on my financial status when the time comes.  If you could figure out an RPGish design I would be even happier: something Neutopia, Cosmic Fantasy 2, or Ys maybe?  I don't know if an Adol sprite would work monochrome, but that would be super cool if it did!  (Bonk & Keith are good choices, too, says I.)

The duck is amazing.

PunkCryborg

how about the sapphire start up screen when you dont have an arcade card? Perfect shirt material

IMG
honestgamers.com/../sapphire/review.html

thrush

Quote from: allyourblood on 10/27/2011, 08:57 PMEven a black and white design would be great.
Agreed!
It'd be neat to have a white/grey Zonk with a yellow lightning-bolt, if you wanted to get fancy.

added in edit:  I'd also prefer a slim fit shirt if possible.

roflmao

Great feedback everyone!  The duck rules.   I'm tempted to make it my avatar. :P

I'll tinker around with some of these ideas and let you know if anything arises.  As far as shirts go, maybe I'll try to find a local store that sells blank t-shirts so if someone wants one, I can just go out and pick the size/style up on an as-needed basis.  I bet Michaels/Hobby Lobby/Target sell blank t-shirts fairly inexpensively.

PunkCryborg

I have a friend with a screen printing business and they use shirts from American Apparel to print on. They are pretty cheap and have a nice fit and style.

allyourblood

Quote from: elabit on 10/28/2011, 02:47 AMI have a friend with a screen printing business and they use shirts from American Apparel to print on. They are pretty cheap and have a nice fit and style.
Yeah, AA shirts are nice, especially the 50/50s and Summer Shirts, although even their standard tee has a good cut.

Where is fancy bred?

blueraven

Quote from: allyourblood on 10/27/2011, 08:09 PMAwesome idea, there! But, something about the monochromatic-ness of it makes me think of a duck:

But I'm definitely down with the idea of a Blazing Lazers shirt. I'd be hoping for a slim or athletic-fit shirt though; would that be possible ?
:D

I want this.

roflmao

Alright, so the BL t-shirt idea didn't go anywhere (except into hilarity) but I started working on a new t-shirt design today and thought I'd share:

IMG

Actually I picked up a Gocco printing press today and really wanted to make a print for that, but it only prints about 4x6 and I haven't been able to come up with a good halftone configuration that will work with it (it's not really meant for halftone type of stuff, but I thought it would be neat).

I have a silkscreen kit begging to be used so hopefully sometime this week I'll get a t-shirt made!  :D

EDIT:  Why did I put this thread in the sales section?  Derp....  :roll:

Tatsujin

Quote from: blueraven on 10/28/2011, 09:14 PM
Quote from: allyourblood on 10/27/2011, 08:09 PMAwesome idea, there! But, something about the monochromatic-ness of it makes me think of a duck:

:D

I want this.
the best :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/27/2011, 09:01 PMhow about the sapphire start up screen when you dont have an arcade card? Perfect shirt material
IMG
never thought about this before, but this start up screen is quite pervert..lol.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

LameKat

Love the new design, still in for the BL shirt if you print them.

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2013, 02:09 AM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/27/2011, 09:01 PMhow about the sapphire start up screen when you dont have an arcade card? Perfect shirt material
IMG
never thought about this before, but this start up screen is quite pervert..lol.
Hmmmmm.... It seems OK to me.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

rrob78

roflmao

I see that duck now whenever I play BL.  This image has scarred me for life. :P

I'm going to try to work on the new design later this afternoon so hopefully there'll be another update soon.

Carparama

roflmao

I KNOW!  It's pure brilliance. :P

So I've cleaned up a few areas and moved the shading levels around some today.

IMG

It's intentionally lighter right now because I ended up experimenting with my new Gocco printing system this afternoon.

IMG
IMG
IMG

Tomorrow when the prints are dry and flat I'll take pictures of them in all their glory. I call this series "Courage." :mrgreen:

Sparky

Ya man, that is cool and even if it prints a little rough or bleeds some it would still look cool. What colour shirts are ya thinking?

esteban

You know what, I think I see what you are referring to...

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 04/02/2013, 06:59 AM
You know what, I think I see what you are referring to...

IMG
ooOOOooo...  Now you're onto something. :)

liquitek

Looks awesome roflmao.  Let me know if you go ahead with them, I'd love either the original BL or Courage.

SeymorOnion

Here's two designs for ya:

IMG IMG

But seriously, put me down for one t-shirt (Adult, XL), whatever design you choose to go with. :wink:
It doesn't have to have my designs on it.

roflmao

Quote from: SeymorOnion on 04/04/2013, 07:28 PMHere's two designs for ya:
IMG IMG
But seriously, put me down for one t-shirt (Adult, XL), whatever design you choose to go with. :wink:
It doesn't have to have my designs on it.
LOL!!!  I love all of the hilariousness that has come from the Blazing Lazers t-shirt idea!  When I initially posted it, I had NO IDEA there was a duck hidden there and it's awesome that it was pointed out to me (however, I see that duck whenever I play BL, which makes the game kind of absurd).

I will definitely make some sort of t-shirt based off of this design, if only so a handful of us can share an internal pcefx joke at conventions. :D

SeymorOnion, your second image is classic.  I may have to combine it with the color version of the BL duck, and maybe throw in the Alpha Suit for kicks. (thanks again for your flashcard - I've been playing with it a lot recently!)

I'm going out of town for a few days leaving tomorrow so someone needs to remind me on Monday to get cracking!