RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

WTB: Kid Friendly PCE titles

Started by MotherGunner, 11/07/2011, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

Hi Guys, so my 6 year-old son is definitely obsessed with TG/PCE now though his response and dexterity is not all there yet.

He fairs okay at simpler games though like Devil's/Alien Crush, Galaga, SF II (punching and kicking, no combos), and Vigilante.

I am planning on getting him some loosies like Space Invaders, Time Cruise, and possibly China Warrior.

So far I think the rest of the american library is pretty much too complicated for him right now, but are there any japanese titles that are "simple" games that I could explore?  I am not too familiar with the HuCard library and this would be for gaming on the Turbo Express (modded by Beemer).

Complicated shooters won't work this year, maybe next.  =)

Thanks!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

herr-g

I'd suggest
- Doraemon (Hudson 22)
- PC Genjin 1
- Batman
- Parasol Stars
- Dondokodon
- Niko Niko Pun

MotherGunner

Thanks Herr,  I will add Batman and Doraemon to the list.  Will research Niko Niko Pun.
-MG

NecroPhile

Check out Dragon Egg and multiplayer Bomberman - my nephews played it at that age and had fun blowing each other up.   If ya want a disc game for him to try, look at Nemurenumori No Chiisana Ohanashi and The Manhole; the animations and pics are damn cute, but the language barrier might be a turn off.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

-MG

RR1980

yeah Niko Niko Pun was specificially designed for kids although I dunno if 6yo might be too old for it even. You basically just choose from 3 cutesy characters and go from start to end in a level and you can't die but it has nice music and the manual is actually a fold out poster for the kid's room.