@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Do you like the PC-FX?

Started by pcesupergrafx, 11/13/2011, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcesupergrafx

I really love the console. It's probably the main reason I'm learning Japanese. But it seems not many other people love it and cherish it as much as I do. I have over 60 different systems and I play the FX so much. Do you love the FX?

Arkhan Asylum

www.pcfxtoo.com

This is my site I am working on (will resume after semester ends in a few weeks)

I love the PC-FX
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ji-L87

Quote from: guest on 11/13/2011, 04:35 AMwww.pcfxtoo.com
"So, dive in and find out why the PC-FX is more than just a "white dating sim box"."
Regardless of how true the above statement is, all the images from various adventure/gal games/simulations aren't helping :p
k, enough trolling, lol

I do like the PC-FX, but I do not own one, yet. It's on my list. I've been this close to buying one of those untested "junk"-systems that pops up here and there.

I do love me some anime games (in healthy doses) so I believe I could like the system. Don't like the prices though : <
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

NecroPhile

I like the PC-FX, but I love the Turbob and it's huge variety of quality games.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 11/13/2011, 06:12 AMRegardless of how true the above statement is, all the images from various adventure/gal games/simulations aren't helping :p
k, enough trolling, lol
Rolfee is the PC-FX mascot, Yuna is the uber-crossplatform-mascot, and any character from Pia Carrot is legit.  :)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

spenoza

Dunno, man... I kinda think of the PC-FX the same way I do the 3DO or the Jaguar, only with more digital manga.

jlued686

I like it, but mainly as a curiosity piece. It's cool when I want to bust out something a little off-the-beaten-path.

If I could only play one console for the rest of my life, I could easily choose the Turbo Duo, the SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, etc. I would never choose the PC-FX.

Aggie Tsubi

It's not my favorite system, or even that close, but I do really like the PC-FX a lot. I love an underdog, and despite what the naysayers claim, there is some good stuff in the PC-FX's library (and I don't mean just the "big three" of Chip-chan Kick, Zeroigar, and Zenki).

Arkhan Asylum

LIP is the best thing since sliced bread for people who loved Sorcerian and want moar of that kind of game.

FraGMarE

To be perfectly honest, I will PCE Obey Til My Last Day.  The PC-FX... i really couldn't care less about.  </heresy>

Nando

I'm curious about it and can't wait to see it's 2D power come out form the homebrew teams

blowback

Just got my PC-FX, and while most games are completely Japanese. I do find the system quite enjoyable. It's a nice piece of gaming history, and I'm glad I finally got one.

MotherGunner

Sadly, I can't seem to get into a system that was meant for guys who sleep with giant pillows with anime girls on them or just plain girls for that matter...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

SamIAm

I bought a PC-FX about a year ago, and it's a neat thing to have. It hasn't seen a lot of playtime to be honest, although it's seen WAY more than my 3DO. For better or for worse, this is one system where as soon as you start a game, you feel like you're blasting off into PC-FX Land, a place like none other.

You better like Japanese "gal-games" though. Even if the real number of dating-sims on the system isn't so huge, the degree to which the library in general tries to sell itself with cute anime girlies is a little unbalanced, to say the least. It's also a little embarrassing to try to show and explain to people. Playing alone, I often find myself asking "WTF am I doing?". Maybe I need to chill out, but I've been put off from more than one game because of this.

On one hand, the PC-FX still has its moments, owing mostly to Zenki, Zeroigar, and all the games that have fairly well-animated cutscenes. On the other hand, even with price and language issues set aside, this is one of the last underdog systems I'd ever recommend to anyone.

SignOfZeta

Only in a PC-FX forum would you see a question like, "Do you like the PC-FX?". I mean, they don't have questions like, "Do you like the Neo Geo" in a Neo Geo forum, or "Do you like the Famicom" on a Famicom forum. That's how pathetic the FX is.

Of course, if you asked "Do you like the 3DO" on a 3DO forum they probably wouldn't even be able to process the question since anyone who has a 3DO is just collecting junk for junk's sake. At least the FX is above that station.
IMG

blueraven

Re: Do you like the PC-FX?

Yes. :)

SamIAm

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/11/2012, 04:20 AMOnly in a PC-FX forum would you see a question like, "Do you like the PC-FX?". I mean, they don't have questions like, "Do you like the Neo Geo" in a Neo Geo forum, or "Do you like the Famicom" on a Famicom forum. That's how pathetic the FX is.

Of course, if you asked "Do you like the 3DO" on a 3DO forum they probably wouldn't even be able to process the question since anyone who has a 3DO is just collecting junk for junk's sake. At least the FX is above that station.
To be fair, I think asking "Do you like X?" on an X-themed forum is pretty strange no matter what X is, and I can only guess why the OP phrased the topic that way.

The fact that the 3DO doesn't have a single exclusive/best-port 2D action game that's worth a damn makes it suck pretty hard. The main joy of having one on my shelf is looking on a gaming system that was basically a Rolls Royce back when I was nine and it hit the market. It's a small joy, but that and the chance to give a dozen or so curious games a shot was worth the $20 I paid for it.

Anyway, I'll say that I enjoyed Zeroigar, and I'll probably enjoy it several more times before I'm done.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/11/2012, 04:20 AMOnly in a PC-FX forum would you see a question like, "Do you like the PC-FX?". I mean, they don't have questions like, "Do you like the Neo Geo" in a Neo Geo forum, or "Do you like the Famicom" on a Famicom forum. That's how pathetic the FX is.

you have to remember, this is a subforum of a bigger forum, so asking if you like the subthing isn't really out of line.

If the question were "Do you like NEC consoles" , I'd agree with you.

Ji-L87

Maybe the question should've been "Why do you like the PC-FX?"  - or "What makes the PC-FX special to you?" or "Tell us why you like the PC-FX" or something similar.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Arkhan Asylum

The PC-FX has a ton of homebrew potential.  More so than the Saturn or the PSX, at least!

=3

will it ever see the light of day? no not really.

rover and me are about it as far as people retarded enough to try it

Mishran

Quote from: SamIAm on 01/11/2012, 08:38 AMThe fact that the 3DO doesn't have a single exclusive/best-port 2D action game that's worth a damn makes it suck pretty hard.
It had the downright best console port of Street Fighter 2 at the time though IMO.

I don't own a PC-FX, but will one day. Spent plenty of time playing them though. So to answer the OP question, hellz yeah!

NecroPhile

Riiiiight, because everyone comes here for the PC-FX, not the PCE.  :roll:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 01/11/2012, 09:40 AMThe PC-FX has a ton of homebrew potential.  More so than the Saturn or the PSX, at least!

=3

will it ever see the light of day? no not really.

rover and me are about it as far as people retarded enough to try it
Count me retarded, I want to see Black Satin see the light of day.

esteban

Star Control 2 on 3DO is a blast. There a few other guilty pleasures on the 3DO...but 99.99% of the library is complete and utter shite.

As for the PC-FX... I sold it for $$$ many, many years ago and I would like to get another one of these days.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bernie

I hate the PC-FX!    Just kidding.....

Filler

The PC-FX is chocolate-coated awesome with win-sauce.

BlueBMW

Quote from: filler on 01/13/2012, 10:07 PMThe PC-FX is chocolate-coated awesome with win-sauce.
Is the Team Innocent english translation still a future possibility?   [-o&lt;
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: filler on 01/13/2012, 10:07 PMThe PC-FX is chocolate-coated awesome with win-sauce.
white chocolate.

Filler

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/14/2012, 12:19 AMIs the Team Innocent english translation still a future possibility?   [-o&lt;
It certainly is. I haven't gotten a lot of response from those who agreed to play test the initial alpha, but then again I have been very negligent in bugging people about it. Pennywise made a nice response but I haven't really followed up. Mostly because the WtPC2 testing was going very well and then we found a bunch of undumped text and I've been translating that. Also EK is still planning to dump the item text for Team Innocent which I think will help a lot with the play testing once we can translate and reinsert that. So yeah, things are going fine. It's just one of those things that takes a long time. It's coming right along though. :)

Quote from: guest on 01/14/2012, 12:25 AM
white chocolate.
Indeed. :)