Localization Legend "Supper the Subtitler" has "joined the club" in being targeted for CD-pressings by bootleg master Tobias/PCEWorks! His projects like Private Eyedol, Galaxy Fräulein Yuna 1 & 2, etc. are now being sold on Chinese factory-pressed CDROMs...
IMG
Main Menu

Turbob Jamma!

Started by Nazi NecroPhile, 11/22/2011, 08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nazi NecroPhile

I hope someone here picked up this slice of Turbob history: linky.  I meant to bid on it (up to $150), but I got distracted by something shiny.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

What am I looking at?

nat

Ah yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.

Bernie

Quote from: nat on 11/22/2011, 09:08 PMAh yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
HA!!  I thought the same thing when I seen the listing.  But still, what is it?  I have no idea what a JAMMA board is....

sirhcman

#4
Quote from: bernielindell on 11/22/2011, 09:14 PM
Quote from: nat on 11/22/2011, 09:08 PMAh yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
HA!!  I thought the same thing when I seen the listing.  But still, what is it?  I have no idea what a JAMMA board is....
jamma is a standard arcade video game board wiring interface... a lot of the games from the late 80s/early 90's connected their components (monitor, power, controls) through this common connector to the game board. hence why its a "jamma" board

basically what you are looking at is a tg 16 that was designed to work inside an arcade cabinet.

PunkCryborg

damn I forgot about it, I would've totally bought that for that price to use in my cab. Oh well...

BlueBMW

I threw a bid in before I went to my class tonight and I ended up winning.   I am totally surprised that no one bid higher.  I was curious to see how they did the controller interface and coin control, but not $200+ curious...  $100, any day of the week though!  Hopefully it arrives safe and sound!  Looks cooler than darnit!  Moar pics on arrival!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

nat

Make sure you preserve its "never opened" condition.

BlueBMW

Quote from: nat on 11/23/2011, 12:53 AMMake sure you preserve its "never opened" condition.
But of course! I wont open it any more than it's already been opened.....  #-o
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

Congrats Blue!  That looks awesome.

blueraven

Quote from: nat on 11/22/2011, 09:08 PMAh yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
It's 85% New?

nat

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/23/2011, 12:55 AM
Quote from: nat on 11/23/2011, 12:53 AMMake sure you preserve its "never opened" condition.
But of course! I wont open it any more than it's already been opened.....  #-o
I knew we could count on you.

Quote from: blueraven on 11/23/2011, 01:04 AM
Quote from: nat on 11/22/2011, 09:08 PMAh yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
It's 85% New?
To think... There was an 85% chance we'd never be able to read that thread again.

blueraven

Quote from: nat on 11/23/2011, 01:05 AMTo think... There was an 85% chance we'd never be able to read that thread again.
Haha. Yeah, nat.

SuperPlay

Dam forgot about this one :-(

Nazi NecroPhile

Sweet!  Good to hear that one of the good guys snagged it rather than having it end up in some crazy hoarder's den, never to see the light of day again.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Nice score BMW, you should make a dedicated TURBO CAB! Thatd be s sweet with some graphics on the side!

mrhaboobi

Damn i missed the end of the auction or it mayhave been mine, blue how high would you have gone ;)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

BlueBMW

Quote from: elabit on 11/23/2011, 11:26 AMNice score BMW, you should make a dedicated TURBO CAB! Thatd be s sweet with some graphics on the side!
hmmm.. that would require a second cab... where to put it though! Ahh space is so tight :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

BlueBMW

yeah, " I went back to where I got this and found one more but this is definately the last!"  lol :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

MotherGunner

He also used the same pic.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

sirhcman

Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/23/2011, 09:49 PMHe also used the same pic.
It's a different picture... tape is different on the box and the contents appears to be slightly different

BlueBMW

Though looking close... the serial number on the warranty card appears to be the same lol.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

fire1000

cool! shame it not like the play 10 like the nintendo one. but still cool

PunkCryborg

might try and nab this one but it might go for more now that it has a little more attention....

sirhcman

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/24/2011, 08:26 AMThough looking close... the serial number on the warranty card appears to be the same lol.
I wonder if all the cards had the same serial number.. *shrugs* It certainly appears to be a different unit

Mathius

Nice score Bemby! You should show it off at MGC just for the hells of it. :)