@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

SOLD!: US Turbo Duo

Started by Opethian, 01/22/2012, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

1993 TTi Turbo Duo with Bonk 3-in-1 $OLD
IMG

SMF

OMG, Can it be. A forum member selling a boxed Duo for a reasonable cost?

Forum gougers please take note.

You Opethian are FUCKING AWESOME.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

BlueBMW

Resellers WILL BE SHOT :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

BigusSchmuck

And I thought I was giving a good deal for a broken U.S duo...

SMF

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/23/2012, 12:33 AMResellers WILL BE SHOT :D
Just start asking for the serial number when you see it on eBay lol

blueraven

Deletion

Very interesting. What's the condition? Is it modded? Has it been refurbished (laser & caps)? Can you post photos of the top & front of the console?

blueraven

If it's from Ope, its definitely kosher :)

The Burnin8or

Wow, I joined recently hoping to find a better place to get a TurboDuo than Ebay and this goes up.  I would definitely be interested assuming the unit isn't broke or anything.

Opethian

All caps have been replaced and a new laser has been implemented. Also resellers beware and tread carefully through this thread...
IMG

geise

Is this the one Chop recently cap swapped?

edit:  oops, you posted right before me.  btw why are you selling it?

The Burnin8or

I am definitely not looking to resell it.  I used to have a TG-16 years ago and I have always regretted trading it in.  I have been interested in getting back into one (been on a retro kick recently) and since I never had a CD add on for it, it seemed like the Duo would be the way to go now.

Opethian

I got it in  a trade deal and it is priced to move!
IMG

geise

Quote from: The Burnin8or on 01/23/2012, 09:32 AMI am definitely not looking to resell it.  I used to have a TG-16 years ago and I have always regretted trading it in.  I have been interested in getting back into one (been on a retro kick recently) and since I never had a CD add on for it, it seemed like the Duo would be the way to go now.
If you mainly want to do US HuCards with a CD add on you better hop on this deal.

The Burnin8or

Quote from: geise on 01/23/2012, 09:43 AM
Quote from: The Burnin8or on 01/23/2012, 09:32 AMI am definitely not looking to resell it.  I used to have a TG-16 years ago and I have always regretted trading it in.  I have been interested in getting back into one (been on a retro kick recently) and since I never had a CD add on for it, it seemed like the Duo would be the way to go now.
If you mainly want to do US HuCards with a CD add on you better hop on this deal. 
That is certainly where I am looking to start; just trying to get some of the stuff I got rid of, but can't easily play in another way now.  For example, I loved Military Madness, but I have that collection on the PS1 now, so I am good there.  I have numerous things from the VC and PSN but I'd really like to have physical copies of stuff instead.

geise

Everything is better on an HuCard.  :D

The Burnin8or

Anything in particular you guys do to weed out resellers and such?  I realize it's probably pretty questionable for me to display such interest after having just recently registered and all.

BlueBMW

We have... methods... :twisted:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

hot tar and feathers

The Burnin8or

Quote from: elabit on 01/23/2012, 11:18 AMhot tar and feathers
Is that AFTER you find someone as a reseller or just part of the normal screening process?

BlueBMW

Both.  Though round 2 includes other.. umm.. procedures

The Burnin8or

Well, if I can get my hands on a TurboDuo in good shape without going through Ebay or Craigslist, then it's worth it. 

Any estimate on how long before I can sit down comfortably after round 2?   :wink:

Bernie

That serial number looks familiar....  Better hurry and buy this guys, cause if its still around in a couple weeks, its mine.....   :)

BlueBMW

Like Bernie.. Im tempted!!   But Ive already got three boxed duos.. wth am I going to do with 4 of them????

Bernie

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/23/2012, 03:43 PMLike Bernie.. Im tempted!!   But Ive already got three boxed duos.. wth am I going to do with 4 of them????
Like I said in my email last night B, we have an illness....  ugh..  But I love it.

hoobs88

Bernie, when did you drop your last name from your profile/username?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Bernie

Quote from: hoobs88 on 01/23/2012, 04:46 PMBernie, when did you drop your last name from your profile/username?
I had Aaron do it for me this past weekend.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/23/2012, 11:35 AMBoth.  Though round 2 includes other.. umm.. procedures
Yeah, you should see my pants!
END OF LINE.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: hoobs88 on 01/23/2012, 04:46 PMBernie, when did you drop your last name from your profile/username?
You can change your name?

Bernie

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 01/23/2012, 07:25 PM
You can change your name?
You have to request it.  My display name here was bernielindell.  I wanted to just change it to Bernie.  Basically drop the last name.

JapanTokei

Ope - sent you a PM.  I think I'm in.  (will convince the wife why afterwards).  US DUo boxed is something missing in my hardware collection. maybe we can swing a trade... let me know !

-Tokei

henrycsc

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/23/2012, 03:43 PMLike Bernie.. Im tempted!!   But Ive already got three boxed duos.. wth am I going to do with 4 of them????
Have your own episode of Hoarders!  :P
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BigusSchmuck

Can't be any worse than having a duo of broken duos (one of them is up for trade I might add). ^^
If only I had $350...

Bernie

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/24/2012, 12:26 PM
Can't be any worse than having a duo of broken duos (one of them is up for trade I might add). ^^
If only I had $350...
How much you asking for one of the broken ones?

csgx1

This is not sold yet?  Someone hurry up and buy this so I don't have to. :wink:

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Bernie on 01/24/2012, 12:46 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/24/2012, 12:26 PM
If only I had $350...
How much you asking for one of the broken ones?
I was looking to trade it, haven't decided on a price yet. They both power on, both have static sound and both cd drives are not operational (the laser eye looks like its stuck). I'll probably post some pics in my for trade thread.

drunkn ghost

I joined looking for a turbo booster and I find this.  :shock:

SMF

Quote from: drunkn ghost on 01/25/2012, 12:43 AMI joined looking for a turbo booster and I find this.  :shock:
Too bad you wasnt looking for a Duo  :wink:

2X4

Is this still for sale Ope?
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Opethian

currently pending payment..
IMG

2X4

let me know if it falls through.  very interested.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Opethian

now SOLD thanks for praying
IMG

Deletion

I prayed long and hard. And hopefully my prayers will be coming true later this week. 8)

Bernie

Quote from: Deletion on 01/31/2012, 11:57 AMI prayed long and hard. And hopefully my prayers will be coming true later this week. 8)
Congrats man.  Enjoy the system!  :)

The Burnin8or

Quote from: Deletion on 01/31/2012, 11:57 AMI prayed long and hard. And hopefully my prayers will be coming true later this week. 8)
Are there any particular games you are targeting to play first on it? (assuming you don't already have a system)

SMF

MAGICAL DINO TOUR IS F-ING AWESOME  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND :^o  :-"

Deletion

Thanks, Bernie. I was in high school when the Turbo Duo originally came out and couldn't afford one. In fact I've never even touched one, so this will be my first. :oops:  Do you actually have a few of them?

Quote from: Bernie on 01/31/2012, 12:13 PMCongrats man.  Enjoy the system!  :)

Deletion

I have a couple of systems so far, but I'm still relatively new to the world of TG16/PCE. In the past few months I got a TG16 and a CoreGrafx2 + CD-ROM2 combo. As for which will be the first game to be played on it, I think it'd be fitting to test the system with the Bonk 3-in-1 pack-in game. Not sure after that, but it'll probably be a shoot'em-up!

Quote from: The Burnin8or on 01/31/2012, 04:12 PMAre there any particular games you are targeting to play first on it? (assuming you don't already have a system)

Deletion

Opethian, the Turbo Duo arrived today. The packaging job was exemplary, everything is in fine shape, and the system played both Hucards and CDs without issue. And thank you very much for the free Blazing Lazers and Fly-wing arcade stick (which I've never seen before). Those were awesome bonuses and this was a great forum transaction. Thanks again :D

IMG

roflmao