PC Engine TAKE A CHANCE thread

Started by guyjin, 02/21/2012, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

/martintwin.png

This thread is for asking about PC-Engine games you're unsure about buying, and can't find enough information on. Is the game fun? how high is the moon-language barrier? is it deep, or just eye-candy? Whatever the reason, if you're unsure about a PC-Engine game, ask about it here!

I'll start:

Color Wars. I know it's a puzzle game, but that's about it - can't find gameplay videos or reviews. One website is selling it for 7 bucks, plus shipping. Should I bite?

nat

I always thought it was an urban fighting game that pit the whites against the blacks and Mexicans.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

rag-time4

Quote from: guyjin on 02/21/2012, 09:45 PMThis thread is for asking about PC-Engine games you're unsure about buying, and can't find enough information on. Is the game fun? how high is the moon-language barrier? is it deep, or just eye-candy? Whatever the reason, if you're unsure about a PC-Engine game, ask about it here!

I'll start:

Color Wars. I know it's a puzzle game, but that's about it - can't find gameplay videos or reviews. One website is selling it for 7 bucks, plus shipping. Should I bite?
Yes, by all means grab it! Then clear it and give us a full review!

BlueBMW

Henrycsc and I both love Color Wars...  its a terribly addicting othello like puzzler.  Great for multiplayer too!   Its cheap so go ahead and grab it!  Only annoying part is when the AI players whine about you taking too long.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc