RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Play Wolfenstein 3D in your browser

Started by roflmao, 05/11/2012, 01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

Vecanti

I played that last night, pretty awesome. :)  20 years!?  Man I'm getting old.

To celebrate 20 years, here's how I'm browsing the PCEFX forums these days.
http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/content.php?theme=2&music=1&url=https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php

NecroPhile

Heh, I played some of this yesterday.  I apparently suck at it now.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I played for awhile.

It's hilarious, just like always.

What happens if you go to the site in Germany?

Shits still banned there, IIRC.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

PCEngineHell

Wolfenstein 3D Director's Commentary with John Carmack. Hes going senile, thinks the Jaguar Wolf was the most enjoyable, due to controller having shoulder buttons (it never had shoulder buttons).
Web browser thing wasn't too bad, but a little jerky. At any rate, I have dedicated Dos setups that I can play the game on anyway. Really the best version is the Mac/3DO ones.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/11/2012, 02:07 PMHes going senile, thinks the Jaguar Wolf was the most enjoyable, due to controller having shoulder buttons (it never had shoulder buttons).
It did too.

IMG

You just needed the pro controller.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 05/11/2012, 02:44 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/11/2012, 02:07 PMHes going senile, thinks the Jaguar Wolf was the most enjoyable, due to controller having shoulder buttons (it never had shoulder buttons).
It did too.

IMG

You just needed the pro controller.
Lol I forgot the Pro had them. I never did own a Pro game pad. Does the Pro controller shoulder buttons actually work with Wolfenstein? I mean, Wolf was a early release title I thought. I don't remember the Pro controller coming out until a bit later, like when Fight for Life and Double Dragon V were released.

NecroPhile

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/11/2012, 04:54 PMDoes the Pro controller shoulder buttons actually work with Wolfenstein?
Maybe.  The shoulder buttons are remapped from the key pad.  Did Wolf use the key pad?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 05/11/2012, 05:00 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/11/2012, 04:54 PMDoes the Pro controller shoulder buttons actually work with Wolfenstein?
Maybe.  The shoulder buttons are remapped from the key pad.  Did Wolf use the key pad?
I think it did for weapon selection maybe. It seems like I remember the C or A button being used for strafe though on Doom and Wolf, so if the shoulder buttons only help with weapon selection, then that's not really a big deal. If you could use them for strafe that would be awesome.

Chuplayer

The Jaguar version of Wolfenstein 3D did not use the shoulder buttons on the Pro Controller to any meaningful degree. They certainly did not strafe. I have a Jag, the game, and the Pro Controller. It's still a great version of the game, though. I tried playing the browser version, and I can't stomach it.

He might have gotten the Jaguar version confused with the SNES version. I don't know if that version has shoulder strafing, but I know SNES Doom does. (Yuck.)

In fact, the Jaguar version of Doom didn't even have shoulder strafing. I don't think any Jaguar games had it. Alien vs. Predator had it on X and Z, of all places.

SuperPlay

Happy 20th birthday!

I remember this coming out when I had used to work at a computer store in the early 90's. I love the system requirements for the DOS version: 80286 class CPU, 640 KB RAM

OMG I think I am getting old LOL ;-)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/11/2012, 05:02 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/11/2012, 05:00 PM
Maybe.  The shoulder buttons are remapped from the key pad.  Did Wolf use the key pad?
I think it did for weapon selection maybe. It seems like I remember the C or A button being used for strafe though on Doom and Wolf, so if the shoulder buttons only help with weapon selection, then that's not really a big deal. If you could use them for strafe that would be awesome.
Im not sure, I just know the controller had shoulder buttons!  Never did Wolf for Jaguar.

but, carmacks a weird dude, so strange controller configurations are probably all right up his alley.

Maybe I will try it one day.    Id imagine strafing on the shoulder buttons would rule.

GohanX

Maybe he was thinking of the 3DO version, you used L and R to strafe in that one. The controls were pretty good in the game, it's my preferred method of playing Wolf 3D these days.

PCEngineHell

Yeah the 3DO version of the game was my favorite one. Great controls and the graphics and frame rate were top notch. Music was excellent too.