Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio

Started by spenoza, 05/21/2012, 12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenoza

Anyone going to be at Origins in a week and a half? It's a convention for tabletop games. It used to be the second biggest RPG convention after GenCon, but they've opened up the scope quite a bit.

Arkhan Asylum

Im probably going to drive down for the Saturday part to look for Confrontation and Cyberpunk stuff

It's really retarded that they pushed it back into May.

Last year, it blew.   The attendance was like, 1/3 what it usually is.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

Did they move it so it didn't have to compete being so close to GENCON?

This is a con I've always been super interested in checking out.  I love gaming conventions, and would like to go to more.  This year, however, it's unlikely that I'll be able to attend a whole lot.  :( 

Next year maybe?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 05/21/2012, 03:02 PMDid they move it so it didn't have to compete being so close to GENCON?

This is a con I've always been super interested in checking out.  I love gaming conventions, and would like to go to more.  This year, however, it's unlikely that I'll be able to attend a whole lot.  :( 

Next year maybe?
Nah, GenCon is in like August.   I forget why they moved it back.

I asked, was told why, and then I forgot, lol.

Ill try to find out again.   My one friend is usually running a booth there.  He knows all kinds of shit.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

spenoza

Well, one reason I've heard is to get it further away from the July 4th weekend.

I'll probably be there the whole con. I have some friends I see just about every year, and there's nothing like geeking out over board games and crazy dice.

BlueBMW

I havent been to Origins in AGES.... I was probably 12 the last time I went hehe.  I should hit one up again.  Maybe find some 18XX rail games to play in :twisted:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc