What happened to my Duo?

Started by Kan Yozakura, 12/14/2005, 11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kan Yozakura

I was playing Shapeshifter, and the CD sountracks cut out all of a sudden and wouldn't load.  The sound affects would play, and the game played alright, but no CD tracks.  I took it out and put in Lords of Thunder: same thing.  I tried every one of my Duo CD games...no CD sound.  Tried out a HuCard: all sound loads fine.  What's wrong?  Did a transistor burn out or something?  I just got this thing, and now I'm really bummed if I won't get to play LoT with music... :oops:

larsulrik

You're the billionth person to ask this.  Check this out.  https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=960

Kan Yozakura

Thank you!  Saves me a lot of money/hassle... 8)

Buster D

I just hope D-Lite can confirm that it works for the #1 problem and can start taking orders soon    :cry:

mamonohunter

This sound-problem, is it especially usual on the Pc Engine and TG-16 Duo? I never had any problems with duo-r but had a duo back in the days that the CD-sound just disappeared on.

Kan Yozakura

According to D-lite, I have a mixture of problem 1 and problem 2.  I started out with 2, but it's degenerated into 1.  Now, if I can just learn how to solder...