Neon TG-16 Gloves on eBay

Started by NecroPhile, 07/20/2012, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Linky

This is the only time I've seen 'em outside of the Turbob Gear promos.  I missed 'em (even at $33 shipped I probably would've pulled the trigger), but did someone here snag one or both pairs?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Samurai Ghost

esteban

JESUS CHRIST.

I don't understand why I don't have a pair of these.

GODDAMMIT.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

If I had those I would wear them 24/7

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/21/2012, 12:16 AMIf I had those I would wear them 24/7
All of us would.

Except for Joe Redifer and tatsujin.

They would remove the gloves before showering.

:pcgs:

PikachuWarrior

how much were they back then? $10 each?
IMG

motdelbourt

So they do exist. Back of the package says they were made in Korea, by Champion. UPC 009306084165

What else was in that catalog?

PikachuWarrior

Seems to be a lot of good gaming items that originate from South America (on ebay)
IMG

Kaijuboy

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/21/2012, 02:38 AMSeems to be a lot of good gaming items that originate from South America (on ebay)
Its all the old customs/imbargo warehouses and whatnot finally being purged/opened after all these years.  They're finding everything from old movie prints to sealed 2600 games!

Reminds me of the pallet of brand new Virtual Boys they found in the middle east several years ago.

It's like a gamers version of archeology!   :)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Kaijuboy on 07/21/2012, 10:39 AM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/21/2012, 02:38 AMSeems to be a lot of good gaming items that originate from South America (on ebay)
Its all the old customs/imbargo warehouses and whatnot finally being purged/opened after all these years.  They're finding everything from old movie prints to sealed 2600 games!

Reminds me of the pallet of brand new Virtual Boys they found in the middle east several years ago.

It's like a gamers version of archeology!   :)
Reminds me when Blockbuster decided to sell all their 3do and Virtual Boy stuff. I wish I would have picked those up when the systems were like $30 a piece..

motdelbourt

T2KFreeker

Quote from: motdelbourt on 07/21/2012, 06:49 PMI really thought this item was sold in the Turbo Gear catalog, but I don't see it there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Turbo-Grafx-16-Turbo-Gear-Catalog-Advertisement-2-Sided-4-18-INCH-/261062489106
Oh well, the gloves still rock. I wants a pair!
END OF LINE.

HercTNT

their are people on this site that have the ability to make this happen. if they so choose, they can step forward and make it possible. if they do, i will buy as well. if they dont, i understand.

Keith Courage

esteban

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/21/2012, 12:47 AMhow much were they back then? $10 each?
Dude, click on the image in my post.

Oh, hell. They were $13.99, back in the day. :pcgs:

IMG

Otaking

Bro! those gloves are like totally rad........dude!.... etc....  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TheClash603

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hizaygizirlz

I couldn't sleep last night got up, started looking around at sites and saw the hot-hot-hot pink ones, so I got the 2nd pair.  He must have found one more after that cause I see the total sold went to 3-3.  I'm optimistic he is gonna find more.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

GohanX

I want a set of TG16 orange gloves!

hizaygizirlz

Quote from: JKM on 07/23/2012, 02:21 PMI want a set of TG16 orange gloves!
That's what i wanted too.  They had some other colors, but those were sega genesis gloves.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

Arkhan Asylum

I want the pink ones. 

and the

fuck it I want all of them.  I'll get extra hands.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2012, 02:37 PMI want the pink ones. 

and the

fuck it I want all of them.  I'll get extra hands.
I want them all, too. :pcgs:

But, seriously, I'll take any color. I'm desperate.

TheClash603

I will only visit a future MGC/Turbo Fest if there are enough gloves for us all to wear them at the event.

DrBread

Where these everyday and if anyone questions them, punch them in the face.
I really like video games...

canada

Unfortnalty i was talking to seller about the yellow ones do ask for all of them and discount on shipping when they went sold... So i Ended up buying the Pink ones ! YAY.  kinda...

wilykat

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

turboswimbz

YEAH this guy is a rip off artist. He has some cool TG stuff, but he is way to highly priced.  WHen I asked him if he had the orginal power supply for a docking station base, he gave me a link to the CD unit power supply and said see you can get it for $10, why are you bothering me?

And it's not just TG stuff either, He tries to take you in on anything that's hot or sought after.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

420GOAT

I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

esteban

henrycsc

Yes Virginia.....

/gamergloves.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

SMF

I WANT THOSE ORANGE ONES.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

bartre

HOT PINK.
yes, i'd be irresistible in those.

NecroPhile

Jeez, where'd ya get those Henry?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/23/2012, 09:06 PM/gamergloves.jpg
I love how the TOTALLY UNWORTHY Batman gloves are next to the glorious TG-16 gloves :pcgs::pcgs::pcgs:

henrycsc

haha, esteban....  I put them in there ONLY cause there was a Batman game released on PCE.... so not totally unworthy.  The unworthy ones didn't make the pic.  :)

Necro, I have my sources.   :twisted:
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

esteban

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/25/2012, 12:24 AMhaha, esteban....  I put them in there ONLY cause there was a Batman game released on PCE.... so not totally unworthy.  The unworthy ones didn't make the pic.  :)

Necro, I have my sources.   :twisted:
Ha! So, there is a logic to your madness! :pcgs:

In that case, I grudgingly admit that the gloves have earned their place alongside the TG-16 beauties.

Since you have a surplus of these gloves (apparently, you shred them up and use them as mulch), feel free to lend me a pair. :pcgs: