@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.

Started by SeymorOnion, 07/22/2012, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

Bumping for all the new guys.  I plan to buy another box in the next few weeks!  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Trenton_net

I don't use Vinyl sleeves anymore personally since I can't stand the melting/color fading/damage to HuCards, etc. Now I use special plastic sleeves which are of collector/archive quality. That is, they are non-acidic, sized to fit, and won't transfer artwork/stickers/paint on HuCards to the sleeve.

jelloslug

Quote from: Trenton_net on 01/29/2014, 10:39 AMI don't use Vinyl sleeves anymore personally since I can't stand the melting/color fading/damage to HuCards, etc. Now I use special plastic sleeves which are of collector/archive quality. That is, they are non-acidic, sized to fit, and won't transfer artwork/stickers/paint on HuCards to the sleeve.
Once I learned to not store my Hucards in the oven that problem went away for me.

NecroPhile

I'm not saying it's impossible, but not one of the many hueys I own has had its labels even slightly defaced by the slip cover (originals or onion's).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Trenton_net

I've purchased many HuCards from japan, where the sleeve is stuck to the card. Pulling the sleeve apart from the card sometimes ends up pulling some of the label with it too. So I guess I should re-phrase and say It's really more about other people not Obey'ing properly. :-) After seeing that it was possible to peel off the label, I guess I figured I might as well not take the chance.

johnnykonami

I'm totally gonna buy some of these replacement sleeves.  But as for the originals, I concur that over the years they've gotten kinda tacky/sticky.  Just from sitting!  Has anyone had any success cleaning them?  I was thinking about letting them soak in soap and water but I seem to remember doing this before without much result.

blueraven

Aaron, please sticky this thread - It's the third piece to the triforce including your cases and Sparky's stickers! :D

PCEngineFX

Thread is now sticky!  The triforce is now complete!
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

SeymorOnion

Thanks for stickying this thread!

Aaron, your 3D Printed cases look awesome.  8)
I don't plan to start making Injection-Molded HuCard Cases anytime soon, and will talk to you about it, before I start to get into that.
I haven't read your Making Of thread, but am assuming you've purchased an expensive 3D Printer and/or may have already printed a lot of cases, and wouldn't want to interfere with recovering the $ you've invested into that project.  :wink:

Sorry I haven't been on the forums much, and missed the development of your 3D Printed cases, as well as a lot of other developments by other members. I got a lot of catching up to do!

As for what's up at Onion HQ:
I still have well over Ten Thousand of my HuCard Sleeves in stock. Supply is not an issue. Can also make more if/when stock gets low.
My sister is still helping out with Shipping, when she's not making fanarts of MLP: FiM stuff.  :mrgreen: Website & eBay orders are filled within 24 to 72 hours.

Still working on the detached garage remodel. All that remains to be done is:
1. The drywall. Must buy more, and put it up. Also need to mud and tape the seams.
2. Installation of the air ducts, and moving the Window AC Unit to a different location. The #10-3 240v wiring is already in place.
3. Bathroom venting/exhaust system install, Bathroom Light Fixture installation, Water Heater Install, Hot & Cold potable plumbing install.

Strange work-schedule, and oddball weather, is slowing down completion of the above, making it hard to give an estimate on when I'll be finished.

Things I can do and/or finish, after switching focus back to new product development:
1. Sewer plumbing and hookup to be installed by a pro sometime in the future.
2. Toilet, Sink, and small walk-in shower installation.
3. Lowering the level of the dirt/land around the perimeter of the Detached Garage, and installation of the rest of the roof's gutter system.

Speaking of New Product development, I'm still going to wait until I finish the Detached Garage Remodel, before picking what to make next. Going to need the additional free time of not needing to work on remodeling, in order to catch up with, and research, the current state of retro gaming projects, and availability of other retro gaming products.

blueraven

Just placed an order for a 25-pack.

Alt-Nintega

Bought a pack of these from this guy a few months ago. Great sleeves and very well made!! A+PLUS

Warbucks

Just bought a 25 pack of sleeves.. :dance:

My loose cards will be happy  8)

dl1955

Thanks for this.  I ordered a pack of 25.  NICE.

Wiggy1182

I got mine and they look awesome. Thank you!

Elder

He never did finish the HuCard Game Trays did he?

esteban

Quote from: Elder on 10/04/2015, 10:43 PMHe never did finish the HuCard Game Trays did he?
He would have to put in an order for thousands and thousands to make the price point work.

That would require a big gamble: put up a lot of money, pray the final product is good, sell thousands of cases for a niche system when it is cheaper to buy TV SPORTS Basketball.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Elder

Quote from: esteban on 10/05/2015, 08:04 PMHe would have to put in an order for thousands and thousands to make the price point work.

That would require a big gamble: put up a lot of money, pray the final product is good, sell thousands of cases for a niche system when it is cheaper to buy TV SPORTS Basketball.
That's sort of what I figured.  I never understood why he put the trays on the site though if it wasn't a realistic endeavor.  It would be extremely useful though.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Elder on 10/05/2015, 08:50 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/05/2015, 08:04 PMHe would have to put in an order for thousands and thousands to make the price point work.

That's sort of what I figured.  I never understood why he put the trays on the site though if it wasn't a realistic endeavor.  It would be extremely useful though.
I would also imagine with the new 3D printed cases available that it'd be hard sell as well.  It's an intresting piece of PCEFX history though if nothing else. We need a site historian or something (wink wink nudge nudge esty hahaha)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Sennachereb

I just placed an order. This is very exciting. I also wish for Sega CD/Saturn cases. Thanks so much for doing this.

esteban

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/05/2015, 09:01 PM
Quote from: Elder on 10/05/2015, 08:50 PM

I would also imagine with the new 3D printed cases available that it'd be hard sell as well.  It's an intresting piece of PCEFX history though if nothing else. We need a site historian or something (wink wink nudge nudge esty hahaha)
Yeah, I should write about this... :)

The 3D Printed cases are not nearly as nice looking as the ones Seymour was designing/planning.

jetfire13

Just ordered some of these. Hopefully they are still available. Looks like there hasn't been any action on this thread for a while.

jetfire13

Got these in the mail yesterday and they are absolutely perfect! A+ Would buy again lol

Thanks for everything SeymorOnion!

Jonest3

Just bought a set.  These look great!

Yodachips

Wow I didnt know about this!! Great stuff, will order in a near future!!!
16-bits are all the rage!!

Keeper69

Placed an order on 10/2, and have not received the sleeves nor had any email replies from seller. Just filed a paypal claim with PayPal.

Keeper69

Still no reply about the undelivered sleeves. Is this guy still around? Based on upon my experience, I would advise against ordering from his website. I hope PayPal gives me a refund.

esteban

^ I hope he just is super-busy IRL and forgot about all this stuff.

I went MIA for months/years at a time.

I wasn't allowed to have electronic devices in rehab.

As a recovering FEKA agent, I have had a few close calls. Some days are better than others.

Keeper69

Quote from: guest on 11/12/2016, 10:36 PMSeymour is either deceased, incarcerated, or has hit such bad times that he completely abandoned his automated eBay listing without bothering to disable it.
This was an order from his website, not eBay.

roflmao

I sent him an email on the 12th and haven't heard back from him. :(

nopepper

FWIW, I purchased a set from him back in August and everything went smooth.

Hope he is ok.

Keeper69

Still no contact. Hope others aren't in same boat as myself. Glad I only purchased $20 worth of sleeves.

dougdabandit

also purchased a 25 pack and no contact what so ever.

Magister

Do you have a picture of the HuCard Game Trays?  There doesn't seem to be one on the website.
This Space For Rent.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Magister on 01/08/2017, 11:00 AMDo you have a picture of the HuCard Game Trays?  There doesn't seem to be one on the website.
That's because they don't exist.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Magister

Quote from: guest on 01/08/2017, 11:48 AM
Quote from: Magister on 01/08/2017, 11:00 AMDo you have a picture of the HuCard Game Trays?  There doesn't seem to be one on the website.
That's because they don't exist.
Ok.  So why is there a listing and price for them?

Edit: And I looked again and see that they are still in development.  Bummer.
This Space For Rent.

dougdabandit

had to have paypal get my money back. he does not respond or send out the sleeves. i would not buy anything from him until we hear back as to what is going on.

Magister

Surprised no one on this site knows this guy personally.  Would be nice to know what has happen to him.
This Space For Rent.

bob

he's an onion in the wind.

have you ever thought the missing person may not want to be found?
for whatever reason he's not around, its clear his website and offerings are not a priority to him right now.

Magister

Quote from: gynt on 01/28/2017, 07:20 PMhe's an onion in the wind.

for whatever reason he's not around, its clear his website and offerings are not a priority to him right now.
Or it could be that he is dead.  Even if he got tired of doing everything, doesn't make much sense to just leave everything up and running for no reason.
This Space For Rent.

bob

Quote from: Magister on 01/28/2017, 08:21 PM

Even if he got tired of doing everything, doesn't make much sense to just leave everything up and running for no reason. 
why not?  i would.  again, who is to say it doesnt make sense.  his priorities are up to him.
he is just one guy making cool shit.  he doesnt owe anybody some grand "STORE IS CLOSING" announcement.
at least its through paypal so its not a hassle to get a refund.  not like hes taking money and running away with it.

Magister

Quote from: gynt on 01/28/2017, 09:37 PM

Even if he got tired of doing everything, doesn't make much sense to just leave everything up and running for no reason. 
why not?  i would.  again, who is to say it doesnt make sense.  his priorities are up to him.
he is just one guy making cool shit.  he doesnt owe anybody some grand "STORE IS CLOSING" announcement.
at least its through paypal so its not a hassle to get a refund.  not like hes taking money and running away with it.
Why not?  Actually, the question should be more of what's the point?  What would be the point of keeping everything up and running with no intention of shipping the product?  Did I say anything about him owing anyone an explanation for why he left or closed shop?  Nope.  Like I said, it seems sort of odd from reading the whole thread that this was something he was very involved in and to just up and stop all communication and leave everything up and running seems suspicious.
This Space For Rent.

esteban

Quote from: Magister on 01/28/2017, 10:26 PM
Quote from: gynt on 01/28/2017, 09:37 PM

Why not?  Actually, the question should be more of what's the point?  What would be the point of keeping everything up and running with no intention of shipping the product?  Did I say anything about him owing anyone an explanation for why he left or closed shop?  Nope.  Like I said, it seems sort of odd from reading the whole thread that this was something he was very involved in and to just up and stop all communication and leave everything up and running seems suspicious.
As you know, real life can pose many challenges.

You don't have to literally die to become totally consumed with major issue(s).

My gut tells me that something bad happened to Seymour Onion, so I totally understand how you feel. I share the sentiment.

However, to feel better I prefer to spin this positively: SeymourOnion has been working as a Buddhist farmhand. He couldn't be happier. Just the other day he successfully milked a pregnant mare.

:)

kallisti5

I don't see any Obituaries in Texas for him based on the name on his Twitter profile.
His ebay profile says he lives in Pearland which is near me.

https://twitter.com/SeymorOnion

However, all of his eBay reviews show him going MIA.  All feedback since Jan 2017 are  "no communication, no item shippment, etc"

So yeah, he's in the wind for now.

Magister

Well, since this is a dead end for now.  Are there any sleeves out there that would work as a replacement?
This Space For Rent.

bob

member SeymorOnion here used to have them for sale.  you can try contacting him.

Magister

Quote from: gynt on 02/06/2017, 07:07 PMmember SeymorOnion here used to have them for sale.  you can try contacting him.
](*,)
This Space For Rent.

esteban

I hope we see more of him at these forums in the near future.

sirhcman

I was on his website today and noticed this update from February (he seems to be very much alive)

QuoteNew Order Hiatus   
Friday, February 17'th, 2017 @ 12:00 PM CST.

All New Orders are being temporarially suspended. In other words, I've removed the pages that let you place an order, and have taken
 down my eBay Listings.

I have a Huge Backlog of orders, that are being filled ASAP. I don't know how long it's going to take, and it wouldn't be right to continue
 accepting new orders, until I finish dealing with all of the pre-existing orders.

In the meantime, you can check with the websites listed below, to see if they still have any of my HuCard Sleeves in stock.

~ Chris

esteban

Thank you for the update.

I should have bought sleeves when I had a chance. I always assumed they would be available.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 04/25/2017, 09:21 PMThank you for the update.

I should have bought sleeves when I had a chance. I always assumed they would be available.
You can still buy them if you click the link to his website and check the other stores that carry them.
IMG