@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The TG16/PCE good deal thread

Started by BigusSchmuck, 07/23/2012, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VestCunt

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/17/2012, 11:49 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 11/17/2012, 11:14 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/380509610592?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Someone got a good deal indeed.
That seller must have a case of them, they seem to list one every month.  They usually go for about the same price.
Yeah, that's been a $10 game, new or used, for ages. I bought a dirt cheap new copy in 2005.
Topic Adjourned.

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 11/17/2012, 07:31 PMYeah, that's been a $10 game, new or used, for ages. I bought a dirt cheap new copy in 2005.
I can't think of one other game with such a large price difference between TG and PCE versions. Even the PCE version of MC is pricey.

sirhcman

Quote from: jperryss on 11/17/2012, 07:48 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/17/2012, 07:31 PMYeah, that's been a $10 game, new or used, for ages. I bought a dirt cheap new copy in 2005.
I can't think of one other game with such a large price difference between TG and PCE versions. Even the PCE version of MC is pricey.
Dungeon Explorer II had a pretty vast difference

jperryss

This guy has been trickling out some decent deals on loose PCE hueys and CD games.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/choijustin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Quote from: guest on 11/17/2012, 07:52 PMDungeon Explorer II had a pretty vast difference
True, but not $400-500 difference....yet, anyway.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 11/17/2012, 07:52 PMDungeon Explorer II had a pretty vas deferens
Never heard one described as "pretty" before...  :-"

sirhcman

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/18/2012, 10:47 AMNever heard one described as "pretty" before...  :-"
I used it as an adverb not an adjective :)

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 11/18/2012, 11:02 AM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/18/2012, 10:47 AMNever heard one described as "pretty" before...  :-"
LOL. Hahahahaha.  I think you better go back and look how he changed your quote.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

sirhcman

Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/18/2012, 12:31 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/18/2012, 11:02 AM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/18/2012, 10:47 AMNever heard one described as "pretty" before...  :-"
LOL. Hahahahaha.  I think you better go back and look how he changed your quote. 
LOL I didn't even notice it! xD

roflmao

Quote from: jperryss on 11/18/2012, 09:24 AMThis guy has been trickling out some decent deals on loose PCE hueys and CD games.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/choijustin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
Thanks!  I just picked up Mr. Heli from him. :)

DildoKKKobold

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

PCEngineHell

Prob not the greatest deal, but since its not like a ton of these are floating around to buy anyway, here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160926292136?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

FiftyQuid

Is that the PCE version or the US?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PCEngineHell

The one I linked to is a US copy. I cant say the same for the stuff listed on Amazon, though I suspect they are all Japanese copies on there.

futureman2000

I bought Cadash on Amazon last year and got a US copy. I noticed that the manual insert cover looked odd- turned out that whoever owned it had cut out the cover of the box so that it would fit into the jewel case. Then manual was in fine shape too, so I'm not sure why this was done.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 11/25/2012, 12:25 PMIs that the PCE version or the US?
Looks like the PCE version. I did manage to snag a turbo copy from Amazon last year complete minus the cardboard box for 20ish. Amazon is really a crap shoot, but sometimes they do offer better deals than ebay.

DildoKKKobold

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

jperryss

JohnnyPhantom

I just traded my Loose copy of CalyFighter Sculpters Cut for N64 That was in pretty good shape for 2 TurboExpresses (both in pretty good shape, need caps replaced, and has battery covers and wrist straps), Impossimole and Bomberman. Good deal?

JohnnyPhantom

bartre

Quote from: JohnnyPhantom on 12/03/2012, 09:51 AMI just traded my Loose copy of CalyFighter Sculpters Cut for N64 That was in pretty good shape for 2 TurboExpresses (both in pretty good shape, need caps replaced, and has battery covers and wrist straps), Impossimole and Bomberman. Good deal?
wait, what?
that happens?
god, why is N64 stuff supposedly worth stuff now?

JohnnyPhantom

Quote from: bartre on 12/03/2012, 10:06 AM
Quote from: JohnnyPhantom on 12/03/2012, 09:51 AMI just traded my Loose copy of CalyFighter Sculpters Cut for N64 That was in pretty good shape for 2 TurboExpresses (both in pretty good shape, need caps replaced, and has battery covers and wrist straps), Impossimole and Bomberman. Good deal?
wait, what?
that happens?
god, why is N64 stuff supposedly worth stuff now?
as far as I can tell, its just the rental exclusive stuff thats picking up in value. Clayfighter SC I found as a mistake for $5 (the value of the normal one) and traded it for all that stuff. its worth around $150ish give or take

bartre

loose?
no, just no nononononononono.
god dammit.
I haven't paid attention to a lot of N64 games (i got all the expensive ones a year or more ago)
but it seems like they're all going up by crazy amounts.
i mean, god damn, i'm seeing people paying $70 for Conker's!
it's not even rare, really.

but damn, that's a good deal for you!

JohnnyPhantom

Quote from: bartre on 12/03/2012, 10:46 AMloose?
no, just no nononononononono.
god dammit.
I haven't paid attention to a lot of N64 games (i got all the expensive ones a year or more ago)
but it seems like they're all going up by crazy amounts.
i mean, god damn, i'm seeing people paying $70 for Conker's!
it's not even rare, really.

but damn, that's a good deal for you!
Selling all my N64 stuff now, thats how it works for me, I'll treasure a collection and swear I'll never sell, but once I sell the keystone of the collection (Clayfighter SC in this case) the rest is good to go. http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=90575 I hunted down a lot of the rarer stuff as well. Now I'll keep some games for myself (like my Conkers and Harvest moon which I have had since launch day, and kept them CIB and in very good shape ^-^)

but anyway, back on topic ^-^ glad to see someone agrees it wasn't a bad trade, was a lil nervous about doing it, but decided I'd get more fun out of a TurboExpress than Clayfighter (which isn't that great of a game)

MotherGunner

Excellent deal Johnny.  I would take one of those TE's off your hands if you wish.  =)

I just picked up a loosie PCE Batman from China for ~$13 shipped!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

JohnnyPhantom

Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/03/2012, 12:49 PMExcellent deal Johnny.  I would take one of those TE's off your hands if you wish.  =)

I just picked up a loosie PCE Batman from China for ~$13 shipped!
Nice!! I think Batman is my next game to find. On my two Expresses, I'm gonna repair them both, keep one stock and do the LCD + AV out mod on the other. I'll be sending it to thesteve for that. Now not sure if I want to do a 3.5" LCD in it or find a good 2.5" screen to keep it looking original... hmm.....

MotherGunner

There is just something so sexy about a stock TE.  I think I will get another one and have it upgraded with a 2.5 LCD.
-MG

JohnnyPhantom

Quote from: guest on 11/30/2012, 06:17 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutopia-TurboGrafx-16-1989-Turbo-Grafx-Tested-/160932618064?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item257854df50

better than the 35ish its been going for.
Won and paid for it yesterday, and its in my hand today! It's awesome shipping speeds when you win eBay auctions in the same state as yours

MotherGunner

Seriously?  Since when did Neutopia go Chew Man Fu on us?
-MG

VestCunt

It didn't. This is a DildoKKKobold "good deal". Neutopia is still $25 CIC and much less loose.
Topic Adjourned.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: VestCunt on 12/04/2012, 05:53 PMIt didn't. This is a DildoKKKobold "good deal". Neutopia is still $25 CIC and much less loose.
Good luck finding it for that price. You can pull prices out of your ass all day long, but if no one is ACTUALLY selling for that, what good is it?
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: White Supremacist DildoKKKobold on 12/05/2012, 01:36 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/04/2012, 05:53 PMIt didn't. This is a DildoKKKobold "good deal". Neutopia is still $25 CIC and much less loose.
Good luck finding it for that price. You can pull prices out of your ass all day long, but if no one is ACTUALLY selling for that, what good is it?
O RLY?

Even on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutopia-TurboGrafx-16-1989-Tested-/150949366647?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2325488b77

Plus MULTIPLE recent listings for right around $30 (many shipped) with game/case/manual...one for $39 complete with box also.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Bernie

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 12/05/2012, 01:36 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/04/2012, 05:53 PMIt didn't. This is a DildoKKKobold "good deal". Neutopia is still $25 CIC and much less loose.
Dude....what is your deal?  :(

DildoKKKobold

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

RoyVegas

This auction went up as a bid auction originally.  It was at $2.00 when I saw it first within minutes of going up.  Then in a couple more minutes it jumped up to over $100 and was for some reason pulled.  Next thing I see in the completed auctions was this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURBO-GRAFX-TURBO-DUO-52-GAME-LOT-/221165229078?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337e799416&nma=true&si=0YTAvYp0P4UNKVY6XXyBo7lgDXY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

My guess is someone messaged him right after it went up and offered the $350 via buy it now and the seller did it.

Anyone here happen to get this good deal/steal?
All is well. :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/11/2012, 06:07 PMThis auction went up as a bid auction originally.  It was at $2.00 when I saw it first within minutes of going up.  Then in a couple more minutes it jumped up to over $100 and was for some reason pulled.  Next thing I see in the completed auctions was this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURBO-GRAFX-TURBO-DUO-52-GAME-LOT-/221165229078?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337e799416&nma=true&si=0YTAvYp0P4UNKVY6XXyBo7lgDXY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

My guess is someone messaged him right after it went up and offered the $350 via buy it now and the seller did it.

That is a decent deal.  I didn't manage to get it.  Couldn't have even if I had noticed it.  $350 this time of year on games doesn't really sit well with me or my wife.

What's up with that Knight Rider game?  Is it a good game of just cashing in on the brand?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bartre

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 12/11/2012, 07:48 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/11/2012, 06:07 PMThis auction went up as a bid auction originally.  It was at $2.00 when I saw it first within minutes of going up.  Then in a couple more minutes it jumped up to over $100 and was for some reason pulled.  Next thing I see in the completed auctions was this:

That is a decent deal.  I didn't manage to get it.  Couldn't have even if I had noticed it.  $350 this time of year on games doesn't really sit well with me or my wife.

What's up with that Knight Rider game?  Is it a good game of just cashing in on the brand?
ever played taito chase HQ?
it's pretty much the same.
so it's good, but nothing new, basically

RoyVegas

I think I see what happened with it now.  It was first put up as an auction with a $350 Buy it Now.  Someone threw a bid on it to knock off the buy it now price.  From there the auction was pulled and put back up with a $350 buy it now and someone bought it.  Lucky........  Still wonder if anyone here got it.
All is well. :)

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/12/2012, 12:26 PM

I think I see what happened with it now.  It was first put up as an auction with a $350 Buy it Now.  Someone threw a bid on it to knock off the buy it now price.  From there the auction was pulled and put back up with a $350 buy it now and someone bought it.  Lucky........  Still wonder if anyone here got it.
Given the ~7500 feedback of the buyer, it is most likely a reseller, and we will see all the items again, marked up.

Dayum, I wish I had gotten that one.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

jperryss

CGQuarterly

PCEngineHell

The way he described it, it does not sound like the condition is all that great on it. Sounds like someone did a botched buffing job on it.

csgx1

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 12/11/2012, 07:48 PM

$350 is a steal considering the last couple of ebay auctions on Dungeon Explorer 2 alone go for that much. A shame I didn't catch it neither. I would have bought it and raffled off my loose Dungeon Explorer 2 and Winds of Thunder.

Bernie

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 12/14/2012, 12:31 PMThe way he described it, it does not sound like the condition is all that great on it. Sounds like someone did a botched buffing job on it.
I picked it up.  :)  Gonna take it to my local PlaynTrade to have it cleaned up in one of their machines.

BigusSchmuck

CGQuarterly

DildoKKKobold

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG