10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Name the last movie you've seen in theatres!

Started by PikachuWarrior, 07/27/2012, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilykat

They made it without Arnold.  The other 2 movies (Conan and Terminator:Salvation) that was done without Arnold stinks. Haven't seen new Total Recall yet but to me it'd probably stink as well.

blueraven

The Batman Movie with the Joker in it.

TheClash603

Saw Expendables 2 last night.  I enjoyed it quite a bit and was really surprised by how well JCVD was in the flick.

Go in without back hair, leave with plenty.  And your dick will grow.  Trust me.

Colossus1574

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/18/2012, 01:45 PMSaw Expendables 2 last night.  I enjoyed it quite a bit and was really surprised by how well JCVD was in the flick.

Go in without back hair, leave with plenty.  And your dick will grow.  Trust me.
NICE! I'm going to go watch it in 2.5 hrs with my group of 80s-90s action-flick afficiados...i'm sure it's not gonna disappoint, Clash!
And ya, so far it seems like JCVD's career is gonna get the most boost out of this movie, i've been seeing him in alot of interviews lately.

_Paul

Watched Dredd (in 3D) last night. Thankfully, it washed the stains of the Stallone version away quite nicely. It's very violent and very dark and gritty - the low budget meant that there was not much opportunity to show the scope of the Dredd universe, but also meant that it did not suffer from overuse of CG effects to create soulless action sequences. Fans of Robocop or Watchmen will like it, and hopefully it makes enough to expand itself into future stories.

RegalSin

The last film I remember, to watching was KillBill volume 2, at least the last film, in which I paid for, out of my own pockets.

The last last film I even went to, was Pirates of the Caribbean.
( Pirates of the West Indies ). It was so bad, I had a headache after the film. I was so unhappy, but I went with family members.

The last film I wanted to go to, was Grindhouse ( that long name ) but instead I never did. I saw the film finally and it was great, until they mentioned Terrorism, and brought it to the 21th century. I have the same negative feelings about "Kill Bill 2" , when they called the guy a pedophile just for having sex with a young woman. They could have said, "He had one weakness, he like the ladies young". I sweat Tarantino was paid off, just for that one line. I bet they changed the line in the Japanese version as well. Seriously ??? After that movie, I really wanted to see his "Hero" but I was thinking in the back of my skull, about KB2. KB2 sucked just for that one line, alone.

Quote from: wilykat on 08/16/2012, 05:36 PMThey made it without Arnold.  The other 2 movies (Conan and Terminator:Salvation) that was done without Arnold stinks. Haven't seen new Total Recall yet but to me it'd probably stink as well.
Conan should have had that Muscle kid. You know little Hercules?
Little Hercules was sappose to be the next Conan. Total recall already sucks because they are not even hinting at the Mars landscape or world, So I am guessing they switched things around. The actor looks like some sorta joke, brought out of retirement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sandrak#Career

That is what I am waiting for. It would have been perfect, for little Hercules, to take the place of Arnie, in the media.

Running Man, and Demolition Man pretty much sums up how media is today. Everything is banned, and we are buying into junk.

At home I watched the Rise of the planet of the Apes, I have not finished watching that film at all. I am interested to watch Ceasers
rise to power. It was actually looking good, but they reused the scene where Ceaser was climbing up the tree, when he released his fellow apes. Basically in the film, they extracted a virus from Ceaser, had inside of him, and tested it on other Apes. ( So the Apes never evolved ). Some of the scenes in the film is auwsome, like the father, or when Ceaser almost got killed by a neighbor. I love the  Planet of the Apes.
I have not seen the remake of the original film (  all I know is the main character sleeps with the blonde ape girl, who they dressed up to look like a woman ).
IMGIMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: RegalSin on 09/08/2012, 08:23 AMI have the same negative feelings about "Kill Bill 2" , when they called the guy a pedophile just for having sex with a young woman.
Eleven year old girl ≠ woman.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I saw the new pidermang.

It was surprisingly good.   Peter wasn't a crybaby waste of oxygen, and Emma Stone is pretty hot.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Drakon

The dark knight rises.  He rose.  Honestly I wish he had died with that a-bomb blast that would have been a cooler ending.
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

RegalSin

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2012, 09:49 AM
Quote from: RegalSin on 09/08/2012, 08:23 AMI have the same negative feelings about "Kill Bill 2" , when they called the guy a pedophile just for having sex with a young woman.
But the way they said it was tasteless, and derogatory, towards men and just men alone. Why use such a controversial terminology,
that just killed the entire film. It is like I am living a backwards paranoid,
world.
IMGIMG

NightWolve

Quote from: RegalSin on 09/10/2012, 12:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/10/2012, 09:49 AM
But the way they said it was tasteless, and derogatory, towards men and just men alone. Why use such a controversial terminology, that just killed the entire film. It is like I am living a backwards paranoid, world.
Ah man, he's more of a troll these days than not... 17 ignores and counting, wow! I guess I don't blame people. He's running out of any redeeming qualities.

Moron, if you're referring to the Kill Bill animation where the origin of Lucy Liu's character is revealed, her first kill, Maztumoto, a ruthless Yakuza Boss, he wasn't somehow randomly called a pedophile where there was lack of certainty, he was written as one!!! And her character using this fact seduced him for the chance at revenge! Do you get the difference or no ? He simply was one, how else are you supposed to state it ? And CLEARLY you missed the part about her being 11 years old (2 years after her parents were slaughtered) when she was on top of him on his bed driving a sword through him... That looked like a "young woman" to you or were you genuinely trolling this time ?

Funny you bring something up like this when you've got a "pedo cloud" of sorts hanging over you after telling us about a supposed raid the police did of your home (I just kept downloading and downloading and downloading...)... Your apparent inability to distinguish between a young girl from a young woman (let alone READ or HEAR) explains a lot on why that may have supposedly happened, I guess, although your whole narrative could be all troll intentional bullshit... We'll never know for sure, other than the obvious that there's something very wrong with you...

Also, seems you don't like the way Uma narrates the story, "Luckily for her, Boss Maztumoto was....a pedophile..." and you think it somehow casts a bad light or generalizes all men when the particular character in question was a "ruthless" Yakuza Boss that killed her parents ??? That kinda sounds like what you're saying there... Poor Yakuzas, hey, maybe in Japan they took offense and protested that this part of the story generalizes them as pedophiles, eh ?? Formed a group even, Yakuzas Against Defamation, or YAD, to combat these kinds of negative stereotypes/generalizations that movies put out, eh ?? ;)

8bitForLife

im seen a bunch of films but the one that stands out was Abraham lincoln vampire hunter was just all kinds of fun.

And with the kill bill talk i just want to say
IMG
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

NightWolve

Eh sorry, Regal's been particularly more irritating than usual as of late. Plus I've lost a lot of restraint lately, what with the whole XRay deal (he's been defending that guy too and his white supremacy)...

8bitForLife

ya one comment he made towards me kind of was hostile but i tossed it off. Anyways thread is going off track.
IMG
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

Colossus1574

Bourne Legacy 2 weeks ago.
I thought it was not bad, action took awhile to startup which i can understand cause their starting up another trilogy i guess.
Renner can pull off the action, Weisz is nice to look at  :-"
I did like how it wasn't all about him being paranoid and looking over his shoulder like the previous Bournes.

NightWolve

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/15/2012, 08:27 PMI saw Total Recall the night it came out for some god awful reason.

Hopefully the Expendables 2 gets that bad taste out of my mouth this weekend!

IMG
I also made the mistake of seeing Total Recall the day after Expendables 2. I thought to myself, what the hell, I loved the original, they made it for me in mind as far as demographic reasoning goes and Arkhan mentioned it was "surprisingly good." What I didn't know was that most reviewers thought it was a "Total Letdown" and they were actually right! Hehe! It's been described as 'soulless', 'repetitive' and 'humourless' - I'm inclined to agree, after seeing it, I dunno why they bothered making it. All the charisma, fun, excitement, etc. from the original was just gone and while they made the story more plausible, I found myself just not caring all that much about the characters. The jokes trashing it are endless:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/aug/25/total-recall-remake-forget-it
QuoteThe new-look Total Recall is more of a walk down memory lane than an update of the 1990 original. John Patterson is already trying to erase it from his mind
"Despite loads of action and some cool sci-fi eye candy, this rehash of the campy 1990 classic seems thoroughly unnecessary." or "Soulless, bombastic and numbingly repetitive, Total Recall is easy to forget within a few hours of watching," writes USA Today's Claudia Puig. That's exactly how I felt after leaving the theater, minus $5 bucks and whatever gas was spent getting there/returning.

On Expendables 2 which I saw on the opening weekend, I thought it was an improvement on the first one, but that it could've been a whole lot better. It's too bad they didn't get a better action director given the all star cast that was put together. This is what I wrote about it in my facebook account:

QuoteSo I saw Expendables 2 over the weekend, wanted to make sure my ticket was counted to show support, in spirit, to Sylvester Stallone's idea of bringing all the action stars of the 80's and some modern ones (like Jason Statham) into one mega-action blockbuster type of movie! A fine idea, though I just wish he could've gotten a "King of action movies" producer like Joel Silver (e.g. Predator, Commando, Matrix Trilogy, Demolition Man, etc.) to work with him and James Cameron (T2, Avatar, Aliens, Titanic, etc.) in the director's chair to make the best out of such an effort! I'm sure he tried, no doubt.

So who did direct it? A Simon West known for "Con Air", "Tomb Raider" and "The Generals' Daughter" and not much else that I care for. I think he did a better job than Sylvester Stallone would've done (who directed the first one), but while this movie is respectable enough, I think it had a lot more potential and deserved better having put this kind of cast together!

It's good that Jason Statham returned, he's a solid action star with charisma AND acting lessons! A few of the older actors suffered from stiff deliveries of their lines/jokes and you could tell... Chuck Norris stood out in that dept (your typical problem with martial arts guys transitioning to acting), especially with his joke about the snake that bit 'im and so did Sly... Heh. Poor Auhnold, he got a much longer role this time and they had him use the "I'll be back" one-liner at least like 3 times with a different variation to it! So yeah, stiff deliveries, lots of cheese, but eh, it was a noble effort overall and a decent edition to the action movie genre. Lots of explosions, lots of bad guys dying, your usual predictable formula...

Anyhow, I give it a thumbs up for the effort. It was much better than the first one at the very least. Also, it was quite magnanimous of Sly to give a straight-to-video failure like Jean Claude Van "Damaged" a shot at another big-budget US action movie. Apparently, he tried to get him to work on the first one too right along with Dolph Lundgren, but he turned the offer down, the dope that he is! Funny thing, I think that if I was a teen, I wouldn't have any complaints about the movie. I can see how I used to let a lot of stuff slide in my 80's action movies that when I look at them now, I cringe... Well, that's my 2 cents on it: It's a decent action flick, but it should've gotten heavy hitters in the producer/director chairs to have made the best use of such an opportunity given the cast that was brought together for it!
EDIT: Thought I'd mention a rental of Jean Claude Van Damme's new movie, "6 Bullets" and that I'd recommend it! Not bad, just don't EVER rent his last Universal Soldier movie, that wasn't even worth the dollar I spent on it!

A thought: You know how we have a "What are you watching on youtube?" ongoing thread? Would anyone besides myself care for a more general "Movie Picks" thread to post about the latest movie you saw, enjoyed and would recommend ? Worth it or no ?

esteban

nightwolve: if Search is successful, you might be able to unearth one of several old threads where we offered "reviews" of films. Any film/any format...so it would encompass new and old stuff.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Saw Resident Evil last night in IMAX 3D.

The RE movies keep getting better and better.  There is literally not a span of more than 10 minutes where something cool doesn't happen.  Are they terribly written with crap plots?  Sure they are...  but is the action ridiculous and fun?  Absolutely!

The new RE is the film Sucker Punch wanted to be.

RegalSin

QuoteThe RE movies keep getting better and better.
One time, in real life I mentioned the Resident Evil, Videogames and time line.
They said "oh you mean the Cartoon". That is the typical of person that likes the
Resdient Evil movies. I mean seriously, for the love of gosh, seriously.
IMGIMG

NightWolve

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/15/2012, 04:07 PMThe RE movies keep getting better and better. 
Are you messing with our minds here? Did you leave "Resident Evil: Afterlife" out of this, cause I kinda think that you did! ;)

First was great, 2nd one so-so, 3rd so-so as well (Nice to see they gave Johnny Cage a role from the original Mortal Kombat movie though), but the 4th was just terrible. I don't think anything has been better than the first one, but I haven't seen this new one, Retribution.

Hm, "Sucker Punch" - I expected something awesome given it was the "Watchmen" and "300" director Zack Snyder, but that movie was definitely not as advertised... Speaking of that director, he's doing the next Superman remake, "Man of Steel". Hope he does it justice!

Colossus1574

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/14/2012, 05:34 PM

On Expendables 2 which I saw on the opening weekend, I thought it was an improvement on the first one, but that it could've been a whole lot better. It's too bad they didn't get a better action director given the all star cast that was put together. This is what I wrote about it in my facebook account:

EDIT: Thought I'd mention a rental of Jean Claude Van Damme's new movie, "6 Bullets" and that I'd recommend it! Not bad, just don't EVER rent his last Universal Soldier movie, that wasn't even worth the dollar I spent on it!

A thought: You know how we have a "What are you watching on youtube?" ongoing thread? Would anyone besides myself care for a more general "Movie Picks" thread to post about the latest movie you saw, enjoyed and would recommend ? Worth it or no ?
I'd be down with that thread...i'm more a movie (theater, dvd, blu's) watcher then YouTube watcher anyways (gasp!)

And Wolf, good review on Ex2, I didn't mind the director so much...but I found the final fight against JCVD could'e been longer. Like after they fell down to the bottom floor to fight, Van Damme was perfectly fine for the 2nd round then...BAM, it's over cause JC brought a knife to a chain fight  ](*,). It had potential to be a huge brawlfest and it wasn't like the running time was too long or anything, dunno why they cut it so short. Also...casting wise, i wish they asked Michelle Yeoh  =P~ who still looks GREAT to play the female part instead of whats her name...

And finally, i'm gonna admit i'm a big JCVD nut so i'm totaly biased but, i was super happy to see the guy back on the big screen as lately he's really worked on his acting. the film JCVD is a classic example, but I also recommend Until Death which came out 2007. You can see in in interviews, he's really matured and has turned over a new leaf from his druggy days...

TheClash603

Rewatch those RE movies.  The first one is painfully slow and features a security system as the main enemy which is lame.  First one is almost painful to watch IMO, and the rest are mindless bliss.

"SSSSTTAARRRSSS"

NightWolve

Well, I think I liked the first one the best, but the 4th, really, it seemed like Paul Anderson didn't have much of a budget; I thought it was a straight-to-video release too. I'll watch the new one when it comes out on video, I don't trust the franchise anymore to actually go to the theater for it.

Paul still holds the title for best videogame-to-movie adaptation with "Mortal Kombat" and the guy has done some other great movies like "Solider" (Kurt Russell), and "Event Horizon" (Horror movie in space which ranked as one of the scariest movies I ever saw for a time in my book), etc. His "AVP: Alien vs. Predator" was pretty decent, I bought that on BluRay and actually "Mortal Kombat" came out on BluRay recently as well so I picked that up - seen it way too much already (Lui Kang versus Reptile, one of the best fight scenes EVER, except for the scissor kick deal, that was lame-looking but true to the videogame. Reptile got robbed if you ask me! Hehe! All that hyper-speed, ass-kicking he lays down on Kang, and yet he still loses!), but why not once more in HighDef! ;)

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 09/15/2012, 06:07 PMAnd Wolf, good review on Ex2, I didn't mind the director so much...but I found the final fight against JCVD could'e been longer. Like after they fell down to the bottom floor to fight, Van Damme was perfectly fine for the 2nd round then...BAM, it's over cause JC brought a knife to a chain fight  ](*,). It had potential to be a huge brawlfest and it wasn't like the running time was too long or anything, dunno why they cut it so short.
Yup, it was way too short, and his name was too cheesy/uninspired, you know? "Vilain" who is the main bad guy or villain? And the first movie, the island where all the bad guys were on was called... Vilena... Coincidence? I dunno... But definitely villain to Vilain wasn't one. The other cheesy thing was using the theme from "The Good, the Bad, the Ugly" as Chuck Norris' theme... Hehe!!! I'm glad they gave Norris a shot, but he needed some more takes; his lines/jokes were coming off way too stiff but that's always been a problem for him.

QuoteAlso...casting wise, i wish they asked Michelle Yeoh  =P~ who still looks GREAT to play the female part instead of whats her name...
She would've been alright too, but I liked the chick that they chose well enough. Never seen her before, but she was good.

QuoteAnd finally, i'm gonna admit i'm a big JCVD nut so i'm totaly biased but, i was super happy to see the guy back on the big screen as lately he's really worked on his acting. the film JCVD is a classic example, but I also recommend Until Death which came out 2007. You can see in in interviews, he's really matured and has turned over a new leaf from his druggy days...
Yeah, I bought JCVD too... I'm still a fan, even though I make fun of him at times. "Wake of Death" was another great straight-to-video release he did a couple of years back, dunno if you saw it. It actually had an uncensored torture scene with a drill, the whole deal, you get the idea.... They really went to work on the guy to get the information and by the end of it after he sings like a canary, they put him out of his misery... I mean, it was raw, bloody, merciless and they showed you every minute of it practically. I was surprised that scene was allowed, in such detail, to remain in the movie.

Ah yeah, I've seen Until Death as well. That was a while ago, I rented it... Pretty good, I would recommend that one too.

SMF

Just seen Resident Evil with my 13 year old and let me just say im glad we seen it NOT in 3D. Besides the bullets flying ala the Matrix 3D i didnt seen much.

I do think its a big improvement over the others in the series.

Resident Evil 1 to me they wanted to build the suspense kinda like the original video game. But after everyone knew what to expect from the games they decided to make it more action horror. Good series not great but deff has some memorial moments.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch