@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

How many own the real versions of Zenki/Zeroigar

Started by tpivette, 08/05/2012, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpivette

Since the PC-FX seems to deal rather well with burns, I'd imagine many of its owners would rather own burned copies of some of the more expensive titles rather than shelling out the bucks for the actual games.

So how many of you guys actually own liscensed copies of Zenki or Zeroigar (or some of the other $100+ titles such as Tokimeki Card Paradise, etc)?
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Tatsujin

I do. And just as for any other games out there, I also do not see any justifiable points here in owning a burned copy over the real deal.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

$500 or so in cost might justify burns for some...

And the eventual (is it done?) English translation of zeroigar might encourage more people to copy rather than own.

Personally Id like to get originals of both someday
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

No originals of 'em for me, but perhaps one day I'll will.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Yamazaki

I own a legit copy of Zenki.

The way i got it is rather funny though.

When I was living in Japan back in 2005 I went to Sofmap in Osaka Den Den Town and found the game with a wrong price etiquette which read 2000Yen instead of 20.000.

So I just grabbed it, went to the cashier and bought the game without the guy realizing that the etiquette was wrong.

Quite some bargain :)

wilykat

That would be like $20 USD?  Quite a steal. (pun intended)

td741

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mishran

I had the chance to play Zeroigar at the MGC this year and it's awesome. It's definitely on my list of must have games for the system.

tpivette

To those who own the real deal, I envy you. I doubt my wife would let me spend $200-$300 on a single game. She threw a fit at my purchase of Dracula X... and that was only $80!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Bernie

Quote from: tpivette on 08/07/2012, 07:32 PMTo those who own the real deal, I envy you. I doubt my wife would let me spend $200-$300 on a single game. She threw a fit at my purchase of Dracula X... and that was only $80!
You MUST regain control!!!  lol.  No seriously, I have bought some pricey games, hitting the 250 dollar mark, BUT they are few, AND my wife knows way ahead of time so I can plan/put away for it.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!    :)

Yamazaki

I am actually a neo geo aes collector - so I am quite used to crazy pricings.

PC-FX games don't strike me as expensive therefore (although it is of course still madness to pay these prices :) )

tpivette

Quote from: Bernie on 08/07/2012, 08:34 PM
Quote from: tpivette on 08/07/2012, 07:32 PMTo those who own the real deal, I envy you. I doubt my wife would let me spend $200-$300 on a single game. She threw a fit at my purchase of Dracula X... and that was only $80!
You MUST regain control!!!  lol.  No seriously, I have bought some pricey games, hitting the 250 dollar mark, BUT they are few, AND my wife knows way ahead of time so I can plan/put away for it.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!    :)
Haha, I'd like to think I am in control! I must be doing something right, as I just purchased the PC-FX lot on here, plus a 2nd TV for my gameroom. Those kind of pricey purchases shes OK with, cause theyre pricey by nature. She, I guess, just can't seem to comprehend that certain video games go for big money as well

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Yamazaki

Thats why I have a separate back account which I use for my shopping purposes.

I spend like 1000$ on a single cartridge - something that my wife doesnt need to know about ;)

Arkhan Asylum

Next time your wife buys some 80$ girlyclothes, throw a fit.

Dracula X is cooler than some dumbass designer shirts/jeans!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

tpivette

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2012, 02:09 PMDracula X is cooler than some dumbass designer shirts/jeans!
Agreed! She doesnt see it that way, though.

I think I'm gonna start putting away $25 or so each paycheck for one of these 2 titles... should be able to afford one of them in about 2 - 3 months. Now... which one should come first?

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

NecroPhile

Which type of game do you enjoy more, and do you have anyone else that'll play with you?  If you prefer shewties, go for Zerogier; if you like beat 'em ups and/or wanna play two player, get Zenki.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

tpivette

Sounds like Zenki would be my first choice then. However, theres only the one on ebay thats been around for a few weeks (probably longer than that), and its listed at $350 BIN. I have a feeling thats not the "norm", otherwise it should have sold by now. Whats the generally accepted price for that game?

Something tells me it goes up for sale on here about as often as Magical Chase...

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

BlueBMW

A while back Yamazaki had a copy for sale but I cant recall how much for or if he sold it.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Yamazaki

I withdrew it from my sale :)

I am back trying to build up a nice PC-FX collection and Zenki shouldnt be missing in it :)

tpivette

Quote from: Yamazaki on 08/10/2012, 11:06 AMI withdrew it from my sale :)

I am back trying to build up a nice PC-FX collection and Zenki shouldnt be missing in it :)
Awww. come on...

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Aggie Tsubi

I own both, yeah. I would never pay the going rate buying them individually, though. I hate having to spend more than a game's original MSRP, and I doubly hate spending $100+ unless I'm importing some fancy limited edition or something. The only reason I was able to get these was because I got them within a PC-FX lot that came with the system and bunch of other games and stuff. Splitting the price I paid among everything, it was a very good deal.

kazekirifx

DJLobo

I have Zenki. Fun game, but don't overpay for it.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

VeteranOtaku

Good to see another Neo Geo fan. I too collect AES carts and no stranger to high prices. I own original mint copies of Zenki FX and Zeroiger w/spine. I've dreamed of owning this system for years, only recently have I made this dream a reality.

Arkhan Asylum

I own Zeroigar every time I play it!

FUCK YEAH.  MASTER OF POWER METAL SHOOTING.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!