10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

WINNER CHOSEN!!! - RAFFLE! - Street Fighter II loosie

Started by Bardoly, 09/04/2012, 02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardoly

DISCLAIMER:  THIS IS BARDOLY'S SECOND RAFFLE EVER ON ANY WEBSITE, SO IF HE OFFENDS ANYONE BY HIS GIVING FREE STUFF AWAY WITH A FEW FUN BONUS TICKET STIPULATIONS, PLEASE BEAR WITH HIM!!!  IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE FOR HIM TO GIVE AWAY THINGS FOR FREE, THEN HE WILL SIMPLY RELEGATE HIS FUTURE OFFERINGS TO HIS FS/FT/FO THREAD.

Well, in the spirit of cheerfulness and respect for Bernie's awesomeness for raffling off Order of the Griffon, I'm raffling off a good condition loosie Street Fighter II.

I just recently picked up a complete copy, so I was deciding what to do with my now extra loosie, when I saw Bernie's raffle, and I decided to go ahead and contribute a second time by way of raffle to this community.  (Hopefully this time without the drama...   8-[  )

The game will come in a plastic slip cover.  I will cover all costs, unless an international member wins, in which case, I'll expect him to help out a little with the shipping.

I'm still having difficulties figuring out how to get my Box.com uploaded pictures embedded, so for now, you'll have to click on the links.   :(
The game is in the bottom right corner of the pictures.

https://www.box.com/s/182307accc779353da51
https://www.box.com/s/db74b3b1399b0da836f5

Raffle Rules:

1.  There must be at least 5 entrants, or the Raffle entry period will be extended by one week.
2.  Raffle entry period ends at midnight Central Standard Time on Tuesday, September 11, 2012.  (But if I'm feeling extra generous and/or haven't had the time to pick the winner until later, then I may accept later entries if I feel like it.  (Depending on how busy work is, I may not be able to mail it out for up to a week later or so.)
3.  There is a 42 post count minimum by raffle entry close time, of which if I see what appear to be spam posts to get post count up or if such is reported to me, then entrant may be disqualified.
     (Why 42?  Because the domino game "42" is my favorite non-video-game game.)
4.  *Bonus entries!!!*  You may receive extra 'raffle tickets' for any and/or all of the following:
     a. Anyone who promises to raffle off something/anything useful within the next month if they win this raffle.  (Kudos to those who give back.)
     b. Anyone who has more than 1,000 posts at the time that I finalize the raffle entries.  (See rule 3 about spam posts.)  -  (Kudos to all of the long-timers.)
     c. Anyone here who worked on the recent release, "Mysterious Song" and mentions it in their raffle sign-up post.  (Thanks guys for working hard on this, and keep up the good work!)
     d. Anyone here who beats/finishes any Turbo-related game during the period of this raffle and posts up a screen shot of their win/finishing in this thread.  (Kudos to OBEYers.)  Please, no simply pulling up a save game near the end of a game and 'finishing' the game again.
     g. Anyone who posts, "Terrorists deserve to die!" or "Never forget!"  (In remembrance of 9/11.)
5.  For each bonus 'raffle ticket' you gain, I will enter your name 1 additional time in the drawing.
6.  Anyone who jumped all over my case during my first raffle is welcome to join, but I would greatly appreciate an apology for sending me to the back of the bus.   :wink:
7.  If 10 or more people sign up for this raffle, then I will draw a second name after the first (after removing all of the first winner's entries), and that person will receive his choice of one of my other loosie HuCard games - If he already has every loosie that I have, then I will go down the list until I find another winner.

Good luck!

*Bonus entries are just that, BONUS!  Everyone with a post count of 42 or higher is welcome to join this raffle with a chance of winning.  Bonus entries simply give some people a slightly better chance of winning.

Winner chosen on page 2.

Bardoly

Entrant list for Street Fighter II raffle.

1. CPTRAVE
 2. CPTRAVE (bonus ticket for remembering 9/11
 3. CPTRAVE (bonus ticket for completing a game)
 4. turboswimbz
 5. turboswimbz (bonus ticket for remembering 9/11)
 6. MotherGunner
 7. MotherGunner (bonus ticket for having 1,000+ posts)
 8. Mother Gunner (bonus ticket for remembering 9/11)
 9. Nando
10. Nando (bonus ticket for having 1,000+ posts)
11. Nando (bonus ticket for remembering 9/11)
12. meka

CPTRAVE

Street Fighter I have been wanting that game. Sign me up Please

9/11, still remember what I was doing when that happened. I was working at the airport, when all of a sudden on my computer screen every flight showed cancelled. Then every agent called back for a Emergency meeting and told what was going on and what we had to do. Basically evacuate everyone from the airport. People were crying left and right. Those people who did not know what was going on I had to explain the situation. Oh and those poeple waiting for arrivals, had to tell them "We do not know when they will be arriving and where they are" the computers systems were not being updated, too much going on.

c0ldb33r

Don't enter me - I've already got it, but thanks for the raffle! good work :)
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

turboswimbz

I'll Enter into this one.

Seriously though bonus or not
9/11 Never forget.

I was a freshman in high school in NJ.  One heck Very stressful time, many a local person worked in the towers.  by 1 pm, the local schools had only 40% of students left in class.

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Bardoly

Yeah, I was a college student, and when I got to class after working early that morning, about halfway through class, someone came in and told the teacher, and then he told us.

List updated.

CPTRAVE

Hey finished Legendary Axe, love this game. 1 Extra Ticket please

IMG

MotherGunner

Sure why not, sign me up.

I was 9 days out of the U.S. Army Infantry but still on terminal leave from Active Duty.  I remember calling my platoon sergeant and asking him when I could come back.  I watched the local news of SFO where some Guard Units started to begin patrols all over the Airport as Flight 93 was missing.  I saw the second plane hit live and my wife and I just stood there.  Powerless and angry.  To this day I get so enraged when I see the footage.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Emerald Rocker

Hey CPTRAVE, thanks for posting the giant Legendary Axe pic.  Flare is so hot.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Firebomber7

9/11? You mean that day that the US government attacked its own citizens?
IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

Nando

Quote from: Firebomber7 on 09/10/2012, 08:38 AM9/11? You mean that day that the US government attacked its own citizens?
:shock:

8-[

I'm down for the raffle and political/speculative stuff aside, never forget those that died and those that helped.

MotherGunner

:?  Jesus H Christ.  Talk about totally derailing the spirit of this thread.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Firebomber7

IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

Bardoly

meka

CPTRAVE

Bardoly

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 09/12/2012, 05:42 AMRaffle, Raffle, Raffle,  :D...
We now have 5 entrants, so this raffle is now closed.
I will be drawing shortly...

Bardoly

...And we have a winner!

CPTRAVE is the winner!

Please PM me your shipping address and I'll send it out.

meka

CPTRAVE

Yes, yes, I can't beleive it, I won..I won  :dance:

I always wanted SFII

Thanks everyone.

Nando

CPTRAVE