RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

GamesofJapan/US Gaming attempted to rip me off. (NOT Game of Japan / Hit Japan)

Started by Flare65, 09/06/2012, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flare65

Well I've always wanted a Supergraphix with all the games.  Some of you may remember this particular auction on ebay over a month ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300746531580?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It didn't get any bids and the auction ended, just how you see it.  I asked the seller if he would be willing to take a little less for it.  I only had $380.00 and after a little negotiation back and forth, he agreed to take $380.00 for everything in the auction.  Almost sounded too good to be true.  It was.

He sent me an invoice through PayPal requesting $380.00.  I paypaled it to him and he sent me some tracking info right away.  However nothing shipped for a week.  During that time he offered me a Turbo Express and a few games.  Nothin fancy or highly collectable.  I am in the market for an Express, but its way down on my list of things to buy.  We agreed upon a price and he sent me an invoice again through PayPal.  I told him I would buy it, but we need to wrap up our first Supergraphix transaction first and I added that the tracking number for the package still didn't show that it shipped.

The next day there was some activity on the tracking number.  The package had shipped.  It made its way to me over four days.  When it arrived, something just felt odd about the box.  It was poorly wrapped and didn't feel about the right weight for a game system and games.  I think the pictures speak for themselves....

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

The guy sent me a box of rocks!  I was scammed.  I immediately opened a dispute with paypal.  Long story short, I got my money back after THREE weeks.  During that time they had emailed the seller numerous times trying to get his side of the story, but he never responded for some reason.  I got lucky.

NecroPhile

Note that this is GamesofJapan and not Game of Japan / Hit Japan.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but there's a reason that most people won't deals with eBay sellers outside of eBay, especially sellers with pretty much no history.  Look on the bright side - at least you got a good story to tell.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

Holy Crap the subject line completely threw me off.  Flare, PLEASE put a disclaimer at the very top with what NecroPhile just said.  Glad you recovered your hard-earned cash. =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Flare65

GamesofJapan is his account on ebay (see ebay link in my original post).  I'll update the subject line as requested.

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

Flare65

Quote from: guest on 09/06/2012, 04:56 PMNote that this is GamesofJapan and not Game of Japan / Hit Japan.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but there's a reason that most people won't deals with eBay sellers outside of eBay, especially sellers with pretty much no history.  Look on the bright side - at least you got a good story to tell.  :lol:
Getting my money back was the important part!

RegalSin

Got rocks.......now throw them at the US tanks. Look out it is rock power, go Aladdin.

Good to hear, I am still dealing with my dispute after buying a white Amiga CD32.
IMGIMG

sirhcman

WOW what a piece of shit! Thanks for letting us know who the ebayer was - karma will certainly come back to bite him!

MotherGunner

Quote from: RegalSin on 09/06/2012, 05:34 PMGot rocks.......now throw them at the US tanks. Look out it is rock power, go Aladdin.

Good to hear, I am still dealing with my dispute after buying a white Amiga CD32.
IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

VestCunt

Wow. I can't believe he actually sent you a box of rocks. Millennials usually cough up BS stories or take a passive approach by simply not responding to claims. But a box of rocks... that's a pretty old-school "fuck you". It seems like a scammer with brains could think of something a little more discrete that might give some hope of keeping the stolen money.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your ordeal, glad you got your cash back.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/06/2012, 04:56 PMthere's a reason that most people won't deal with eBay sellers outside of eBay
Yep. For one, it violates ebay policy and they have all kinds of warnings about it. Not that I have some kind of corporate loyalty to ebay and making sure they get every penny of their fees, but strangers who are comfortable with clandestine arrangements and violating policies are much more likely to be scammers.
Topic Adjourned.

ElSeven

this is really messed up, glad to hear that you got ur money back!

USA Gaming Products
631 North Stephanie St #395
Henderson NV 89014

hmm..... :evil: :twisted:
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

sirhcman

Quote from: ElSeven on 09/06/2012, 07:01 PMthis is really messed up, glad to hear that you got ur money back!

USA Gaming Products
631 North Stephanie St #395
Henderson NV 89014

hmm..... :evil: :twisted:
That address is a Fedex Office Print & Ship Center...

jperryss

TheClash603

Wow, that is pretty crazy.  I remember a few Christmases ago some bum was selling "DVD" players around town for $20.  It was just an empty box with rocks inside.  Bum did it a few times and then someone beat his ass.

We need to bring that Buffalo, NY justice to GamesofJapan

PCEngineHell

You should contact ebay via phone and let them know he violated their seller policy about working a deal outside of ebay via their message system since he used it to scam you so they can add a note to his account or kick him or whatever.

csgx1

Damn, that's pretty screwed up!  Most people that scam usually don't send a box of rocks.  They just give the run around and make excuses just to buy time. 

Glad to hear it worked out in the end for you and you got your money back.

TR0N

Now that is just freaky,though it's a good thing paypal did refund you.This scammer really needs to be reported to the authority's asap.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Arkhan Asylum

Notify paypal that he sent the package with a bum address (Technically, the return address doesn't even need to exist, so he didn't do anything "wrong" there.).   See if you can get the real address from them or eBay.

Once you find out where hes located, rocks + roadtrip = <3
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Sorry to hear about this! This seller needs to be repeatedly beaten with a plastic bag *Full* of wet mice.

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 09/07/2012, 09:41 PMSorry to hear about this! This seller needs to be repeatedly beaten with a plastic bag *Full* of wet mice.
poor mice.
make it atari 5200 carts.

Tatsujin

use the received stones, so they will have at least some purpose.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: bartre on 09/07/2012, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/07/2012, 09:41 PMSorry to hear about this! This seller needs to be repeatedly beaten with a plastic bag *Full* of wet mice.
poor mice.
make it atari 5200 carts.
Nah, tell ya' what I'm gonna do!  I know this place in the desert, it's absolutely FILLED with E.T. cartridges!
IMG

grimm

Wow.. im stunned.. Im glad you got your money back, even if it took longer than it shouldve, considering the guy sent you rocks and just not a botched order!

TR0N

I think Flare65 should take those rocks and stoned that scammer to death  :wink: :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

RegalSin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&view=all&item=200784105460&tid=0&ssPageName=ADME:X:CPSBR:US:1123

So my refund got cleared. I mean, seriously rocks? That is that like the ultimate double wammie, back hand slap a person could get in the mail.
Rocks? I mean omgsh, and this seller was ducting out.

Nowadays we videogames folks are being targeted, because the world knows we use our monies for game products, and they neglect our intelligence.

One time this woman sent her husband, powder. He thought it was a deadly virus, and was meant to scare him. She got taken to jail.
IMGIMG

Firebomber7

IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

Keith Courage

That's messed up. I'm surprised he went through the trouble of sending you a box of rocks. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to just keep the money and not send anything if it was a scam?

jperryss

Quote from: Keith Courage on 09/08/2012, 07:48 PMThat's messed up. I'm surprised he went through the trouble of sending you a box of rocks. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to just keep the money and not send anything if it was a scam?
As a seller the tracking number is proof that you shipped "something".

turboswimbz

Quote from: jperryss on 09/08/2012, 09:43 PM
Quote from: Keith Courage on 09/08/2012, 07:48 PMThat's messed up. I'm surprised he went through the trouble of sending you a box of rocks. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to just keep the money and not send anything if it was a scam?
As a seller the tracking number is proof that you shipped "something".
Yes, But then why not reply to the Paypal claim and say the buyer was making up the rock thing???  My guess would be that this is because it is very risky, as paypal could open a mail fraud claim upon you. when they looked into it they would find that addresses don't match up. So I ask why do it in the first place?  Still makes no sense to me.  There seems no way for this to work out with paypal involved.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Tatsujin

So this guy is located in the US? Is it so hard to track down his adress?
He sure had to be tarred and feathered for this scam.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RegalSin

I hate giving advice because I know some scammer is reading my words.

Usually ebay wants you to talk it out with the seller, first.

Go through ebay, customer support. Item not sent. You could even call ebay, of course ebay customer support sucks balls, so call paypal, tell them what happend, they will send you to the Secret Service AKA claims department. Explain, and they will send you to ebay, with all your notes, recorded. Ebay will then talk with you, and then if all goes well they will send you to another person, who should be able to issue you a refund.

However ebay strongly advise you to talk it out with the seller.
I could say "The seller never sent me item. They literally sent a pile of rocks" I am requesting a full refund. I see the hard part about that.

Again in my case I went into the internet webpage, instead of calling.
By going though the internet webpage, you are carrying out the standard recover process, of negotiating.

In this case it was. Item was never sent. Not Item as not described.
I hate the website process, but getting a response from the seller, in which they will refund you is better then not getting a response. However you have to make the call.

It is your problem, so you have to make the call. Go through ebay or
call paypal, and then they transfer you to ebay. Keep in mind I went through the standard wait three days, for seller to respond with ebay.

The flat fact is the heat is going to be on the seller, to pay back the funds, and case will be closed. I hope everything goes well.

I am sorry, I am so sorry, that you had to get rocks in the mail.
IMGIMG

8bitForLife

wow thats fucked glad you got your money back. WOuld of been funny if he sent you a non working xbox or something lol
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

Keith Courage

I wonder if the return address was his or if it was just some random address that he just used. If it was his I'd mail him back an envelope containing a piece of paper with a giant middle finger drawn on it.

8bitForLife

Quote from: Keith Courage on 09/10/2012, 04:07 AMI wonder if the return address was his or if it was just some random address that he just used. If it was his I'd mail him back an envelope containing a piece of paper with a giant middle finger drawn on it. 
or anthrax or herpes in powder form
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

RegalSin

Under law mailing back any powder, to scare people is a form of threat and the MIB will surely come through your door. With magazines, a special powder is used to keep the pages from sticking together, but I do not know if they still use it. Once again scaring people ( as the woman did to her ex ) is illegal.
IMGIMG

wilykat

Send a package containing a few rocks via UPS or FedEx (always expensive but they always charge an arm and a leg on custom to receiving party) and mark it as valuable collectible stuff declared at $1,000.

The person would have to eat taxes on it only to find... collectible rocks.

RegalSin

You shouldn't send anything back. That was just rude, and would be a waste of time.

One time I brought a bootlegged VHS tape, ( It was a Hentai ) from a seller in the local mall. All of their Videos looks high grade but are really, cop-offs. They sell mostly martial art stuff. So I came home with the tape ready to watch Mido and her horny sister, take on the skima,
world. When suddenly a fly came out. I scream, and push the damn thing back, but guess what? they fly kept on flying into me, it was looking for a fight, so I boxed that thing, and it kept on landing on me, or ramming into me. I even knocked it down a couple of times, but the thing would not die. I trapped it, somewhere it was still after me. Then I think I manage to get it outside, but the damn thing came back in, another entrance. That would be hell funny, to drop
an angry fly, in a box. I do not know what type of fly it was, maybe a horsefly. That thing would not die.

I keep thinking about it. To catch roaches, all I have to do is leave a box open. Then I wrap it with wrapping paper and mail it off.  Ode to joy that would bring, if somebody would open that box. Trap 200 roaches in a box, and they will be screaming, and fling that thing across the room. Once again cruel jokes might be against the law.

Maybe a blow up woman, that blows up, and it has some official Spencer itch powder in the crotch area, in case the person decide to use it. Make sure they can't see the itch powder inside the crotch.

Ahhh man, what a terrible person I would be. Next thing you know the MIB would be back, and say "RegalSin, why are we back here again"
IMGIMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: wilykat on 09/14/2012, 01:17 AMSend a package containing a few rocks via UPS or FedEx (always expensive but they always charge an arm and a leg on custom to receiving party) and mark it as valuable collectible stuff declared at $1,000.

paint dicks all over the rocks.

Or just buy a giant rubber dick and tie two heavy ass rocks to it to form the sack.

So they can pay tons of customs fees for a giant rubberdick and balls.

JUSTICE IS SERVED.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Flare65

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2012, 10:09 AM
Quote from: wilykat on 09/14/2012, 01:17 AMSend a package containing a few rocks via UPS or FedEx (always expensive but they always charge an arm and a leg on custom to receiving party) and mark it as valuable collectible stuff declared at $1,000.

Or just buy a giant rubber dick and tie two heavy ass rocks to it to form the sack.

JUSTICE IS SERVED.
Well, look at it this way.  I got my money back, which was the ultimate goal once I found the rocks.  What I don't understand is why he didn't respond back to PayPal during the dispute (not that i wanted him to).  they must have sent him 20+ emails asking him for his side of the story and he never responded.  He spent some money to mail rocks to me, and in the end he is the one who lost out.  Not only money, but time.  Standing in line at the post office is never fun.

esteban

Quote from: Flare65 on 09/14/2012, 08:03 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/14/2012, 10:09 AM

JUSTICE IS SERVED.
Well, look at it this way.  I got my money back, which was the ultimate goal once I found the rocks.  What I don't understand is why he didn't respond back to PayPal during the dispute (not that i wanted him to).  they must have sent him 20+ emails asking him for his side of the story and he never responded.  He spent some money to mail rocks to me, and in the end he is the one who lost out.  Not only money, but time.  Standing in line at the post office is never fun.
MY SPECULATION:

(1) It doesn't make sense for someone to send rocks, UNLESS...
(2) A second (or third) party is scamming the seller and you (the buyer).

SO...

(1) Seller, to second party (say, an employee or scamming acquaintance), "Do me a favor pack this item for me."
(2) Second party, "Sure, I can do that."
(3) Second party wants to keep item (SuperGrafx?) for him/her-self. Or, wants to sabotage seller.
(4) Put rocks to simulate weight of say...SuperGrafx.
(5) Seller "sees" and "feels" a legitimate item to be shipped?
(6) ???

I KNOW THIS SPECULATION STILL FAILS TO EXPLAIN how utterly retarded the real-life events are.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG