Good price for Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire?

Started by hashiriya1, 09/18/2012, 01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashiriya1

I am in Japan right now on business and when I stopped by a used game shop in Yamagata today and I saw a copy for sale for 19,800 yen (about $250). I have seen this game before here in Japan, but for a lot more. I don't know how much this goes for back in America. I assume the eBay prices are severely gouged so I don't trust to use that as a reference.

What do you guys think? Heh, the funny thing is the PSP version here is 10 percent of this price.

Thanks in advance.

IMG

PunkCryborg

make sure to read this closely if you decide to buy a sapphire http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/sapcomp1.html
I believe there's a new batch thats a little harder to identify  so it's getting to the point where you only know you have a real one if you bought it new.....

Arkhan Asylum

A good price?

Free.

then go to kinkos and make all the art and shit.

I need a manual though.    Aren't there PDFs of that floating around?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/18/2012, 01:54 PMmake sure to read this closely if you decide to buy a sapphire http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/sapcomp1.html
I believe there's a new batch thats a little harder to identify  so it's getting to the point where you only know you have a real one if you bought it new.....
You mean a new batch past the care4data boots?  I wouldn't mind having one...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

meka

http://sapphire.anime4ever.de/ are selling reprints of the game, and they say that: Even today you'll run a 50% chance of buying one of the "alternative" prints when shopping in Tokyo after this game.

hashiriya1

Quote from: meka on 09/18/2012, 05:45 PMhttp://sapphire.anime4ever.de/ are selling reprints of the game, and they say that: Even today you'll run a 50% chance of buying one of the "alternative" prints when shopping in Tokyo after this game.
Well, if it helps, this isn't in Tokyo. It's in a small game shop in a little town called Tendo in the mountainous countryside of Yamagata Prefecture.

I didn't know reprints of this game existed let alone them being so rampant. Perhaps I'll pass.

SuperDeadite

To this day I have only seen ONE fake sapphire in a real shop here.  And it was part of Trader's old "parade of fakes" display.  Now Yahoo Japan is another story completely.  Anyway for the real shops, 25,000 is the normal price for a minty cibbler copy.  The pictured one has no spiner, hence the lower price.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

kazekirifx

I'd say 19,800 is a decent price for a Sapphire without a spine card. Chances are it's real, but check it anyway.

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/18/2012, 01:54 PM...you only know you have a real one if you bought it new.....
The fakes come new and sealed I believe, so probably the other way around. Find a new one and it's likely to be a booty.

MotherGunner

So this 3rd batch from Anime4Ever are CDR and NOT pressed correct?  (I know he still carries pressed loosies)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Frank_fjs

Tatsujin

Buying an opened w/o a spine is probably as save as buying a fakeler sealed.
Or did that pirate man improve the seal stripe at his latest batch of shameful robbery?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: kazekirifx on 09/18/2012, 09:29 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/18/2012, 01:54 PM...you only know you have a real one if you bought it new.....
The fakes come new and sealed I believe, so probably the other way around. Find a new one and it's likely to be a booty.
He meant if you bought one in the 1990's.

I've held off from commenting yet, before I have a chance to look at both fakes again. But the photo in the initial post looks legit. The fakes are noticeably fake in person and have poor print quality and color.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

kazekirifx

Quote from: guest on 09/19/2012, 10:38 AMI've held off from commenting yet, before I have a chance to look at both fakes again. But the photo in the initial post looks legit. The fakes are noticeably fake in person and have poor print quality and color.
Yeah. If you know what to look for, you can probably confirm whether it's legit or not at the store, as long as they take it out of the showcase and let you examine it before committing to buy.