RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

New from pcengine-fx.com - TurboTV Intro Archive!

Started by PCEngineFX, 01/31/2006, 06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

As of Jan 31st, you can now enjoy watching USA CD-ROM2 & SuperCD game intros in our new feature, "The TurboTV Intro Archive"!  To give the intros a larger audience and better viewing experience, youtube.com is currently hosting and streaming the videos and more will be added during the week.  If you enjoy the videos, please feel free to leave a comment and rating in each video....I always love to read what you have to say.

Thread will be updated as more videos become available.

Added Jan 31st (AM)

Lords of Thunder
Valis II
Valis III
Dungeon Explorer II
Dragon Slayer
Exile: Wicked Phenomenon
Ys I & II
Ys III
Added Jan 31st (PM)

Shape Shifter
Gate of Thunder
Riot Zone
Godzilla
Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest
Beyond Shadowgate
Cotton
Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

akamichi

Hey cool!!  Even though I have a few of those games already, it's nice to see some intros of games I haven't had a chance to check out.  I don't have many TG-16 games, but definitely looking forward to more intros!

BTW, that was the first time seeing LoT's intro.  I never realized it was so... speechless.  I mean... how do you know what's going on without the narration!?  I was expecting some cheesy English dubbing ala Last Alert. :)

PCEngineFX

Just added 8 more videos (original post edited with new video links).  Need to take a break now as I was up till 4AM capturing, editing and uploading all of these!

Oh, and akamichi, you should check out the Sega CD intro of Lords of Thunder...that intro has narration.  Personally, I like it without narration so that you can listen to the rocking soundtrack :)
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

akamichi

Quote from: "Pcenginefx"Oh, and akamichi, you should check out the Sega CD intro of Lords of Thunder...that intro has narration.  Personally, I like it without narration so that you can listen to the rocking soundtrack :)

Cool.  I'll have to check it out.  Let me know if you put up the LoT Sega CD intro for comparison! :P

Maybe I should put more intros on my page...  The 3x3 Eyes intro is getting lonely. heheh.  Haven't had time to do much lately.  Work sux.  :(

esteban

Aaron, those intros are great.

Also, I think there are many folks, outside of the TG-16 / PCE universe, who would never have a chance to see this sort of thing. Well, I don't know how many people fit into this category, but there must be a bunch of them.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

You are right Steve - as I was uploading the intros, I must have had a dozen views within the first hour and I'm sure those views were either just random views or someone just doing a video game search as I didn't advertise them yet.  Plus being put on youtube.com, the intros are pretty much out there for viewing to the "mass market" so to speak.

I also wanted to make another TurboTV feature, called the "TurboTV Cinema Archive".  Those videos would not only show the intro to the game, but all of the cinemas as well.  So far I have Valis II done, but youtube.com won't accept any video over 100MB in size and with all of the Valis II cinemas, the video comes to 200MB.  I could reduce the video in quality, however as with everything I do, I won't sacrifice quality just to get it online....we will see (I shudder to think how large the video to Cosmic Fantasy 2 would be...!)
IMG

PCEngineFX

I just finished uploading the SegaCD intro to Lords of Thunder....take a look.
I personally hate the narration in this version.  If the narration dialogue was written better, maybe it would work, but he says the names of the characters too much.
IMG

TR0N

Nice that's the frist time i've seen the, Bonks 3 intro =D>
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: "Pcenginefx"You are right Steve - as I was uploading the intros, I must have had a dozen views within the first hour and I'm sure those views were either just random views or someone just doing a video game search as I didn't advertise them yet.  Plus being put on youtube.com, the intros are pretty much out there for viewing to the "mass market" so to speak.

I also wanted to make another TurboTV feature, called the "TurboTV Cinema Archive".  Those videos would not only show the intro to the game, but all of the cinemas as well.  So far I have Valis II done, but youtube.com won't accept any video over 100MB in size and with all of the Valis II cinemas, the video comes to 200MB.  I could reduce the video in quality, however as with everything I do, I won't sacrifice quality just to get it online....we will see (I shudder to think how large the video to Cosmic Fantasy 2 would be...!)
I know this isn't the best solution, but the Cinema Archive for some titles could be split into, say, two or three files. You label them "Volume I, II & III" and make it clear in their descriptions that each segment is part of a larger whole. You won't have to sacrifice video quality, and folks who are really interested will definitely take the time to see all the videos.

My $0.02, for what they're worth :).

Random musings: I think that there are a lot of reasons to explain why folks will be interested in the intros... for example, folks who are fans of a particular game (or franchise) will be intrigued by installments on platforms that they don't have access to. So, fans of Lucas Arts games will dig LOOM on TG-CD. Fans of Shadow of the Beast / Amiga might be curious about the cinemas in the SCD version.

Unless someone is searching specifically for TG-16 / DUO / PCE videos, they must be searching by game title, I reckon (????). OK, that's it. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG