My RGB modded White PC Engine

Started by Todd Gill, 10/26/2012, 11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Gill

Picked up a White PC Engine yesterday. Got it for free as it was supposedly dead. Replaced the fuse and all is well once again. Cleaned up pretty nicely too. No major yellowing.

RGB modded it this evening.

IMG

IMG

Same basic formula as my RGB modded TG16:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13244.0

Built the amp board substantially smaller (maybe half the size of the one in my TG16). Layed down some of the larger caps to make sure there was room to close the cover.

Just like the TG16, has Composite video, RGB and Stereo audio on the 8 pin mini din.

HercTNT

this is really cool stuff. nice work.

Frank_fjs

Bernie

Is it possible to have the component jacks added to the rear of the system, or any of the NEC systems that it?  All the RGB stuff requires certain hookups and all.  It would be cool to just be able to plug in component cables.  I know this is technically different than the RGB mod, but for me it would be the next best thing.

NightWolve

Quote from: Bernie on 10/27/2012, 03:24 AMIs it possible to have the component jacks added to the rear of the system, or any of the NEC systems that it?  All the RGB stuff requires certain hookups and all.  It would be cool to just be able to plug in component cables.  I know this is technically different than the RGB mod, but for me it would be the next best thing. 
Uh, hello ?? ;)

Bernie

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/27/2012, 03:33 AM
Quote from: Bernie on 10/27/2012, 03:24 AMIs it possible to have the component jacks added to the rear of the system, or any of the NEC systems that it?  All the RGB stuff requires certain hookups and all.  It would be cool to just be able to plug in component cables.  I know this is technically different than the RGB mod, but for me it would be the next best thing. 
Uh, hello ?? ;)
I want that done on my next Duo!!

Drakon

https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

PCEngineHell

Very nice work. Good and clean. On the foam padding below the breadboard to prevent shit from touching, if you want, you can try coating the bottom of the board with a few coats of Plasti Dip or Liquid Tape instead after you are sure its working.

Todd Gill

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/27/2012, 11:23 AMVery nice work. Good and clean. On the foam padding below the breadboard to prevent shit from touching, if you want, you can try coating the bottom of the board with a few coats of Plasti Dip or Liquid Tape instead after you are sure its working.
Good tip.

However the foam tape is there to keep the board from moving around. On the bottom of the perf board I hot glued on a thin piece of transparent plastic to keep it from touching anything.

:)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: broken on 10/27/2012, 03:57 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/27/2012, 11:23 AMVery nice work. Good and clean. On the foam padding below the breadboard to prevent shit from touching, if you want, you can try coating the bottom of the board with a few coats of Plasti Dip or Liquid Tape instead after you are sure its working.
Good tip.

However the foam tape is there to keep the board from moving around. On the bottom of the perf board I hot glued on a thin piece of transparent plastic to keep it from touching anything.

:)
Good move. Also nice that you kept the wiring short and tidy.