The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

PC-FX Society

Started by Filler, 11/01/2012, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filler

So I was doing a search on YouTube for PC-FX videos and I ran across this channel/site "ThePCFXSociety" http://pcfxsociety.blogspot.com/ The YouTube videos are promising. Not just intro videos like 90% of them, but some actual gameplay. However, in all honesty the blog site looks like web 2.0 style attempt at a affiliate or advertizing site. It features one of my video reviews in the blog section, and a link to PCEngineFX, and PC-FX Tome of Obey. It claims an official magazine is coming?

I don't necessarily think these things are bad per-se. It's the internet and these things are out there for the public to see and link-to/embed as they see fit. Heck, the more eyes on PC-FX stuff the better. Who knows, maybe it will create more PC-FX fans. It just seems a little...deceptive? What do you guys think? Anyone know the folks behind this?

Aggie Tsubi

Pretty interesting, but, yeah, if they're hosting content by others without asking permission, that's bad form.

thesteve

he said link
it depends on how it was done

Filler

I just checked with a Google search. The text of the Ruruli Ra Rura "review" is lifted from MobyGames. The Team Innocent gameplay post's text is copied from Play-Asia. :(

thesteve

but is credit given?

JoshTurboTrollX

Not to be confused by the PCEFX community on Facebook.. lol

http://www.facebook.com/PCEFX?ref=ts&fref=ts

I follow the pcfx society on blogger, pretty interesting.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

FiftyQuid

Is credit given?  Either way, I'm glad you posted these links.  I am wanting to join the "society" so the more info I can get the better.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NecroPhile

The PC-FX can use all the love it can get, but not if it's by taking from others without permission or proper credit.  The Team Innocent and Megami Tengoku II reviews were culled from Moby Games (no credit given), the Team Innocent walk through is from gamefaqs (again no credit given), and the Ruruli Ra Rura and Battle Heat reviews were done by Missa for Windy's PC Engine Fan (they at least mention her name, but they don't credit the blog).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 11/02/2012, 11:04 AMThe PC-FX can use all the love it can get, but not if it's by taking from others without permission or proper credit.  The Team Innocent and Megami Tengoku II reviews were culled from Moby Games (no credit given), the Team Innocent walk through is from gamefaqs (again no credit given), and the Ruruli Ra Rura and Battle Heat reviews were done by Missa for Windy's PC Engine Fan (they at least mention her name, but they don't credit the blog).
Maybe the blog is Missa's?  It'd be good to see her back online again.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 11/02/2012, 11:04 AMThe PC-FX can use all the love it can get, but not if it's by taking from others without permission or proper credit.  The Team Innocent and Megami Tengoku II reviews were culled from Moby Games (no credit given), the Team Innocent walk through is from gamefaqs (again no credit given), and the Ruruli Ra Rura and Battle Heat reviews were done by Missa for Windy's PC Engine Fan (they at least mention her name, but they don't credit the blog).
Actually, yes- there is a "source" link on the bottom of the Ruruli Ra Rura review that goes here - http://pcenginefan.blogspot.com/2008/09/ruruli-ra-rura-pc-fx-by-missafx.html

Arkhan Asylum

Dang, maybe I should have finished PCFXTOO before this thing popped up.

Fuckin, too many projects, not enough time.

Do we know who is behind the PCFX society, anyway ?

I see some of the PCEFX dudes like them on Facebook.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/02/2012, 11:11 AMActually, yes- there is a "source" link on the bottom of the Ruruli Ra Rura review that goes here - http://pcenginefan.blogspot.com/2008/09/ruruli-ra-rura-pc-fx-by-missafx.html
Ah, I missed that - I blame the low contrast green text and my old peepers.  There's a similar link for Battle Heat and the Team Innocent walk through as well, but nothing for the Moby Games sourced stuff.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Filler

Interesting now that you point out those source links. Also my videos are basically automatically sourced since you can just click on them to go to YouTube which goes to my account. Seems a little less shady, though there is the text culled from Moby still. That might come back to bite them since Google does have policies on duplicate content, they may get flagged in search rankings. You need to be careful with stuff like that.

Thinking about it though, it seems this person probably has a genuine love for the PC-FX. I guess I'm just hoping to see some decent original content. If I find out that the videos they are posting to YouTube are not their own I'll be pretty disgusted.

Arkhan Asylum

Should I still continue with the PCFXTOO then, or do we think this dude's going to cover erythang?

With that in mind, does anyone else here who currently has more time to PCFX OBEY than me want to offer up any stuff for the site? 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Aggie Tsubi

I think you should continue. The PC-FX Society doesn't seem like it's offering much, if anything, new to the PC-FX scene, more like just gathering a bunch of old content in one place. We definitely could use more original content, though. I like how PCFXTOO is coming along too.

Opethian

Tome of Obey will always be superior

society pages just has a rotating flash banner.  PCFXTOO 4 lyfe
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Well, I have a good chunk of it done.  Thankfully it's a tiny library!

I am always open to other people offering their opinion of a game for one of the game pages, and screen shots too.   Getting the thing going again is on my list, but Inferno for #msxdev compo is priority atm.

Maybe right after that I will blow through and get as much of it up as I can.