RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

gog.com: 26 Classic EA Games (PC Digital Download) $2.39 Each

Started by roflmao, 11/03/2012, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

I read about this over on slickdeals.
http://www.gog.com/en/promo/ea_weekend_promo_02_11_12

These games are $2.39 ea for the next couple of days:

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
SimCity 2000 Special Edition
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper 2
Theme Hospital
Populous
Populous 2: Trials of the Olympian Gods
Populous: The Beginning
Magic Carpet
Syndicate
Wing Commander 1+2
Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger
Wing Commander 4: The Price of Freedom
Wing Commander: Privateer
Ultima 1+2+3
Ultima 4+5+6
Ultima 7: The Complete Edition
Ultima 8: Gold Edition
Ultima 9: Ascension
Ultima Underworld 1+2
Nox
Lands of Lore 1+2
Lands of Lore 3
Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader" No Regret
Starflight 1+2

Lot of good memories there!  I just picked up a handful. :)

td741

They have Mac support to some of those too (mostly the older games)...

roflmao

Yeah, it looks like pretty much all of the ones I picked up come with a custom version of Dosbox.  So if you can get dosbox to run on your operating system, you can probably play these games. (I'm going to see if I can get them to run on my phone, which has dosbox installed!)

TheClash603

Thanks for the heads up.  I never knew there was a sequel to Crusader.

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: guest on 11/03/2012, 11:36 AMYeah, it looks like pretty much all of the ones I picked up come with a custom version of Dosbox.
It's the same old DOSbox that you can download at dosbox.com. The only thing different is that the config is set to auto-launch the game.

I believe there is a DOSbox for MAC's, but I don't now if you'll be able to run the GOG installer to get the games files; or has GOG fixed this for MAC users since the last time I purchased a game there?
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Arkhan Asylum

Pretty sweet.

Too bad I already have all this stuff!

lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

haha I was fixing to add a small list of old pc games to my sale/trade thread.

hizaygizirlz

gog always has great sales.  I have downloaded tons of games that I haven't really gotten around to touching.  At 2-5 bucks a pop it is not a big lose and they are almost always top quality titles.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

roflmao

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 11/03/2012, 05:56 PMIt's the same old DOSbox that you can download at dosbox.com. The only thing different is that the config is set to auto-launch the game.

I believe there is a DOSbox for MAC's, but I don't now if you'll be able to run the GOG installer to get the games files; or has GOG fixed this for MAC users since the last time I purchased a game there?
I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of the games I purchased had a Mac download.  I'm guessing it's just the Mac version of dosbox.

GohanX

Thanks for the heads up, I can't believe I got Wing Commander 1-4 for 7 measly bucks.

CGQuarterly

Thanks a lot for posting this.  Syndicate is one of my all-time favorite games, and it's running smooth as can be on my Mac.  I might have to download a few more games. 

Chris