10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Sinistron relief fund

Started by PCEngineHell, 11/03/2012, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

As I had stated on the Sandy thread, Sini and his wife, being located by the water on Howard Beach, had their home flooded. Most stuff can basically be chalked up to a loss due to that, and now they are basically having to stay with friends, etc, until they can find a place to move into and get stuff back in order. To complicate matters, their landlord is trying to rush them to get their stuff that can be salvaged out of the apartment faster then expected. With gas shortages and storage space being a issue, obviously its becoming a financial and stressful matter to try to cope with. They went to the apartment today to find out the landlord had went in there and left the door wide open for hours with no one around to make sure no looters hit the place. Right now what they are needing the most is some money to help try to get them into a new place asap. Any amount people around here can give will help, no matter how small, it all adds up. You can drop me a PM and I will shoot you Sini's paypal address. Currently nothing else can be given, mainly because Sini and his wife do not have a steady mailing address now, nor anywhere to store much stuff, but I am sure that situation will change once they can find a new home.  Also, as stated prior, I put up a ton of movies for sale dirt cheap. Any money made from those being sold will go to Sini, so that's one way to also help and gain something in return. :)

Arkhan Asylum

I'm glad you posted this.  I was meaning to ask you if you thought it'd be a cool idea, since you talk to Sinistron.   

I was thinking more along the lines of a group effort to help replace his PCE stuff... which I realize is probably not top priority at the moment since he indeed lost more than just his stuff.

hook me up with his paypal, i'll send something or other there to help out.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

Special thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)

Bernie

Professor, PM me with any info on games/funds I can help with.

PCEngineHell

nectarsis

Seems I don't have Sin's PP info anymore, hit me a PM, will def get something to him ASAP.  :\
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PCEngineHell

TurboCro

I was in Howard Beach a couple of days ago. Most of the houses have suffered flood damage. Theres flood damaged trash in front of most houses and no power. The gas situation is pretty bad here, you have to wait hours to get up the the pump and theres no guarantee they'll be enough when you get up there. It has also gotten much colder since yesterday, so anyone staying in a place without heat will have it rough.

Even though I'm teh n00b, if you need a go between to Sini I'll gladly help. I'm just kinda stuck close to the house due to the gas situation as well.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: TurboCro on 11/04/2012, 07:36 AMEven though I'm teh n00b, if you need a go between to Sini I'll gladly help. I'm just kinda stuck close to the house due to the gas situation as well.
No need man, but thanks for the offer. We stay in fairly good contact between facebook and yahoo and all. And yeah, him and I were talking about the gas situation last nite. He had family bring him some that he split with a friend he is staying with.

Arkhan Asylum

Should we compile a list of donations people can make game-related to get his gaming back off the ground when the time comes?

Would suck if everyone donated their extra duo pads and Keith Courages, and nothing else!

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

Thats a good idea. I'm not sure what all he was able to salvage for the system yet. He wont know until he is able to get settled in again and goes to test stuff out after its been cleaned properly and all. After we find out we can get some kind of list going I am sure.

CGQuarterly

PM me his Paypal address, please.

Chris

PCEngineHell

Dropped a pm your way. Thanks :)

OldRover

I sent some cash his way, I hope it helps a little bit... will send more later on. There's also some stuff here that I don't need for when he's got everything sorted out... more than just gaming stuff though.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

PCEngineHell

Every little bit counts man, so no worry's, and thanks a bunch :)

Sinistron

I really don't know what much to say other than thank you- and I'll do my best to thank each of you in turn when I'm able.  It was the second time in about 14 months we were displaced by a flood- this time it was at least five times worse and so many friends of mine lost so much- from Grandmothers' houses burning down and pets dying and all possessions lost and a shit ton of cars wiped out.  So many without power. My mom has no power and is running a fever, she had to throw out most of her memories of my dad the other day as most of that stuff was in the basement and the basement is a total disaster.

Drummer in my band in Rockaway lost the rehearsal studio he built over the last few years, his drums, the band PA, his entire basement, his two trucks- and he sent his wife and kids off to Florida because of the looting and lack of power.  The gas situation is worse than what you've been hearing even though we've heard relief is on the way.  My sister dropped me off gas thankfully- but the lines I've been seeing run at least ten blocks long and then you realize that you're only looking at one line of several connecting lines. I'm talking 16 hour waits in some places.  Of my own situation- what I was able to salvage myself, a few trinkets on the very top shelves of closets, some clothes that we were able to wash immediately in ammonia, the car (which got a giant crack in the side last night by some moron catching a football), and a few handfuls of turbo/pc-engine CD games which my fucking Saint of a wife started stuffing in baggies right before we left. Alas she didn't finish them all, not all the bags were sealed, and most of the ones that were submerged littered the floor out of case during cleanup.  I didn't look to see which ones were saved yet- it's too aggravating to think about which ones I lost and I've really got my hands full. What I did manage to do last night at the house of the friend who so graciously is putting us up for the time being- as Mike suggested to me- was to wipe down the hucards and turbochips with rubbing alcohol and set them aside in a box to dry. I'd have put them on paper towels but I don't have the space for that.

As Mike said all the systems and controllers, power packs etc. are gone. My music recording studio that was the second bedroom is gone- all my equipment, video equipment (cameras, greenscreen, etc) gone, all the furniture is gone, virtually all my books, comics, video cassettes, players, dv tapes (including the footage of my wedding which I never got to editing and which contained the last video images of my father), television, bluray player, photographs, my wife's dolls (except for a few teddy bears she took to a friend's house the night of the storm for comfort), comics I made as a kid, posters, frames, treadmill, pots and pans, collectibles, etc. etc. etc. all gone. As for flood insurance- we didn't have it. It's not easy to get in that area- especially since after the last time.  I obviously won't be going back to the area- we finished gutting the apartment out last night- and of all that I've lost and all the depression doing this again has caused me- for some reason it was the anguished look on my wife's face as she dragged her wedding gown- something she'd never wear again anyway- out to the hulking heap of trash on the sidewalk that broke my fucking heart the most and I had to steal away to choke back tears.

We talked to FEMA. They helped us out a bit last time- This time they didn't bother looking at my photos and they didn't ask for receipts for anything. They looked around quickly and declared it a total loss- hopefully they'll help us out but who knows how much considering how busy they are and because so many in other neighborhoods like Rockaway, Breezy Point, Broad Channel, and Coney Island lost much more.  Fucking Manhattan was hit bad. Friends of mine lost their businesses.  I've talked to people who've lived here for forty plus years who've never seen something this bad in NY.

Again though- thank you all so much. I've seen money sent to me from members here that I don't even know- and I know that the newer members here may not have the best impression of me from what they've seen.  I've contributed more to this forum from my early time here, and of late I've either been nonexistent or poking my head back in to add my two cents to some fighting street stupidity or other- so yeah I'm pretty floored that some of you cats give a fuck and it really means a lot. This whole thing was weird to me at first because I'm the type who's usually too proud to ask for anything- so a big thank you to Mike and to Rove for really getting this underway- and again- I mean to repay you all in some fashion when I'm able.

Thank you all so much.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

420GOAT

just try to get back to normal....even the smallest things like turbo will help. i cant say ive been there but im sure its a bitch but it will get better man.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Arkhan Asylum

Sinistron,

Losing all your stuff blows.  Losing stuff you can't really get back easily blows even harder.

I'd hate to lose my stuff in such a lame ass way, so I definitely won't hesitate to help a fellow OBEYer out, even if said OBEYer has called me a homo like 230942304 times! :)

It's all in good fun anyways.  Water under the bri..... errr.  ;).  There's a more appropriate saying but I can't think of it.

Yeah.

Anyway, its good to hear you are still kicking. 

So do you plan to peace out of NY altogether once you're settled, or are you going to just relocate somewhere else in the state?

Also, is your musical/game stuff literally gone, like, it floated away somewhere?  Or is it just all soaked and trashed?

You might get lucky and have SOME stuff that still works after it dries out.  I dropped a mixer into a swimming pool once (don't ask), and it still worked after I let it dry out.

Sinistron

Soaked and trashed- plus so much fell on top of shit- for example the dressers wound up under the bed, entertainment center under one of the sofas, refridgerator under a table- it looked like Neptune, Poseidon and the Tazmanian Devil partied with an eightball in there- had to break down the studio room door just to get in so much shit was piled behind it- but yeah we were being pressured to empty the apartment- and I have no place to let stuff dry out- and it was nasty bay water- salty and filthy.  I was gagging during cleanup- the smell was horrific.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

OldRover

You and your wife survived, that's the truly important part. Although there are some things you lost which can never be replaced, at least you still have the memories, and no storm can ever take that from you.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

Ah, right.  I keep forgetting about that whole salt water thing since I live in Ohio.

Hopefully you get some sort of assistance from FEMA, even if it takes awhile.

thesteve

any electronics you want to save soak in water (to get the salt out) then dry a few days before power.
it might surprise you how much survives

PCEngineHell

I think he pretty much had to toss any of the big stuff other then the Mac, since they are going to try to recover the hard drive's data. Sucky terrible situation.

Sparky

wow sini, been seeing your updates and i just shake my head on what your going throw :(  keep that chin up man and if you need anything more don't be to proud to ask, friends help friends. hugs

esteban

Quote from: Sinistron on 11/05/2012, 01:28 PM...I've contributed more to this forum from my early time here...
Hey man, it's been a long time :pcgs:.

I trust that things will work out for you, your family and friends.

Good luck, comrade.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gogan

Quote from: OldRover on 11/05/2012, 03:09 PMYou and your wife survived, that's the truly important part. Although there are some things you lost which can never be replaced, at least you still have the memories, and no storm can ever take that from you.
This. Material possessions are absolutely NOTHING when compared to the lives of the ones you love.
Nothin beats the real thing.

soop

Man, no-one needs to go through that shit.  I can't help you out financially, because I'm absolutely fucked thanks to my flatmate being 3 months behind on rent, but I've got a few duplicate hueys I can send your way when I can scrape together some postage.  I'll wing them to someone else to pass on to you.  Might be a while though!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

DesmondThe3rd

I had a flood at my place a few years ago but it doesn't sound as bad as what you went through. I'll see if I can help out too.

Mathius

Throw me Sini's Paypal, Mike. I only make hourly wages but I will see what I can send. It won't be much, but like you said it all adds up.

TurboCro

Relief sent! Keep em coming...

SuperPlay

Professor can you PM me Sin's PayPal details?

TurboCro

$47 sent from the sale of AES games!