OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

How Many Of Us Pcenginefx Members Are Their In So Cal ???

Started by Nec.Game.head, 11/13/2012, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nec.Game.head

I'm just curious to know how many other members are their in the southern california area ?? I would like to host a Nec hardware related gaming gathering in the near future .. It would be at my place, and I have plenty of space here for approx 20 people .. I have a large projector screen in my living room, surround sound a custom arcade cabinet in my kitchen I modified for playing mame on it and it also supports all other current and retro consoles .. I also do have pretty much every gaming console current and retro if the mood struck for it .. I was thinking a bar b-q and some refreshments .. Anyways just something that came to mined in the past few days ..  Let me know what you guys think ??? And please feel free to to give me some suggestions on ideas and good dates ..

Thanks you guys for taking the time to read this ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

T2KFreeker

Well, I am in the high Desert, Antelope Valley . . . Have a bunch of games too!
END OF LINE.

420GOAT

IM IN WILMINGTON NEXT TO LONG BEACH, ive been wanting to do something like this! im thinking on my birthday , big garage , 74 inch tv and a bbq that is huge, but if you want to get something going before that, im game.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Nec.Game.head

Right on T2KFreeker .. That's not too far from where I live in LA .. Your about a 45 minute to a hour plus drive, from where I live .. The city I live in is called Downey .. The more games the the better I say .. I'm getting my region free Duo-r in the next few days or so, and I already have a Tg16 with a TurboBooster plus on it and 19 games for it .. I have a Tg16 cd that I'm completing in the next few weeks ... I also have 2 Us Turbografx16 expresses fully working for some head to head competition ... Let me know what you think and if you got some suggestions to give me ....

Thanks for the reply ....
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Nec.Game.head

420GOAT .. Your pretty close to where I live .. I'm super down to help you out with your b-day Nec gathering also .. My place also 420 friendly !!  8) We most definitely need to hook up soon and start working on some ideas ..

Thanks for the reply ....

T2KFreeker

Truthfully, I am down for a meet up as long as I can get a ride. Keeping in mind I am legally blind. That doesn't mean I can't see at all, just have trouble getting around because I can't drive. Other than that, I am down. Been trying to get something like this together for a bit.
END OF LINE.

Nec.Game.head

T2KFreeker ... Help out with what you can to contribute to making this idea a reality ... And I will personally drive over to pick you up ... I also have a friend in Simi Valley that would also be down to help me out by picking you up ... We have plenty of time to work on good ideas and scheduling dates to make this happen ...

LET'S HAVE A NEC MEET !!! THANKS FOR THE REPLY'S !!!

rrob78

I'm in Orange County and work out in Long Beach next to Wilmington, Im down for a bbq and turbo Grafx.

syphic

Im in Riverside but our second home is in The San Gabriel Valley so im in the LA Area alot and would love to meet up. There was a cool gaming party this past weekend. Check it out:
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

esteban

TRIVIA: I used to live in...Irvine, Long Beach, Riverside, Los Angeles, Lakewood...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

I grew up in the high dessert in Apple Valley :D
Now in Tampa though...

420GOAT

Quote from: esteban on 11/16/2012, 10:59 PMTRIVIA: I used to live in...Irvine, Long Beach, Riverside, Los Angeles, Lakewood...
and all way the way back to the east coast.?  im game if someone wants to set up a month /date...whats best saturdays, sundays,? my bday is jan 16th, thats when i want to throw a bbq.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Nec.Game.head

and all way the way back to the east coast.?  im game if someone wants to set up a month /date...whats best saturdays, sundays,? my bday is jan 16th, thats when i want to throw a bbq.[/quote]
A saturday or a sunday would work for me .. I'm always free on the weekends .. I guess It would just comes down to how soon everybody that replied to my post want meetup .. I'm definitely down to help you out for your b-day bbq Nec gaming session on Jan 16th .. Maybe we could set something up for next month around the middle of the month .. Saturday december 15th or the 16th .. lol maybe we can make this go down before the end of the world starts to officially happen !!!
Let me know what you guys think ?? Thanks for the reply's and suggestions ..

esteban

Quote from: 420GOAT on 11/18/2012, 10:59 AM
Quote from: esteban on 11/16/2012, 10:59 PMTRIVIA: I used to live in...Irvine, Long Beach, Riverside, Los Angeles, Lakewood...
and all way the way back to the east coast.?
YUP. All the way back to NJ :pcgs:.

bartre

I'm totally in.
i'd need a ride though.
anyone willing to drive me from nebraska to the meetup site?

Nec.Game.head

LMFAOL !!! You got it buddy !!! Omaha Nebraska is only a few states away from Cali .. A mere 1,600 miles from my place about a 23 hour drive, so no problem .. Anyone else needs me to go pick them up ??? 2,000 miles is as far as I'm willing to drive to make this so Cal meet happen !!! lol  :roll:

NecroPhile

Sure, pick me up too; it'll only be maybe five miles out of your way.

Nebraska = extreme northeast California (just a bit past lake tahoe).  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nec.Game.head

lol You got a ride with me also Necromancer .. Any others need a ride from out of state ??? I have space for 2 more members in my Saab 900 .. Remember 2,000 miles max is all I'm willing to drive ..  lol [-X [-X [-X !!!

esteban

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 11/20/2012, 04:23 PMlol You got a ride with me also Necromancer .. Any others need a ride from out of state ??? I have space for 2 more members in my Saab 900 .. Remember 2,000 miles max is all I'm willing to drive ..  lol [-X [-X [-X !!!
Well, heck, swing by NJ and I'll chip in for the gas...

Nec.Game.head

lol you got a ride also Esteban .. You guys are killing me here !! Gonna take my Saab in for a quote today on how much it's gonna cost me for a serious tune up, in order to take my very short 4,000 plus mile trip to pick you guys up .. Just gonna warn you guys in advanced if it's too expensive, I'm just gonna take my trip to pick you dudes up on my donkey named Pedro !!! He stinks, is pretty slow and is also very stubbern !!! But he's tougher and stronger then a horse or my Saab !! Mi burro es mi gran amigo !!! Translation .. My donkey is my best friend  :lol: !!!

Where in the hell are all my so cal Pce players  :-k ???

termis

I'd totally be in for if I still lived in LA, but I live just a little too far away now (9500 miles away :)).  My teenage & early adulthood years were spent all over LA (Los Feliz, Glendale, Mid City, Koreatown, Westchester, Pacoima, Torrance, Arcadia, Echo Park, USC, Norwalk.. I'm sure missing a neighborhood or two more...)

Still a good chance that I'll be back in So Cal at some point in my life, so if meetups like this happened in the future, I'd totally be there.

JoshTurboTrollX

Yeah, if the SoCal meetup caravan hits the Midwest you could probably pick up most of the Obeyers in Ill, Indiana and WI : Keranu, Chany, DragonmasterDan, Nectarsis, JD, Matthius, Ash, Chop5, Cdamm, Terry, Jeff Lewis and myself. And more! Oh, and maybe Guyjin if he's still alive... :D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

420GOAT

whats crackin? any good dates? ill throw a bbq for sure closest to my birthday. december is tough because of christmas, most of my cash may be tied up. ill start getting vintage systems together so i can let you know when and if you guys want, let me know and just show up.

bartre

iirc, guyjin ain't too far from me, maybe 20 minutes away.
us midwesterners need to get together too, aside from MGC, perhaps a little farther south than WI

Nec.Game.head

Sounds good to me .. Let's go ahead and start trying to plan something out for January then ..
Here are some of the consoles I can bring to the meet ...

2 Turbo expresses
Region free Duo-R
Jp Neo geo Aes
Jp smoke black This Is Cool edition Sega Saturn
Jp clear blue Hello Kitty Sega Dreamcast
Ps2 Fat with free Mcboot and internal hd
Soft modded Halo edition Xbox original
2 modded Madcatz Te joysticks universal for retro consoles
1 modded Street Fighter Anniversary Edition joystick for Sega Saturn
Epson projector

I mostly have 2d fighter games and Shumps for all my consoles I can bring over ...
Let me know what you guys think ???
Thanks for the reply's ....

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: bartre on 11/27/2012, 11:21 PMiirc, guyjin ain't too far from me, maybe 20 minutes away.
us midwesterners need to get together too, aside from MGC, perhaps a little farther south than WI
There was OcturboFest last month.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

420GOAT

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 11/28/2012, 12:42 PMSounds good to me .. Let's go ahead and start trying to plan something out for January then ..
Here are some of the consoles I can bring to the meet ...

2 Turbo expresses
Region free Duo-R
Jp Neo geo Aes
Jp smoke black This Is Cool edition Sega Saturn
Jp clear blue Hello Kitty Sega Dreamcast
Ps2 Fat with free Mcboot and internal hd
Soft modded Halo edition Xbox original
2 modded Madcatz Te joysticks universal for retro consoles
1 modded Street Fighter Anniversary Edition joystick for Sega Saturn
Epson projector

I mostly have 2d fighter games and Shumps for all my consoles I can bring over ...
Let me know what you guys think ???
Thanks for the reply's ....
sounds badass!! im gona start hunting free tvs on CL.

rrob78

Im down for this! just give us date, time , location!

T2KFreeker

I'm still here. I could bring along a Vectrex, 3DO, and a Turbografx/CD system and I have a shit ton of games . . .
END OF LINE.

Nec.Game.head

Hey everyone ... So all systems go for January, I just need to have a talk with 420GOAT and figure out the details .. What he mentioned to me is that he would like to help me host the meetup for his b-day .. Have a bbq and get our game on .. I'll post up here as soon as I gather up the full details ...

Thanks for the reply's and interest in making this happen !!!

bartre

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/28/2012, 01:16 PM
Quote from: bartre on 11/27/2012, 11:21 PMiirc, guyjin ain't too far from me, maybe 20 minutes away.
yeah, but that was before I got promoted...
next year though, next year...

rrob78

Cant wait to kick back, sit back & watch someone play a one player game for hours, lol

chany60126

Quote from: bartre on 12/02/2012, 10:02 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/28/2012, 01:16 PM
yeah, but that was before I got promoted...
next year though, next year...
Yeah, and don't forget about Turbo Fest at the Video Game Summit on July 13th in Chicagoland! We'll have a dedicated room for turbo, and some x68000 and Neo Geo. :)

Nec.Game.head

I made this little 5 minute video to give you guys an idea of what I have planned for my Nec based gaming gathering. This is my apartment, my place is pretty much setup like this year round for all my buddies to enjoy when they come over to visit. My plans are also to have all of my other retro consoles setup for the gathering. I'm also really into 2d fighters and Shmups and have a whole lot of that stuff to share with you guys for some friendly battles! Video games, great home cooked food and some good people to share it with is what I'm looking forward to! lol I'm very sorry about the bad quality of the video, my camera totally sucks. This is my second video I have made so bare with me ...

https://youtu.be/sB4xpnH8_Cg

esteban

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 12/21/2012, 11:11 PMI made this little 5 minute video to give you guys an idea of what I have planned for my Nec based gaming gathering. This is my apartment, my place is pretty much setup like this year round for all my buddies to enjoy when they come over to visit. My plans are also to have all of my other retro consoles setup for the gathering. I'm also really into 2d fighters and Shmups and have a whole lot of that stuff to share with you guys for some friendly battles! Video games, great home cooked food and some good people to share it with is what I'm looking forward to! lol I'm very sorry about the bad quality of the video, my camera totally sucks. This is my second video I have made so bare with me ...

https://youtu.be/sB4xpnH8_Cg
Things were progressing nicely in the video, and then you went into the "kitchen" and I began to cry. I now realize that my kitchen is woefully inadequate. :pcgs:

arex

Out in Culver City here.  Would love to meet up if the timing worked out, but that's pretty tricky these days.  Between work and familial obligations (3 year old at home), about the only spare moments I have are after 10pm when everyone else is off to bed.

Nec.Game.head

@ arex ... Your totally welcome to join .. Haven't set an exact date yet .. I'm still waiting to here back from the few people that responded when I first posted this up ... If all goes well I plan on having it till super late .. Here at my place I usually start up my gaming after hours around 12 midnight .. I have a bunch of casual gamer friends that love to come over after a night out and get their game on .. I'm also an night owl and always stay up late during the week randomly til about 4am gaming, eating tacos from a 24 hour spot and having drinks with friends ... Your welcome to shoot me a message and come over anytime you have a lil spare time late night ... lmfaol I'm claiming my place to be the official 562 retro gaming after hours for fellow members and friends ...

syphic

Ill be down there once im done with this frikin flu!
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

rrob78

Nec.Game.head

@ rrob78 .. Yup yup .. King Taco or my favorite El Atacor! You and your boy syphic will have to come over soon for some tequila shots, modelo's and a real deal legit old school gaming sesh .. lol Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition battle anyone ??? Nec gaming gathering sometime this month! C'mon gentlemen, let's do this !!

rrob78

Just let us know the date, & game on. Even pm me & Syphic for a random game play on any weekend.

rrob78

We will be bring two or more other guys with us for some Old School Gaming!