@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Chewed Power Cable, still works, looking for creative repair

Started by JohnnyPhantom, 11/14/2012, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyPhantom

Hey everyone
that darn cat of mine (well my wife's) had chewed up a 2" long area of my TurboDuos power cord, the cord isn't cut in two, and still works fine, just the outer plastic casing around the wire has teeth marks and a bit of the wire showing. Right now I have it covered with some electrical tape. Can anyone tell me of a better solution?

I'd really like to just put some heat shrink wire wrap on it, but it would have to be a .5 inch diameter to fit around the tip and be able to shrink to .2 inch to wrap around the cable, and I don't think its gonna shrink that much.

Any advice?

Todd Gill

Unless you want to replace the cable, use 3:1 or 4:1 shrink tube.

JohnnyPhantom

Thanks for the advice! I had no idea they make anything that shrunk that much! i've always seen stuff thats 2:1. but replace the cable you say, is there a place that sells replacement cable, so I could just open the brick and solder on a new cord?

Todd Gill

You could replace the cable and connector with a new one.

However I doubt that power brick is designed to be easily opened. Many of them are filled with glue or resin and aren't really designed to be opened or serviced.

Someone else will need to comment on the ease/feasibility of opening the original psu.

JohnnyPhantom

Mine opens up with 4 T-8 screws nice and easy, no glue, where might one find these replacement cables?

Todd Gill

That's good that it can be easily opened.

I am not sure of the tip size. Probably a 2.1mm or could be a 2.5mm.

futureman2000

JohnnyPhantom

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.