10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Someone on Neo-Geo.com is selling a CIB Bonk 3 huey...

Started by CGQuarterly, 11/20/2012, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CGQuarterly

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?239009-FS-(FT-)-Bonk-3-for-Turbografx-16-Complete-in-box!

Way overpriced/overvalued in my opinion, but I know we have some peeps here who apparently hate their money and are in a hurry to get rid of it.

Chris

Todd Gill

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 11/20/2012, 10:58 PMhttp://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?239009-FS-(FT-)-Bonk-3-for-Turbografx-16-Complete-in-box!

Way overpriced/overvalued in my opinion, but I know we have some peeps here who apparently hate their money and are in a hurry to get rid of it.

Chris
Apparently that guy seems to think what he has is in fact a neogeo game and decided it to price it as such. /s

sirhcman

He's re-listed it at least one time on ebay with no biters there either.. $250 would be about the price I think it would actually sell for.

mrjiggs

Says or best offer, someone should offer $250 :)

CGQuarterly

I saw two of them under the completed listings on eBay that sold for just south of $200.  But did this game ever come with a normal jewel case, or was it plastic-tray-in-box only?  The two on eBay came with normal jewel case setups, so maybe they were put together with Sparky-esque labels.

In any case I wouldn't pay $250, either.  The PCE version is the exact same friggin' game and has way cooler box art.

Chris

jelloslug

sirhcman

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 11/21/2012, 02:13 PMI saw two of them under the completed listings on eBay that sold for just south of $200.  But did this game ever come with a normal jewel case, or was it plastic-tray-in-box only?  The two on eBay came with normal jewel case setups, so maybe they were put together with Sparky-esque labels.

Chris
The game original came with the plastic tray, no jewel case

tggodfrey

not worth 250.00. for 250.00 you can go get the CD version.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

sirhcman

Quote from: tggodfrey on 11/21/2012, 02:29 PMnot worth 250.00. for 250.00 you can go get the CD version.
Where at (just curious)? I wouldn't pay $250 for any TG/PCE game..

tggodfrey

Ebay.  Just this past spring one sold for 250.00 and it was an honest sale.  Just got to be patient and wait.
Games currently in play:

fraggore

would never pay that well over priced.
got to give it to him for trying tho
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

Opethian

really? and I thought $250 for the cd was overpriced lol
IMG

sirhcman

Well someone bought it for $350.00  ... guess that's the new going rate  #-o

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 11/21/2012, 04:34 PMWell someone bought it for $350.00  ... guess that's the new going rate  #-o
I don't see a record of a sale on ebay and it's still listed for sale on Neo

tggodfrey

Quote from: Opethian on 11/21/2012, 03:33 PMreally? and I thought $250 for the cd was overpriced lol
it is.....but then again all TG16 games are over priced.
Games currently in play:

Todd Gill

this is definitely a "Turbo Everdrive FTW!!" kinda situation.

CGQuarterly

Wow, seriously?  Man, FUCK EBAY CLUB IN FULL EFFECT, YO!  That shit is whack.

Chris

sirhcman

Another posted (different seller) .. this time you can get it for the low low price of $289.95!  :mrgreen:

Bardoly

Just get the one from Lukie Games for $150 if you must have it.

MotherGunner

Quote from: Bardoly on 11/21/2012, 11:51 PMJust get the one from Lukie Games for $150 if you must have it.
Right on, I hope someone here gets it quick!  I would but I already own it.  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Firebomber7

Quote from: Bardoly on 11/21/2012, 11:51 PMJust get the one from Lukie Games for $150 if you must have it.
Lukiegames description: "Game, manual, generic case"
What does "generic case" mean I wonder?
IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

Opethian

not original case I bet
sounds like a loose game with manual is all you get
IMG

turboswimbz

i bought an Air Zonk like that from lukie.  the case is just a random cd case, basically just protects the game.  bonk 3 didn't come with a jewel case anyway if I remember correctly.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Bardoly

Yep, I figure that it's either a cd case or a random TG-16 game case, because Bonk 3 didn't come with a case.  Since the last couple of HuCard and manual only copies of Bonk 3 went for $160-$190, I figure that this one for $150 is about the best you're going to find anytime soon on the open market.  If I didn't already have a copy of Bonk 3, I would probably go for this one.

Sparky

Wow.. That's still a lot... I was going to sell mine if I had not raffled it off for about $50 or $60... But that was game, case, sleeve, custom insert and a case with a sparky sticker (( shrugs))