RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Turbo Grafx Collecting

Started by Keith Courage, 01/08/2013, 03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonikthehedgehog

I've always been about completing the set but I just focus on the good games now. I have pretty much everything I want and have moved on to the JP releases.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Duo_R

I think I always assumed that was a helmet. But Esteban's post just made me appreciate the art a little more. A thread where we do some art appreciation (or lack of appreciation) for some of the covers would be awesome.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

esteban

Quote from: Duo_R on 02/02/2013, 09:55 AMI think I always assumed that was a helmet. But Esteban's post just made me appreciate the art a little more. A thread where we do some art appreciation (or lack of appreciation) for some of the covers would be awesome.
Hahhahahahaha. Anyway....

STATUS: Yes, that is L'helmet de NCS, which, as I have established, is standard issue in futuristic racing circuits/worlds/universes.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gladiator316

To me personally collecting just for the sake of having it or bragging to others is a serious waste of time and money...I do have a lot of systems and majority of my games are the big title releases and few in number, but for this system i decided to collect every game only cause there are 94 chip games and i honestly really like playing the bad ones from time to time...unlike the 800+ library for the NES in which maybe 30 or so are good games worth playing.
93/94 TurboChips

Dyna138

When I first started getting back into the Turbo I was only picking up good games I wanted, but the seed was planted by watching spida1a and his collection videos. I really loved the TG16 when I was younger and it seemed like I was the only one supporting this great system back when anyone cared about was the NES and Genesis. I thought with only a little over 100 games and me already having 40 or so it wouldn't be too hard to finish a complete collection

Yeah right...more than 10 years later I'm still working on it. Real life and limited playtime have slowed me down a little but one day I hope to finish my collection...not to mention actually beat every one of them.

jeffhlewis

Collecting complete sets is cool and all, but ultimately not all it's cracked up to be. I just finished the U.S. Sega Master System collection. Once I was done with that, I wasn't content so I started collecting the blue label reprints. Once I was done with that, I wasn't content so I started collecting the entire Japanese Mark III set...and so on, and so on. Now that I have all this stuff I never have time to play it. Plus you wind up buying rare turds for crazy amounts of cash (in my case, Buster Douglas Boxing...ugh).

It's a lot more fun to just collect across all of the systems and get the good stuff.

-D-

I'm just strictly in it to play the games, so my collection is a random mishmash of US & JP releases.  I will of course tend to prefer a US version so I can actually read the manual, but if the JP version is quite a bit cheaper then I might get it instead.  And I'm mostly in it with this platform for the shmups, and a huge chunk of them are Japanese only, further making me not care about region.

But I am picky about condition and loose hucards.  I don't care about spine cards and cardboard boxes, but other than that everything I buy has to have the game, original case, and manual.

xcrement5x

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 02/21/2013, 01:57 PMCollecting complete sets is cool and all, but ultimately not all it's cracked up to be. I just finished the U.S. Sega Master System collection. Once I was done with that, I wasn't content so I started collecting the blue label reprints. Once I was done with that, I wasn't content so I started collecting the entire Japanese Mark III set...and so on, and so on. Now that I have all this stuff I never have time to play it. Plus you wind up buying rare turds for crazy amounts of cash (in my case, Buster Douglas Boxing...ugh).

It's a lot more fun to just collect across all of the systems and get the good stuff.
Hehe, I did the same thing except with Sega CD games.  Complete US set, then variants, now I'm working on getting all the JP and EU exclusives.  I have a feeling that eventually I will try and get all the JP titles, since working towards something big like this is kind of fun.  Plus, I don't really know of anyone with all the Sega CD/Mega CD games (or anyone who enjoys the system that much really) so I don't feel like I'm plodding down the same old road as everyone else. 

That said, I've definitely modified my buying habits for other stuff.  No longer am I trying to find one of everything, or just buy it all.  I've become a lot more selective about a lot of the things I buy and clearing out things I don't want, need, or will never play. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)