10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Survival guide for the New Age Noob

Started by HercTNT, 01/28/2013, 06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HercTNT

So, your new and you joined our forums. We welcome you. Pcenginefx is infact a great place with great people and a lot to learn. Your not sure how to get started. There seems to be two schools of thought on this with many recent New Age Noobs. Most reasonable people would Wait, watch, and listen to the new forum they have joined. Get a feel for the people and the subject matter. After all, you don't know who your dealing with, there histories, or recent events. So what do you do? Slowly integrate and learn as mentioned before. Or, throw on your elves slippers and red cape, zip line in, and singly handedly save the forum for those sharped tounged asswhipes that offend you so easily. Tune out, you have the power. There is plenty to see and do here. Don't like two people hashing it out, move on. The choice is yours. These forums, as most forums do, have there conflicts, and always will. Think the place sucks cause a few people had a rumble, then you did not spend any time looking at all the other stuff going on and thats a shame, and your fault.
Participate or move on..........you can do it :)

At Tggodfrey's request :) I would also like to point out, that despite our differences at times, there is a common respect amoungst most members here. Things can get crazy at times but overall we give each other our space. I myself have only been here a short time compared to alot of other members and try hard to temper my comments as i'm largely a noob myself in perspective.

Sparky

HercTNT... Always well said (( opens arms))

HercTNT

PukeSter

This is directed towards me, isn't it...

But yes, great advice. Thank you. :)

HercTNT

It was directed towards alot of new people that have joined in recent months. I don't know you, and its not personal on you, but yes, sometimes new people really need to grow a thicker skin. If you really think that you can go to any forum and magically avoid this kinda stuff that would be naive. Best thing to do is learn from it, acknowledge, and move on. To much good stuff going on around here to just by pass it so easily.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VestCunt

Nice post, Herc, but I would argue that thin skin isn't the problem. Most of the tongue lashings noobs receive (or witness and cry foul) is because of culture shock: our attitude toward collecting, prices, and the online market is different than other forums. The fact that many noobs are overly-sensitive, self-obsessed Millennials aggravates things, but the clash of cultures is the catalyst.

New members have gradually shifted from old gamers rediscovering the TurboGrafx to "retrogamers" finding the system for the first time. The TurboGrafx isn't a gateway console, so retrogamers are usually veterans of other VG forums who've already formed opinions on gaming culture and collecting. So they come here from places like Racketboy - where ebay prices are gospel - or NintendoAge - with the massive VGA bragging thread - and they get reamed. It's funny how much eye rolling just mentioning the VGA generates.

Other forums seem much more collector-oriented. Go to a Nintendo forum and every game has an assigned rarity rating and estimated price graded by condition. Search for the SMS and they've documented and scanned every conceivable product number, hint sheet, poster, and European cover variation... and they're striving to collect it all! We have collecting and picture threads, but they're not permanent stickies. We don't have anywhere near the number of sealed collectors (thank god), no one is collecting all of the regional variations, and we don't go around appraising our crap.

Many of us collect the small U.S. library, but for some reason, PCEFX has evolved differently. Maybe because of the TG's obscurity and lack of support in the U.S. We seem to focus more on price inflation (due to the memory of a diehard following), good deals and raffles (a small community helps each other out), repair advice (rare/expensive hardware), bitching about crappy domestic games, praising crappy domestic games, trying to master crappy domestic games, homebrewing new crappy domestic games :wink:, and import reviews/translations/walkthroughs (so we can play good games).
Topic Adjourned.

Ji-L87

Vestcunt, I think you may very well be on to something.
The fact alone that I had google up what "VGA grading" really meant, even after reading the above mentioned thread, really speaks for how we look at collecting games.

There's a certain...hrm...feeling of common sense around here that I quite appreciate. Granted, exactly what counts as common sense differs.
Pretty much I mean that I like how we look down on excessive or unshameful money grabbing, as seems to be too common (and weirdly accepted) part of retro game collecting in other communities.

There is a sort of mentality that collecting is fine (there are some super hoarders here after all), sure, but needlessly putting down big wads just for a super mint CIBler copy of some game is not money well spent, never mind that whole VGA rating business. I'd like to think that's a healthy way of thinking.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: HercTNT on 01/28/2013, 06:35 PMSo, your new and you joined our forums. We welcome you. Pcenginefx is infact a great place with great people and a lot to learn. Your not sure how to get started. There seems to be two schools of thought on this with many recent New Age Noobs. Most reasonable people would Wait, watch, and listen to the new forum they have joined. Get a feel for the people and the subject matter. After all, you don't know who your dealing with, there histories, or recent events. So what do you do? Slowly integrate and learn as mentioned before. Or, throw on your elves slippers and red cape, zip line in, and singly handedly save the forum for those sharped tounged asswhipes that offend you so easily. Tune out, you have the power. There is plenty to see and do here. Don't like two people hashing it out, move on. The choice is yours. These forums, as most forums do, have there conflicts, and always will. Think the place sucks cause a few people had a rumble, then you did not spend any time looking at all the other stuff going on and thats a shame, and your fault.
Participate or move on..........you can do it :)
Well said right there, I think the community as a whole does a good job of filtering out the new guys that are jerks from the new guys that are very cool.  We should concentrate on some of the new guys that are awesome (cdamm for one) and just ignore the OMFGHAXOR reseller clowns, we'd find that this community is growing and getting stronger even today, regardless of the couple bad apples that pop in.

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2013, 01:11 AMNice post, Herc, but I would argue that thin skin isn't the problem. Most of the tongue lashings noobs receive (or witness and cry foul) is because of culture shock: our attitude toward collecting, prices, and the online market is different than other forums. The fact that many noobs are overly-sensitive, self-obsessed Millennials aggravates things, but the clash of cultures is the catalyst.

New members have gradually shifted from old gamers rediscovering the TurboGrafx to "retrogamers" finding the system for the first time. The TurboGrafx isn't a gateway console, so retrogamers are usually veterans of other VG forums who've already formed opinions on gaming culture and collecting. So they come here from places like Racketboy - where ebay prices are gospel - or NintendoAge - with the massive VGA bragging thread - and they get reamed. It's funny how much eye rolling just mentioning the VGA generates.

Other forums seem much more collector-oriented. Go to a Nintendo forum and every game has an assigned rarity rating and estimated price graded by condition. Search for the SMS and they've documented and scanned every conceivable product number, hint sheet, poster, and European cover variation... and they're striving to collect it all! We have collecting and picture threads, but they're not permanent stickies. We don't have anywhere near the number of sealed collectors (thank god), no one is collecting all of the regional variations, and we don't go around appraising our crap.

Many of us collect the small U.S. library, but for some reason, PCEFX has evolved differently. Maybe because of the TG's obscurity and lack of support in the U.S. We seem to focus more on price inflation (due to the memory of a diehard following), good deals and raffles (a small community helps each other out), repair advice (rare/expensive hardware), bitching about crappy domestic games, praising crappy domestic games, trying to master crappy domestic games, homebrewing new crappy domestic games :wink:, and import reviews/translations/walkthroughs (so we can play good games).
VGA grading, that makes my stomach turn.  Gotta let the boys hang loose once in a while!  PLAY THOSE GAMES!!!  I picked up 5 or 6 sealed Turbo games in the last 12 months and the first thing I did was tear into them to play them.  

PLAY YOUR GAMES!!..... or don't.  really the power is yours.  But I'm sure my copy of Ys Book I&II that gets regular attention spins on my Duo is much happier than your sealed copy that never got a single play.  :(
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

tggodfrey

There are a lot of existing older members that need to grow thicker skin (or larger balls).  You tell someone to grow up, fuck off, grow a pair and OMG you insulted an member who has been here longer....Jesus H christ!

The bottom line is this is a video game forum....if you take it seriously....you're a fucking toolbag that should have been drowned at birth.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

jlued686

Since this is Fighting Street, where being a dick is allowed...

Your =/= You are

/pet peeve

tggodfrey

Yeah mine too although I do it all the time.  Typing with 2 fingers and always being in a hurry sucks.
Games currently in play:

CGQuarterly

Quote from: tggodfrey on 01/29/2013, 11:40 AMThere are a lot of existing older members that need to grow thicker skin (or larger balls).  You tell someone to grow up, fuck off, grow a pair and OMG you insulted an member who has been here longer....Jesus H christ!

The bottom line is this is a video game forum....if you take it seriously....you're a fucking toolbag that should have been drowned at birth.
I definitely have a problem with it when n00bs come here and start throwing insults at forum regulars.  It has nothing to do with this being a video game forum.  It could be that, or it could be a congressional sub-committee.  It's just an issue of respect and how people in a society should try to treat each other.  People think that because they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet, they don't have to treat others in the same way that they would if they were face-to-face.  But at the end of the day, they way that you treat people and the impression that you leave them with is the only thing that you really have, because it's the only thing you'll be remembered for. 

I try to treat everyone with respect until they give me a clear reason not to.  Once that happens, though, they're basically dead to me and I'll say whatever I want. 

Chris

420GOAT

I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

HercTNT

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2013, 01:11 AMNice post, Herc, but I would argue that thin skin isn't the problem. Most of the tongue lashings noobs receive (or witness and cry foul) is because of culture shock: our attitude toward collecting, prices, and the online market is different than other forums. The fact that many noobs are overly-sensitive, self-obsessed Millennials aggravates things, but the clash of cultures is the catalyst.

I know you and I don't see eye to eye on everything, but this really hit the spot for me. We are not a collectors based thread, we are a gamer's thread the values the joy of the systems and love of the games over watching them collect dust. You nailed it for me on this one :)

NightWolve

Well said, Herc! I think you touched upon a little bit of this lukester cunt at the end who basically told me that if I make a post, he's gonna have to forcibly waste his miserable life reading the whole thing (that strapped to the chair image was perfect!), so I should conform to his preferences of shorter posts to suit his tastes rather than he pass them by or put me on ignore... The arrogance... I'm sorry, but I don't speak in 2-3 sentences at a time like say steve and being the detail-oriented person that I am, I tend to be verbose than average. Of course, you mainly get this attack when it's negative in nature, so it's just a cheapshot when you're simply opposed to the person or what was said, etc.

I don't really even know the cunt, he seems to be an average non-factor to the board; if he disappeared tomorrow, I don't think it'd be any loss one way or another. I've never laughed or enjoyed, let alone found anything he's had to say interesting for the few times that I have seen his posts, but apparently in lecturing us that there should never be any squabbles, that we should be better than that, he was more than happy to take some cheapshots against Zeta and Professor (even prop up Dickkibold, someone that inspired Nintega to come out of hiding - I dunno what it is about how Dickki achieved some sort of hero status with some for fucking with the Gouging thread), who, even on a bad day, are worth more than anything that his ~222 posts have to offer in my view.

I know I'm ideologically/philosophically very far apart when it comes to Zeta, and I could just as easily be butting heads with him, but I respect his intellect and enjoy reading his informative posts at times, especially on gaming history and Professor brings some damn fine lulz to the table on any given day!! Plus, he had the guts to take down the Nazi (AKA American History Xray), against the tide of those wanting to buy his signs, so that's a lot of points in my book.

Anyway, yeah, there are so many boring, average threads going on (90% conflict free) for those in question to choose from that wanna play pretend heroes to break up a fight, only to use the opportunity to take some cheapshots against those they dislike, then hope that the thread which has so "bored" the hell out of them gets locked so those they insulted wouldn't get the chance to answer back... Convenient.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/29/2013, 04:48 PMWell said, Herc! I think you touched upon a little bit of this lukester cunt at the end who basically told me that if I make a post, he's gonna have to forcibly waste his miserable life reading the whole thing (that strapped to the chair image was perfect!), so I should conform to his preferences of shorter posts to suit his tastes rather than he pass them by or put me on ignore... The arrogance...
Well you could consider this as flattery as he could be considered a follower of sorts and just enjoys/hates what you have to say so much that he feels the need to wait and wonder when the next NigthWolve post is coming.  Got to admit, you do make great points and usually are very informative and I enjoy reading what you have to say.... I mean... wait.. is this in Fighting Street? 

I mean, Fuck you!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

tggodfrey

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 01/29/2013, 12:10 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 01/29/2013, 11:40 AMThere are a lot of existing older members that need to grow thicker skin (or larger balls).  You tell someone to grow up, fuck off, grow a pair and OMG you insulted an member who has been here longer....Jesus H christ!

I definitely have a problem with it when n00bs come here and start throwing insults at forum regulars.  It has nothing to do with this being a video game forum.  It could be that, or it could be a congressional sub-committee.  It's just an issue of respect and how people in a society should try to treat each other.  People think that because they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet, they don't have to treat others in the same way that they would if they were face-to-face.  But at the end of the day, they way that you treat people and the impression that you leave them with is the only thing that you really have, because it's the only thing you'll be remembered for.  

I try to treat everyone with respect until they give me a clear reason not to.  Once that happens, though, they're basically dead to me and I'll say whatever I want.  

Chris
Thats a good point too Chris.  Herc, you should add the common respect factor too.
Games currently in play:

PukeSter

Whatever you say Nightwolve. I never edited my post. I didn't know of your interpretation of why i wrote what i wrote. I was in a bad mood that day.

Ok, you want to know why I can't contribute anything really special to the forum? I'll tell you why.

I'm a teenage(freshman) fan of the PC Engine. Ok. I can't provide special hardware mods, or give amazing lolz like the Professor. I can't even join that many conversations on this forum, because i don't have enough experience(and money) with this amazing system. I don't even have nearly as many games as most of you guys do here. I once played some Bomberman PCE games on my computer as a little kid, and I was interested. Years later, I learned more about this system, and got interested.

I liked this forum a lot, so I joined. The people here are very nice. They help me learn stuff. I can't give back much, but I still like to talk. I can't do much about buying, selling and trading on here, so I have my dad help me with that.

Happy, everyone? If you want to call me a "worthless count", or a "fairy in a magical cape out to save the day", so what? I have a life, and this isn't going to ruin it. I just happen to enjoy this forum a lot for what it offers. If you still have questions, I'll be around.

EDIT: Yes Nightwolve, your posts are usually good. Just these ones were strange and bizarre.

Have a nice day guys. I really mean it.

tggodfrey

Can someone point me to the lukester thread, I think i missed out on all of this......I was thinking this started over the moonwhistle thread.
Games currently in play:

JoshTurboTrollX

Moonwhistle thread?  Can someone point me in the direction of that?.... I was thinking this started over the Darkkobold thread.

PukeSter

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/29/2013, 05:18 PMMoonwhistle thread?  Can someone point me in the direction of that?.... I was thinking this started over the Darkkobold thread.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=11723.0

Right here. The stuff I started...

tggodfrey

This post started from that?  Thats it?  Wow....... This forum has had far better Bs drama.  Thats not even entertaining.

Lukester....I dont know where you're hobbies/priorities lay and frankly I dont give a damn.  

99% of all members here are good people.  Some take this so seriously that they will argue facts, details and just random shit all day long.  I can understand as I am like that with automotive.

As you have found out NightWolve is very wordy and he doesnt let insults go.  He is def not a guy you want to argue with if you dont have the energy but you must admit those are people you want in your corner and he has done a lot of good for all of us.  You will notice that eventually.  I can honestly tell you he is not a bad guy but he does get offended easily.  Professor is very much the same only he is a little more dramatic about it.  If you speak with him on the side he appears very normal.  Most everyone here is similer we just dont say much, I cant say anything because its misinterpreted every time.

Bottom line is all you can do at this point learn not to take anything seriously around here even if certain other people do.  This is a forum and frankly has no real bearing on your life.

To avoid being labled as "internet hero" here.....you all can lick my ass!
Games currently in play:

HercTNT

The post did not start from that, You guys really need to read from the start. Lukester, you already asked me that question, and I already stated that it was not you entirely. Yes, you were one of the people that motivated me, no its not all on you. However if you continue to disregard the fact I already clarified this for you, then you get what you ask for.  The point of the OP is that we have new people coming in all the time acting as if they "know" and they don't. Acting "entitled" and they are not. Or just going off at the handle and being really surprised when they get shit back. More specifically, thin skin noobs categorizing the community as a mindless mob mentality hell bent on being assholes all because of a handful of threads that offended there sensibilites.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2013, 05:12 PMWhatever you say Nightwolve. I never edited my post. I didn't know of your interpretation of why i wrote what i wrote. I was in a bad mood that day.
Well, you wanted to take cheapshots and insult others, expect return fire, but don't tell us how "bored" the thread made you and that you're hoping it gets locked to prevent a chance for a response. If I see a long post, I might give up on reading it, my loss, my laziness, or if it sucked anyway, my gain, but only if I hate the guy or what was said would I take a cheapshot and insult that person for length.

I'm not sure why you stated that you never edited your post. I just kind of responded to some of it here. I intend to respond back in that thread, though.

Whatever the reasons, I've never laughed, enjoyed or otherwise found any post of yours interesting - not to my memory at least. That has been the opposite with Professor and Zeta many times over. So when you attack his videos for being shitty, unfunny videos that have entertained me AND your account has been pretty worthless to me, objectively, other than to add insults at me, I'm gonna point it out... Technically, your attack on him is also an attack on my tastes in humor for finding his stuff funny as well.

QuoteOk, you want to know why I can't contribute anything really special to the forum? I'll tell you why.
I didn't want to know or care really, fine of you to offer reasons, it's just that you trashed members whose posts I have enjoyed, so that inspired my comment. That's why veterans are treated differently than someone new or average, etc. I'm just saying, you called Professor's stuff shitty, non funny, and I've laughed plenty of times and he also brings in a variety of animated GIFs as well that I've enjoyed, the cat in his sig makes me laugh, etc. and YOU, I draw a blank...

QuoteEDIT: Yes Nightwolve, your posts are usually good. Just these ones were strange and bizarre.
Well, I'm sorry, but when a deceptive, condescending, slanderous cunt basically accuses me of being anti-woman, creepy, sexist, misogynist, and part of the reason there are no babes on gaming forums, I take it very seriously... That was an insult on numerous levels and very well calculated! He also thinks he's better than me and morally superior because he can avoid profanity. So, with all that, I'm gonna fucking step on him as hard as I can! He stood by the pedophile (THAT never made us look bad) RegalSin, the Nazi, but he tried to make me and some minor sexual jokes/comments the crime of the century... He owes me retractions and apologies but really, what he said is not something you could take back anyway. I think it was just an opportunity he seized upon and he had an axe to grind for other reasons outside of that thread. He can't be that much of a prude. It was I think a, "I hate this guy, good opportunity to embarrass him!".

It's not your character that was assaulted, you weren't the one he was deliberately trying to embarrass, humiliate and objectively call upon the community to join him in the attack (that's the purpose of saying, hey, your sexual comments make us all look bad, to agitate others to join the attack), so it's always easy to play mediator in a conflict you're not involved in, of course, you tried to have it both ways, ask that we be better than that, while adding more parting insults... That's a way to *continue* the fighting, not help stop it if that was really your goal, and well, it wasn't really... The other thing is, it's very arrogant for you to decide for me that it was time, at the point when you showed up in the thread, to "let it go." There are plenty of things to respond to that he said and their implications that I haven't had the chance to write.

Quote from: tggodfrey on 01/29/2013, 05:43 PMAs you have found out NightWolve is very wordy and he doesnt let shit go.  He is def not a guy you want to argue with if you dont have the energy but you must admit those are people you want in your corner and he has done a lot of good for all of us.
It depends on what said shit is. Everybody is different in what affects or offends them and for how long. I usually find it arrogant to tell someone that they should've gotten over something by now, especially if it's the offender telling you that. But if years and years have passed, maybe. Yeah, it all just depends on the details/specifics. Anyway, I thought I accepted your apology and I haven't bothered ya last I checked.

I think your 2nd sentence is very true of Professor, the aspect of a guy you want in your corner (I dunno if I would say that about myself). I can respect that he looks out for his friends like Herc and he's got their back. I don't know many people like that... Most of the people that pretended to be my friend to my face in my years, would be in another forum talking shit behind my back or if they were genuine friends, would tend toward cowardice when others would attack me. I learned quite a bit from those experiences. I see a similar quality in Bernie, if he's your friend he's got your back and he's straight with you, whether to your face or when you're not looking.

Quote from: tggodfrey on 01/29/2013, 05:43 PMThis post started from that?  Thats it?  Wow....... This forum has had far better Bs drama.  Thats not even entertaining.
There was a lot more to it than that thread. Other conflicts with newbs that resulted in them leaving. And no, I found Professor's additions very entertaining in that thread and also some of the history about past female members I never knew about I thought was somewhat interesting. It could've just been another standard, "Hey, I got fucked over by this modder" thread that I would never have cared about, but it's quite a bit something else now. ;)

NecroPhile

*yawn*

This shit is boring.  Please lock the thread, Mr. Moderator.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Emerald Rocker

FIGHTING STREET IS UNMODERATED!!!!!!
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

VestCunt

Quote from: PukeSter on 01/29/2013, 05:12 PMHappy, everyone? If you want to call me a "worthless count", or a "fairy in a magical cape out to save the day", so what? I have a life, and this isn't going to ruin it. I just happen to enjoy this forum a lot for what it offers. If you still have questions, I'll be around.
Buck up, little camper.
Topic Adjourned.

bartre

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 01/29/2013, 12:10 PMI try to treat everyone with respect until they give me a clear reason not to.
again, jibbs, short sweet and to the point.

it really is a cycle on this site:
1. there's calm for maybe a week.
2. then some new, or at least relatively new, member decides to start the shit slinging or someone gets butthurt about some offhand comment.
3. the issue gets the standard responses "it's the internet", "dude, you have been here for like 2 weeks, why are you talking like we've been friends for life?", and my personal favorite "Seniority, Bitch."
4. the issue is either dropped (but only if both members have been around for a while) or somebody gets their shit wrecked and leaves.

hmm, that reminds me, someone (jibbs?) posted a while back likening this forum to a neighborhood bar that is made up of entirely regulars, i'll have to try and dig that post up.

Also, sometimes I can't help but look at arguments on this site like this
IMG

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:

soop

I agree with the initial sentiment, and what Chris said.  Sometimes people have legitimate beef on here, but it does tend to escalate into drama for drama's sake.  I understand why some would find it entertaining, but I don't - and I'm quite certain there's a very broad spectrum here of what we all find entertaining.

Just as a "for instance", there are many people here who's posts I find interesting, but I do find the rants tiresome, justified or not.  Do they care?  Unlikely.  Is anything going to change?  No, it isn't.  If something isn't to your taste, move on.  Plenty of people think the same way about my posts.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

NightWolve

Quote from: soop on 01/30/2013, 11:26 AMIf something isn't to your taste, move on.  Plenty of people think the same way about my posts.
For the record, I have found that I like most of your posts and I'm surprised that you got put on ignore by 2 people. So, don't feel bad, soopy. ;) I would understand more if you were combative like some of us (Professor, Zeta, myself, etc.), but not for "bloggy" type quality posts I guess was the issue. I thought it added variety and increasingly I find myself wanting less retroy stuff around here. This is the only forum I want to be visiting for the foreseeable future and have been (I can only make time for one at present), and there's only so much "new" things you can come up with to talk about in a place dedicated to 20 year old gaming hardware, etc. Somehow we still chug along, though. But yeah, stuff about your last girlfriend, the Canuck that broke your heart, etc., that was all fine by me and somewhat interesting.

Quote from: bartre on 01/30/2013, 03:24 AMIMG
Good one!

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

soop

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/30/2013, 09:31 PM
Quote from: soop on 01/30/2013, 11:26 AMIf something isn't to your taste, move on.  Plenty of people think the same way about my posts.
For the record, I have found that I like most of your posts and I'm surprised that you got put on ignore by 2 people. So, don't feel bad, soopy. ;) I would understand more if you were combative like some of us (Professor, Zeta, myself, etc.), but not for "bloggy" type quality posts I guess was the issue. I thought it added variety and increasingly I find myself wanting less retroy stuff around here. This is the only forum I want to be visiting for the foreseeable future and have been (I can only make time for one at present), and there's only so much "new" things you can come up with to talk about in a place dedicated to 20 year old gaming hardware, etc. Somehow we still chug along, though. But yeah, stuff about your last girlfriend, the Canuck that broke your heart, etc., that was all fine by me and somewhat interesting.
Heh, thanks man.  Maybe I should just put it all into one easy-to-ignore thread.  I've been waiting all week for tonight, and a girl I met last week.  she likes - dun dun dun... video games!  See how it goes tonight.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

geise

IMG

roflmao

That is one of my favorite animated gifs of all time. :)