RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

I would say I did OK here

Started by bob, 02/03/2013, 08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

So a few months back, I purchased this at a local auction for $12.50 ($10 winning bid, 15% premium and sales tax).
Anyway, when I got it home, I found there was $2.75 in quarters still in it (w00t!!)

So I have started to strip it down to make a different game out of it.  The monitor had some significant issues, and I never had any interest in keeping it as an Assault game to play.
Being the nice guy that I am, I figured "what the hell, maybe somebody out there is looking for some cheap parts".   Rather than throw them away, I posted a $30 listing on ebay for the joystick panel.  Reason, I did $30 is because I offered free shipping on a pretty heavy/large package that this will be.  Wasn't looking to make any money out of it, but I didn't want to throw it away.

To my surprise, I started getting a ton of emails about it asking for the game boards, manuals, etc.
I threw it all in (still free shipping) and I was happy with the result.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111006546377?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

/turbo/assault.jpg[/img]

termis

Nice job - sorry to see it being split up, though.  It's an awesome game and I had a good time with this one as a kid...

turboswimbz

Nice deal! Hopefully the parts will be reused to make another machine complete.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PunkCryborg

You could throw in the marquee too, it's easy to find replacement marquees or have custom ones made up.

Tatsujin

nice job there..wait..assault isn't from atari..damn stealers.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sparky

Ya did really good, thats a good honest auction. :)

esteban

ANECDOTE: Assault was lots of fun to play in l'arcade. Le truth. IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CGQuarterly

Quote from: termis on 02/03/2013, 09:15 AMNice job - sorry to see it being split up, though.  It's an awesome game and I had a good time with this one as a kid...
Well just look at it this way.  Those parts are going to put another machine back together.  So the universe stays in balance.

Chris

roflmao

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/03/2013, 09:35 AMnice job there..wait..assault isn't from atari..damn stealers.
LOL it is by namco in the 80's atari distributed for them.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

Quote from: TR0N on 02/04/2013, 01:12 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/03/2013, 09:35 AMnice job there..wait..assault isn't from atari..damn stealers.
LOL, sure I am aware of that fact :)
I just lol everytime, when I see a Namco game by Atari, because 99% of the peeps out there in the west think that these games were really made by Atari.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/04/2013, 04:08 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/04/2013, 01:12 AM
LOL, sure I am aware of that fact :)
I just lol everytime, when I see a Namco game by Atari, because 99% of the peeps out there in the west think that these games were really made by Atari.
I still see that as well allot even now oddly enough.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec