@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

2013...another good year for the dreamcast

Started by ElSeven, 02/07/2013, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElSeven

XYX

Pier Solar HD

Ghost Blade

Sturmwind

ReDux: Dark Matters

of course the release dates should be taken with a grain of salt (cough-sturmwind-cough), but 5 new games for the DC should make 2013 a great year  :dance:

I have to wonder if the release of Ouya will effect indie games being released on dreamcast?
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Bernie

Nobody like the Dreamcast..  It sucks..  Long live the Turbob!!!!!   :)

BigusSchmuck

So we see new games for the dreamcast and still don't have a good tg-16 emulator? For shame!

ElSeven

Quote from: Bernie on 02/07/2013, 06:31 PMNobody like the Dreamcast..  It sucks..  Long live the Turbob!!!!!   :)
pft, ignoring that!  dreamcastFTW  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 02/07/2013, 07:24 PMSo we see new games for the dreamcast and still don't have a good tg-16 emulator? For shame!
but why emulate on dc when you can play the real thing?? leave the pce to the pce i say.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

mac

roflmao

SuperDeadite

Redux, which is a remake of Dux, which was absolutely terrible.  And Pier Solar HD? lol
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

mac

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/14/2013, 11:41 PMRedux, which is a remake of Dux, which was absolutely terrible.  And Pier Solar HD? lol
It wasnt horrible :P but it had some bugs and that is what this redux is supposed to fix. Buyers of the original get this one free :) Wish Bethesda would offer the same.

Hawaiian Girls w/ gone wild behind the skirt DVD

Deletion

I contributed to the Kickstarter for the limited edition of Redux back in May 2012. Can't believe that was almost a year ago. Damn, time flies.

JoshTurboTrollX

Darn, I was hoping for Cool Herders 2.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

fraggore

Quote from: Bernie on 02/07/2013, 06:31 PMNobody like the Dreamcast..  It sucks..  Long live the Turbob!!!!!   :)
your silly man.

long live turbo and the dreamcasr.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

Arkhan Asylum

I wasn't a fan of Dux, either.   It was pretty, but blehgreotgnjnh.

and yeah, Pier Solar.

Who cares.

I'd rather see another Time Stalkers or Ecco, or something interesting, instead of a mediocre, overhyped RPG
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

mac

Arkhan Asylum

Man why doesn't someone make a cool 3D game for Dreamcast. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

mac

Quote from: guest on 04/16/2013, 04:22 PMMan why doesn't someone make a cool 3D game for Dreamcast.
Would rather see a cool 2D platformer but yeah it has turned into the schump machine.

Would imagine the lack of programmer's is a issue.

Arkhan Asylum

I'd rather see a clever puzzle game or platformer.   

I had thought about it at one point, but don't feel like getting into Dreamcast

Nando

Quote from: guest on 04/16/2013, 04:22 PMMan why doesn't someone make a cool 3D game for Dreamcast. 
HAHAHAHAHAHAH you so funny

ElSeven

I agree that a platformer would be awesome, it really is one of the only genres that is lacking in the otherwise great dreamcast library.  I wonder how much longer the development time would be compared to the shooters?
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ElSeven on 04/16/2013, 08:43 PMI agree that a platformer would be awesome, it really is one of the only genres that is lacking in the otherwise great dreamcast library.  I wonder how much longer the development time would be compared to the shooters?
Not any longer probably.  Especially if it's 2D.

but 3D, once you've bashed out the basics, probably not that much longer either.   It'd just require talented modeler people.

SignOfZeta

IMO 3D platformers aren't very fun most of the time, even when done by very talented people. Aside from Nintendo stuff...there are very few.

Could a homebrew team even begin to deliver something as good as Sonic Adventure 2, a game I consider barely playable due to the amount of time the player spends staring at a wall and swearing at the camera?

It seems like 3D platformers are really fucking hard to make.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/17/2013, 02:02 AMIMO 3D platformers aren't very fun most of the time, even when done by very talented people. Aside from Nintendo stuff...there are very few.

Could a homebrew team even begin to deliver something as good as Sonic Adventure 2, a game I consider barely playable due to the amount of time the player spends staring at a wall and swearing at the camera?

The problem is the cameras.   Dreamcast lacks a way to rotate the camera, aside from either shitty face button controls, or trigger usage.

You could do something that's 3D graphics, with fixed 2D levels and environments, and it would probably be pretty fun.

Like Crash Bandicoot did.  or a hopped up Tomba.

that would be pretty interesting, but it seems like all people want are shmups

mac

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/17/2013, 02:02 AMIMO 3D platformers aren't very fun most of the time, even when done by very talented people. Aside from Nintendo stuff...there are very few.

Agree 3-D platformers as a whole suck and the only exceptions I can think of is Mario Galaxy 1&2. Can't really say much about Mario 64 as I only played it about 10 minutes and decided that controller sucked for me LOL.

If you guys have not tried Gunlord would advise it if you enjoy Turrican style games. Ebay price is ridiculous but imo is better than paying 60 for another FPS.

whisper2053

On the Gunlord note, at least count your blessings that the DC version does not find itself in AES territory that often. It is just crazy that the same exact game has such a divergent price-point.

Good platformers for the DC would be simply amazing. One of the things I actually love most about the PCE (aside from the rpg's) is the plethora of super fun run 'n jumpers. I dunno, call me crazy, but there's just something about wildly colored environments where the challenge is simply to get from start to finish that just grabs me. Bring on the Dreamcast platformers!!
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

Arkhan Asylum

It's still Turrican style, so it can only look pretty.

It won't play good.

I'd like to see a Klonoa style game for DC.   That shouldn't really be outside the realm of possibility, given the right crew.

ElSeven

Quote from: guest on 04/17/2013, 11:25 AMI'd like to see a Klonoa style game for DC.   That shouldn't really be outside the realm of possibility, given the right crew.
this would be great and I bet it could sell very well if executed correctly.  cartoony platformers have universal appeal, assuming the physics and difficulty curve aren't broken.  In almost all threads that discuss the posthumous dc games, there are always people discussing the lack of variety in the non stop shmup parade that the system has enjoyed for the last decade.  an awesome 2D or 2.5D platformer would be a welcome addition as there is definitely a need for it at this point.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Arkhan Asylum

I like shmups, but goddamn.

Its like, thats all people want to make for DC and shit!

lol

Even a puzzle game, or a driving game would be neat.

ElSeven

Quote from: guest on 04/17/2013, 09:49 PMEven a puzzle game, or a driving game would be neat.
Well a little while back there was Rush Rush Rally Racing and also Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles

http://www.rushrushrallyracing.com/
http://www.wind-water.net/

They were not as high profile as the releases by NG:Devteam, but I heard they are pretty good.

Still, I see your point.  The need for great shooters on dreamcast has been satisfied, lets hope these talented devs will move on to other genres.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

mac

Quote from: ElSeven on 04/18/2013, 12:15 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/17/2013, 09:49 PMEven a puzzle game, or a driving game would be neat.
They were not as high profile as the releases by NG:Devteam, but I heard they are pretty good.

Still, I see your point.  The need for great shooters on dreamcast has been satisfied, lets hope these talented devs will move on to other genres.
Would be cool if these guys could fix Geist Force.

/level4zps03a3ec5f.jpg

bartre

the guys who bought that beta did some touching up to it, but that's about it.
it did get a real small homebrew print run, i've got a copy.

mac

Quote from: bartre on 04/18/2013, 07:32 PMthe guys who bought that beta did some touching up to it, but that's about it.
it did get a real small homebrew print run, i've got a copy.
Nice. I remember reading about it a year or so ago.

Nando

Which Saturn platformer would be ideal for a DC sequel/remake?

Arkhan Asylum

bartre

fuck that shit.
Keio Flying Squadron 2.
just do a straight port and improve the turrible voice acting.or god forbid, make it worse...

Nando

GohanX

Fast Striker, Gunlord, and Last Hope Pink Bullets just got reprints on ngdevdirect.com, I'm thinking about picking them up.

I'm not a hardcore Dreamcast collector so I don't feel the need to grab every homebrew out there, but which of these homebrew games are both legitimately good and not ridiculously priced now? Rush Rush Rally was fun, and Fast Striker looks cool.

jlued686

Quote from: Nando on 05/22/2013, 09:51 PMWhich Saturn platformer would be ideal for a DC sequel/remake?
Astal

Nando

So other than better 2D graphics, how could the DC improve on the play-ability of these platformers?