RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

WTB: Xenoblade chronicles for wii

Started by BlackandBlue, 02/17/2013, 12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandBlue

Hi all. I've been on the hunt for xenoblade chronicles and am appalled by the ebay and amazon prices. If anyone has a copy for sale or knows where I can pick one up, please let me know!
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

TheClash603

I was told "you can still get lucky and find this game in Gamestop," by a few people.  I have looked at every Gamestop in a 50 mile radius and I don't believe this is true.

Best of luck if you can find this on the cheap, or even for the MSRP.  I am sure that some point in the near future I am going to get trapped into paying the high ebay or Amazon price, before it just gets higher.

BlackandBlue

I refuse to pay more than $60 - 70 for the game.  I have picked random areas around the US and called a few stores that had shown it was in stock and they are either all onhold for someone (better not be ebay pawning it!) or the online system was wrong.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

TheClash603

When I had a conversation about this game with someone, I think I was told it had sold 300,000 copies.  That's why I am pretty damn shocked it is in the demand it is now, because there are so many out there.

Then again, we are both looking for it, so maybe I shouldn't be so shocked.

BlackandBlue

From looking around other forums it appears everyone but us knew it would sell out and be in high demand.  There were people asking each other how many copies to buy so they can sell them later.  Guess its my own fault for not thinking that way.  Lesson learned, if there is a game I know I will want to play in the future, buy it when it comes out, unless its a mass produced money maker.

Opethian

damn I sold my NOA bundle for what I paid plus shipping wish I woulda know someone was looking on these forums :(
IMG

TR0N

Xenoblade Chronicles had a limited run good luck finding one bb  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bernie

Is your Wii soft modded by chance, so it can run games from a HD?

PikachuWarrior

I still have my copy sealed, and run the iso off my flash drive on the wii. Works perfectly. You can go that route if you can't find it for a good price.

Anyone have actual sales figures? Edit: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/42966/xenoblade-chronicles/

Supposedly at least 383,000 in the US. Wow...

To put in perspective, Metroid Prime Trilogy has .41m in the US: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/34707/metroid-prime-trilogy/

I'm guessing that is 410,000 ? o_o
IMG

BlackandBlue

Yes, my wii is modded, but I usually only put games on the drive I own. I'd rather not get the iso, but they devs kinda force you to with this bs game stop exclusive limited release, now don't they? It kills me that ebay is completely saturated with them and they all go for a $100+.

bob

I think Xeno also found a higher demand when Last Story came out. I could be wrong, but wasn't there some relation between the two?

PikachuWarrior

Besides being two of the three games fans rallied around to get localised in the US (Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower), Xenoblade is considered to be the best out of the bunch.
IMG

futureman2000

I remembered seeing a few copies at a Gamestop last week. I checked there today, and it turns out that they were just placeholders. The tag said 'item may not be available'... and they were not available. I remember reading this article a few years ago... http://blog.pricecharting.com/2011/12/xenoblade-will-be-rare-collectible-game.html

bob

Wasnt it a gamestop exclusive?

Opethian

No I bought mine directly from Nintendo on release day.
IMG

BlackandBlue

I found one by searching random states. The girl that worked there said she will ship it to my store for me,as it was a recent trade and not on the shelves yet. So... Hopefully she follows through and my store doesn't yank it if it does come in. I spoke with two guys that work there and made them aware it was coming and they put me in the book. Here's to hoping I get it next week. I have never had to work this hard for a pretty new game.

futureman2000

Opethian, is Bubb Rubb in your sig?

I'm cool with never playing Xenoblade, I'll just play that similar one coming out for the WiiU (Provided that it gets an English release).

bartre

imo, the game was alright, but Last Story was infinitely better.
that said, my big problem was the voice acting, and the fact that the game was just so damned long.

Opethian

Quote from: futureman2000 on 02/18/2013, 05:46 PMOpethian, is Bubb Rubb in your sig?

I'm cool with never playing Xenoblade, I'll just play that similar one coming out for the WiiU (Provided that it gets an English release).
IMG
Dem whistle tips babay woo woooo!
IMG

jlued686

It's Reyn time!

Yeah, that game is painfully long. I loved it, but never managed to finish it. Good luck!

PikachuWarrior

It was exclusive to Nintendo's online store and Gamestop (in the US). Gamestop came with a soft-cover art book.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: galam on 02/18/2013, 03:21 PMWasnt it a gamestop exclusive?
No as ope stated for a time you could buy it directly from nintendo.That's where i got my copy also.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xcrement5x

You could also try looking for an EU copy, and just use Gecko to play it on your Wii.  They may be less in demand than the US copy.  I bought my US copy to support the release but never opened it because I already had the EU version. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)