Orange Label TG games

Started by bob, 02/24/2013, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Looking at my collection, it occurred to me that I have almost the entire set of Orange Label games in my collection.
This was never a "goal" of mine, but seems to have worked out this way.  I'm 5 away from all of them...

Dungeon Explorer
Takin It to the Hoop
Ordyne
Cybercore
R-Type
Motoroader

Edit:  JJ & Jeff needed also

Out of all of them, I find myself going to Blazing Lazers and Alien Crush the most.  Am I correct in the assumption that these were the first run of games for the system?  Either way, what's your favorite orange label game?

Dyna138

Yeah those were the first fun of US releases. Off the top of my head my favorite would have to be Legendary Axe or Dungeon Explorer. Maybe I'm forgetting some though  :)

csgx1

Military Madness.  One of my all time favorite games.

tpivette

Legendary Axe, Neutopia, Blazing Lazers, and Dungeon Explorer were my absolute favorites growing up. They still have that fun factor today.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Keith Courage

I actually prefer the orange labels over the updated colored ones. Not sure why they changed it.

MrFlutterPie

I like the orange labels because they look retro cool.  However, I do prefer the updated colour coded labels.

bob

Quote from: Keith Courage on 02/24/2013, 09:28 PMI actually prefer the orange labels over the updated colored ones. Not sure why they changed it.
The colored ones started showing up in 1990, right?

Corredor X

I like the font in the orange labels more than the later ones, that's more TG16ish to me. One question: are there variants in the labels? Like an orange one re-released as colored or different colored ones for the same game?

VestCunt

Quote from: galam on 02/24/2013, 09:33 PMThe colored ones started showing up in 1990, right?
Look at the copyrights!
Quote from: Corredor X on 02/24/2013, 09:58 PMI like the font in the orange labels more than the later ones, that's more TG16ish to me. One question: are there variants in the labels? Like an orange one re-released as colored or different colored ones for the same game?
There are no Turbochip label variations. The TG wasn't popular enough to get many reprints. Ys, Champions Forever, and DEII are the only confirmed ones that have been discussed around here.
Topic Adjourned.

bob

Quote from: guest on 02/25/2013, 03:59 AM
Quote from: galam on 02/24/2013, 09:33 PMThe colored ones started showing up in 1990, right?
Look at the copyrights!
I could, but it feels more conversational to ask the question on the forum.

majors

I'm jelly that ppl have labels to look at. I've been scoring so many loose Hu's that I forget what CIB is.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

SuperPlay

Post edited as I worked out that this thread is about the game case and not the box ;-)

FiftyQuid

You guys are going to laugh, but Keith Courage in Alpha Zones will always hold a special place in my "orange" collection.  Other than Bonk's Adventure, which I completed in less than a day, and Splatterhouse which still scares the heck out of me... the only other game I had in those initial weeks of my TG-16 glory was KC.  For what it was, I really enjoyed the game.  I think it holds the record for longest 'orange' title as well.  I haven't looked into this though so I'm probably wrong. :D
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

psychobear

Quote from: galam on 02/24/2013, 02:24 PMOut of all of them, I find myself going to Blazing Lazers and Alien Crush the most.  Am I correct in the assumption that these were the first run of games for the system?  Either way, what's your favorite orange label game?
These are the 2 games I always find my self going back to on a daily basis, and I honestly like the orange labels better, I don't think any of the games have variants they are all the same

seieienbu

Is there a complete list of orange label games?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

glazball

Shouldn't take but a minute to make a list, not sure why we'd need one though other than to have a new list of something!

I like the font on the orange labels, but I think I prefer the colored labels just a bit more.  If they had stuck with orange only, looking at too many Turbo games at once could damage your eyes!

Oh yeah, favorite orangey:  Blazing Lazers.  Duh.

OK, I'm bored.  Here's a list, 27 games:

Alien Crush
Blazing Lazers
China Warrior
Cratermaze
Cyber-Core
Deep Blue
Dragon Spirit
Dungeon Explorer
Fantasy Zone
Final Lap Twin
Galaga '90
JJ & Jeff
Keith Courage
Legendary Axe
Military Madness
Moto Roader
Neutopia
Ordyne
Pac-Land
Power Golf
R-Type
Space Harrier
Takin it to the Hoop
Victory Run
Vigilante
World Class Baseball
World Court Tennis
glazball's game collection and wantlist

bob

DAMN IT!!!
I forgot JJ & Jeff....I need 6

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Dyna138

Lots of classics in the orange labels, looking at that list I forgot about Neutopia...and R-Type. I love R-Type if only it would let me win. I get to stage 5 or 6 just fine then It's all down hill from there.

rrob78

my favorite orange label games are also Blazing Lazers and Alien Crush!

esteban

STATUS: As indicated by l'asterisk, the following l'orange gametes are worth of EVERYONE's attention...

* Alien Crush
* Blazing Lazers
* China Warrior
* Cratermaze
* Cyber-Core
Deep Blue
* Dragon Spirit
* Dungeon Explorer
Fantasy Zone
* Final Lap Twin
* Galaga '90
* JJ & Jeff
Keith Courage
* Legendary Axe
* Military Madness
* Moto Roader
* Neutopia
Ordyne
Pac-Land
Power Golf
* R-Type
* Space Harrier
Takin it to the Hoop
* Victory Run
* Vigilante
World Class Baseball
World Court Tennis

Le Notes:

I have spoken.

Sorry, Fantasy Zone is not worthy. China Warrior is (suck my left one).

TIMEBALL IS WORTHY AND SHOULD BE ON LIST. Wait, you're telling me it was a later release? Really? Wow. What about DROP ROCK (unworthy)? Trick Kick (worthy)? Hmmmm, my memory must be bad...

With only a handful of true duds, that's pretty good. NOT all of the remaining (non-asterisked) games are duds. BUT DEEP BLUE IS LE DUD.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG