OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Anyone try Monster Hunter 3: Ultamite for the Wii U?

Started by tpivette, 03/23/2013, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpivette

Picked up a Wii U last weekend and am trying to pick out a few games for it. The graphics and gameplay of this game look pretty cool, but I can't decide if it's a RPG, or an action game, or both. The online capability doesn't matter to me as I'm not into that aspect... how is it as a single player game? To those who have played or who own it, would you recommend buying this?
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Dalder

I bought this game and Lego City UnderCover this week for Wii U. I still have not opened them yet but I should open them up and play them this weekend !!! :D.

TheClash603

There was another thread talking about this game already...  but since I am too lazy to find it...

I said I wasn't going to buy the game, but Target had buy 2 get 1 free so I caved.  I put 2 hours into the game so far and not really anything has happened.  At this point I am not the most impressed, I don't think it controls that well.  For example, when you try to talk to someone in town, my guy kept running past the NPC and I had to run in a circle for 30 seconds to get in the right spot.

Also, to play co-op locally you need to have a 3DS and an extra copy of the game.  The fact there isn't split screen co-op is a bummer...  but they should've at least given it 2 player co-op for one on TV and one on the gamepad.  If $40 Sonic Racing (great game) can pull that off, this game should be able to as well.

I will put more time into the game, because it is the large monster hunts later that are supposed to be thrilling.  However, right now I am a bit disappointed.

tpivette

Saw the other thread, but figured that was just a place to share usernames for online gatherings, and not really to talk about or review the game itself.

I'm probably picking this one up tomorrow, but doubt I'll dive into it until next weekend.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate