OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Ootake Black Screen

Started by fabio, 03/24/2013, 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabio

I'm trying to give Ootake a try to see how it compares with Magic Engine. I tried to load a couple of roms, but all I get is a black screen after I pick my rom file. Both of the roms that I tried worked without difficulty in Magic Engine. I did wait a few minutes just to see if it was a matter of being painfully slow, but nothing ever appeared. Any ideas what I may be missing? I'm running XP SP3.

OldMan

On the initial 'green' screen, where you choose what kind of game to play...
Go to option, then pick direct-draw in the window settings, third line. I could never get it to work with direct 3-d mode. For the record, mine says:

Start window Mode
TV Mode (Fast, default)
Use Direct Draw (Old)
VSync 59-61 Hz (Beauty, Default)

See if that works for you.

fabio

Thanks! That did the trick.

Arkhan Asylum

Yup.  We never did figure out why your Ootake hates Direct3D.

Also, if you ever upgrade to Windows 7, make sure you enable the option that disables Aero theme.   The Aero theme does actually interfere slightly with Ootake, and makes everything just a bit too latency-filled.

You'll notice it if you try playing obnoxious shooters.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!