What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csgx1

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 05/18/2014, 10:36 PMI got Solder Blade SPECIAL as a Bday present from my wife, she sources it from Yahoo JP :) now to get a few more special cards :)
Cool Bday gift and a very cool wife to source and buy it for you. 8)

Cogwheels

Bought my first ever PC Engine last week, a Core Grafx2 with a Super CDROM2. Cost me a bit too much really but bothered.

Then went and bought a bunch of hucards, R-Type, Fantasy Zone, Peachboy, Jackie Chan & New Zealand Story.

Can't wait to get playing with this (after an RGB mod, of course) :mrgreen:

PixyJunket

I ordered these a month ago and they finally arrived.

IMG
Drink Craft Beer and Play PC-Engine.
Compile, Westone and Falcom.

Bardoly

Quote from: csgx1 on 05/19/2014, 01:00 AM
Quote from: mrhaboobi on 05/18/2014, 10:36 PMI got Solder Blade SPECIAL as a Bday present from my wife, she sources it from Yahoo JP :) now to get a few more special cards :)
Cool Bday gift and a very cool wife to source and buy it for you. 8)
^^Mega dittos.  (On both being a cool birthday gift AND on having a cool wife to do that for you.   =D> =D> =D>

Quote from: PixyJunket on 05/22/2014, 06:08 PMI ordered these a month ago and they finally arrived.

IMG
Nice pickups!

I picked up a couple more PC Engine games...

/8d48.jpg

Black Hole Assault and Dead of the Brain 1 & 2, both with spine cards.

This bumps me up to 629 in my Turbo/PC Engine libray which is #17 on Pcedaisakusen!.   :dance: :dance: :dance:
I just passed dfw, whoever he is.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

HailingTheThings

IMG

PixyJunket

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/23/2014, 01:30 AMWoah, there be some butt, wow.
Both of these games are heavy on the cheesecake, oh yes.

reson8er

I'm pretty stoked to have 4 games I bought off Japangamestock waiting for me at the post office today.
They are:

Download
Image Fight
Macross 2036
Iga Ninja Gaou

Lot's pf PC Engine goodness for the long weekend.

PixyJunket

Quote from: reson8er on 05/23/2014, 10:15 AMI'm pretty stoked to have 4 games I bought off Japangamestock waiting for me at the post office today.
They are:

Download
Image Fight
Macross 2036
Iga Ninja Gaou

How much did you get Macross 2036 for? I'm trying to find a copy of that of less than eBay prices.

xcrement5x

Quote from: PixyJunket on 05/23/2014, 09:18 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/23/2014, 01:30 AMWoah, there be some butt, wow.
Both of these games are heavy on the cheesecake, oh yes.
Heh, Basted has been on buy list for awhile just cause of that ;)

reson8er

Quote from: PixyJunket on 05/23/2014, 10:50 AM
Quote from: reson8er on 05/23/2014, 10:15 AMI'm pretty stoked to have 4 games I bought off Japangamestock waiting for me at the post office today.
They are:

Download
Image Fight
Macross 2036
Iga Ninja Gaou

How much did you get Macross 2036 for? I'm trying to find a copy of that of less than eBay prices.
It was about the same as the going ebay rate( I payed $42), but a couple other games were less than ebay. I mainly saved on shipping by buying them from the same location.

dingsbums

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/22/2014, 06:35 PMI picked up a couple more PC Engine games...
/8d48.jpg
Where did you get the Dead of the Brain 1&2 ? I'm looking for a normal priced complete one for years now  ](*,) :? :P.

Nando

I both hate and love looking that this thread. What awesome pick ups!

Bardoly

Quote from: dingsbums on 05/23/2014, 03:40 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 05/22/2014, 06:35 PMI picked up a couple more PC Engine games...
/8d48.jpg
Where did you get the Dead of the Brain 1&2 ? I'm looking for a normal priced complete one for years now  ](*,) :? :P.
I made a $200.00 offer on a $300.00 listing on feebay, and my offer was accepted.  I'm not thrilled about paying that much for it, but such is life.  At least the guy gave me the shipping free, even though I didn't ask for it.  I got the two games together for $210 shipped.  Unless a forum member here will give someone a break, I don't think it's findable for under $200 nowadays.  :(

esteban

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/23/2014, 08:25 PM
Quote from: dingsbums on 05/23/2014, 03:40 PM
/8d48.jpg
I made a $200.00 offer on a $300.00 listing on feebay, and my offer was accepted.  I'm not thrilled about paying that much for it, but such is life.  At least the guy gave me the shipping free, even though I didn't ask for it.  I got the two games together for $210 shipped.  Unless a forum member here will give someone a break, I don't think it's findable for under $200 nowadays.  :(
NOT A SINGLE PERSON COMMENTED ON THE FACT THAT YOU WANTED Blackhole Assault. The only enjoyment from that game was listening to the story (all the cinemas are narrated in English). It's not a good story, but who cares? I am such a dumf&ck, I actually bought Sega CD version of Blackhole Assault to see if it was as bad.

It was.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

reson8er

They are:

Download
Image Fight
Macross 2036
Iga Ninja Gaou

Just finished checking out the games I received, download is pretty awesome! Anyway, I also wanted to warn anyone who may think of purchasing from Japangamestock.

The games I received, while in "acceptable" quality, are far from perfect, and nowhere was that noted when I purchase them. Each game shows at least some signs of ware,  and would likely be considered B graded in the best case and probably C in the worst case.

I personally would not buy from them again as there is no way to know exactly what the quality be based on the info their site offers. If I have a chance tis weekend I'll post some pics of the games.

ahuffman

Received my PCE Duo-R today along with Dragon Spirit and Valis II. Can't wait to spend some more time with this beast.

esteban

Quote from: ahuffman on 05/23/2014, 10:03 PMReceived my PCE Duo-R today along with Dragon Spirit and Valis II. Can't wait to spend some more time with this beast.
Awesome.

Dragon Spirit is great game if you dig old-skool shoot-em-ups. The only shame is that at some points, the silly sound effects (surface attack)  will override a channel of music, thereby ruining full appreciation of tunes (since you'll spend a lot of time attacking the surface). Some folks complain about speed of dragon (too slow), but that is the formula in countless classic shoot-em-ups (ie Gradius, R-Type, etc)...the speed-up power-up is actually VALUABLE.

Valis is a very basic, easy platformer that I still love. Great music, my first CD-ROM GAME. HA!

dingsbums

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/23/2014, 08:25 PMI made a $200.00 offer on a $300.00 listing on feebay, and my offer was accepted.  I'm not thrilled about paying that much for it, but such is life.  At least the guy gave me the shipping free, even though I didn't ask for it.  I got the two games together for $210 shipped.  Unless a forum member here will give someone a break, I don't think it's findable for under $200 nowadays.  :(
Thanks for letting me know. 150 Euro (200$) would be the absolute maximum I would pay for it. Since it's nearly impossible to play as a non Japanese speaker I would love to get one in the 100 - 130 Euro (140 - 180 $) ballpark :) but that will be tough to pull off nowadays. The tragic thing is - around 2000 I bought the game for 150 Deutsche Mark (that was our currency before the damn Euro) - that's 75 Euro :( - two years later I sold it (which was really dumb).
I got to have it alone for the fact that it was the last PCE game + the artstyle is really great :).

PixyJunket

tiptopjames

Not today, but earlier this week I got Rayxanber III in the mail! It's actually delayed me sending my Duo R to keithcourage for some sweet sweet component mod

Bardoly

PixyJunket

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/24/2014, 11:15 PMNice!
Play the 'Cook's Quest' in Minesweeper.
That's what actually convinced me to get it (also, it was cheap).

NightWolve

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/22/2014, 06:35 PM/8d48.jpg

Dead of the Brain 1 & 2, both with spine cards.:roll: :roll: :roll:
And there she is, the absolute final CD pressed for the PC Engine in 1999: Dead of the Brain I&II... David Shadoff was actually working on a fan translation project for that once, but it stalled and has long since been forgotten I guess.

shubibiman

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/01/2014, 06:18 AM

And there she is, the absolute final CD pressed for the PC Engine in 1997: Dead of the Brain I&II... David Shadoff was actually working on a fan translation project for that once, but it stalled and has long since been forgotten I guess.

And oh! The french version has been over for almost 3 years and is still waiting to be implemented. Sometimes, some people wonder why there are not more translations of PCE games. When you spend 5 years on and off translating a game, and the translation is not implemented, it doesn't help you try and translate any more games.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 06/01/2014, 09:37 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 06/01/2014, 06:18 AM

And there she is, the absolute final CD pressed for the PC Engine in 1997: Dead of the Brain I&II... David Shadoff was actually working on a fan translation project for that once, but it stalled and has long since been forgotten I guess.

And oh! The french version has been over for almost 3 years and is still waiting to be implemented. Sometimes, some people wonder why there are not more translations of PCE games. When you spend 5 years on and off translating a game, and the translation is not implemented, it doesn't help you try and translate any more games.
I didn't know about the French translation. Ha!

NightWolve

Ah, right you are, shubibiman, I was thinking of '97 cause of Motteke Tamago, that free pack-in game released in a PC Engine magazine. 1999 is even harder to believe that one last PC Engine CD title managed to roll out. I think PC-FX was already dying at that point.

@esteban, I believe David had some understanding with his team, that it'd get translated to French first or something. Looks like shubi knows something about it and might be able to elaborate.

Bardoly

My first order through GOODY-JAPAN just arrived today!
Click on the photos for full-size pictures.

IMG
1941 - Counter Attack SuperGrafx

IMG
Chiki Chiki Boys PC Engine

IMG
Go! Go! Birdie Chance PC Engine

IMG
Madou Monogatari - Hono No Sotsuengo PC Engine

IMG
Seiya Monogatari  - Anearth Fantasy Stories Taikenban CD-ROM & BOOK Vol. 3

IMG
Terra Cresta II PC Engine

IMG
The TV Show PC Engine

IMG
Travel Eple PC Engine
(also known as Travel Epuru)

I had never used a proxy service before this purchase, so I was somewhat hesitant to order through them, but I had read that other forum members here had used GOODY-JAPAN before successfully multiple times, so I figured that I'd give it a shot.  I actually paid for the shipping on last Friday morning, and the well-packaged box arrived at my place today.  That seems rather fast, but I was excited to sign for it!   8)

Edit: Fixed photo links

syphic

Awesome pick up Bardoly! Games look great! How was the pricing after shipping and fee's and all?
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

reson8er

Can't wait till work is over today.

Tatsujin.jpg

Bardoly

Quote from: syphic on 06/04/2014, 12:46 PMAwesome pick up Bardoly! Games look great! How was the pricing after shipping and fee's and all?
Definitely not as good as I had hoped, but overall, I believe that I beat the current online prices by a little.  (I'm sure that I could have gotten them a bit cheaper if I could have gotten them from a member here, or in person, but all but one (Travel Eple) of the games is rather hard to come by and they just rarely ever show up here for sale.  :(

Shipping included, I paid about the following:
~$230 for 1941
~$205 each for Madou Monogatari and Terra Cresta II
~$135 each for Chiki Chiki Boys and The TV Show
~$80 for Go! Go! Birdie Chance
~$65 for Seiya Monogatari (Anearth Fantasy Stories) Taikenban Mook (CD + Book)
~$10 for Travel Eple ($5 for the game and $5 for the shipping)

My wallet is rather flat now, but my game library is happy.   :|

syphic

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/04/2014, 05:30 PM
Quote from: syphic on 06/04/2014, 12:46 PMAwesome pick up Bardoly! Games look great! How was the pricing after shipping and fee's and all?
Definitely not as good as I had hoped, but overall, I believe that I beat the current online prices by a little.  (I'm sure that I could have gotten them a bit cheaper if I could have gotten them from a member here, or in person, but all but one (Travel Eple) of the games is rather hard to come by and they just rarely ever show up here for sale.  :(

~$230 for 1941

Not bad and you got games you really wanted. May give that site a try. Thanks for the info.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

Trenton_net

Quote from: syphic on 06/04/2014, 06:42 PM
Quote from: syphic on 06/04/2014, 12:46 PM
Quote from: syphicAwesome pick up Bardoly! Games look great! How was the pricing after shipping and fee's and all?

~$230 for 1941

Not bad and you got games you really wanted. May give that site a try. Thanks for the info.
Congrats for the haul too! I dunno about the other games, but I think you could have done better with 1941 if you held out. On Amazon Japan multiple sellers are offering the game cheaper. (as low as ¥9,650, which is about 100 bucks)

Bardoly

Quote from: Trenton_net on 06/04/2014, 08:57 PM
Quote from: syphicAwesome pick up Bardoly! Games look great! How was the pricing after shipping and fee's and all?

~$230 for 1941

Congrats for the haul too! I dunno about the other games, but I think you could have done better with 1941 if you held out. On Amazon Japan multiple sellers are offering the game cheaper. (as low as ¥9,650, which is about 100 bucks)
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

That's usually the way it goes.
My understanding is that the only way to buy through Amazon Japan is through a proxy service, and since this was my first time to use a proxy service, I wanted to have as few wrinkles as possible.  I actually only wanted to get Madou Monogatari and the Anearth Fantasy Stories Mook at first, because they were at the very top of my want list, but when I was browsing through Surugaya's stock, I saw the other 6 which I really had been wanting as well for quite a while, and I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I'm still rather newbish at buying things internationally outside of eBay and somewhat afraid of being ripped off, so since altogether I think  [-o<  that I got a decent if average deal, I'll keep my chin up.   :-"

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/04/2014, 09:57 PM
Quote from: Trenton_net on 06/04/2014, 08:57 PM

~$230 for 1941

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

That's usually the way it goes.
My understanding is that the only way to buy through Amazon Japan is through a proxy service, and since this was my first time to use a proxy service, I wanted to have as few wrinkles as possible.  I actually only wanted to get Madou Monogatari and the Anearth Fantasy Stories Mook at first, because they were at the very top of my want list, but when I was browsing through Surugaya's stock, I saw the other 6 which I really had been wanting as well for quite a while, and I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I'm still rather newbish at buying things internationally outside of eBay and somewhat afraid of being ripped off, so since altogether I think  [-o<  that I got a decent if average deal, I'll keep my chin up.   :-"
Chi chi boys is fat, mind you have only played the genises port.

In fact Otis the first genesis games bought since I  started buying genesis games (Nintendo boy originally) about a year and a half ago......

Pretty good gem if I may say so.....

Bardoly

Number 500!  In my PC Engine library on PCE Daisakusen!  (Number 640 total including TG-16 releases.)

And ironically enough, it's one of the harder-to-acquire titles.  8)

IMG
Magical Chase Fan Edition PC Engine
Thanks to jperryss!

Also numbers 501(641) and 502(642).

IMG
Final Zone II and Valis II PC Engine
Also thanks to jperryss!

That brings my Obey libray up to 642/884.  Although, I do realize that PCE Daisakusen! has not been updated with the recent indie releases yet.  :(

Edit:  Corrected a spelling mistake.

Trenton_net

Impressive! Especially after how much expensive stuff you just recently bought, as I know Magical Chase isn't exactly cheap. :-)

synbiosfan

I just received notice that Insanity is on it's way 8)

esadajr

My most recent Obey acquisitions

/w346-h260/14%2B-%2B1
Gaming since 1985

Bardoly

Quote from: Trenton_net on 06/09/2014, 04:26 PMImpressive! Especially after how much expensive stuff you just recently bought, as I know Magical Chase isn't exactly cheap. :-)
Well, I've pretty much shot my wad for now, and maybe I shouldn't have spent the money on these, but I wanted to help jperrys out with his sale...

... either that, or I'm addicted to Obey!   :-"

termis

Sorry for the crap pic, but you get the point...
IMG

Had a quick 3-day stop in Kansai, and had a peek inside some retro shops in Denden Town & Namba and grabbed a few I've been meaning to get over the years.  I guess super potato moved near Namba station?  I noticed that there were shutters down in their denden town location, but by complete fluke, I ran across a super potato shop by Namba station.

I got TWO copies of LoX I because... the super potato in Namba forgot to put the CD in the game!  This is actually the case with Cosmic Fantasy 4-1 as well.  I later looked at the receipt and noticed they didn't charge me for those games either...  Unfortunately I didn't have time to go back to Namba and getting the discs before I had to leave - and I could only find a replacement copy for LoX1 at another shop before leaving. 

Anyway, the inventory of PCE goods in retro shops definitely doesn't seem to be as extensive as it used to be back when I was living there (2004-2005) - too bad.

Nando

Quote from: esadajr on 06/10/2014, 12:46 PMMy most recent Obey acquisitions
/14%2B-%2B1
I really enjoy playing Burning Fest, have you tried VG Advanced yet? I've never played it.

esadajr

It's nit like the best fighter ever but still a fun one, with better controls than Pretty Fighter X.

The one I havent played yet believe it or not is Asuka.
Gaming since 1985

Nando

Quote from: esadajr on 06/12/2014, 05:32 PMIt's nit like the best fighter ever but still a fun one, with better controls than Pretty Fighter X.

The one I havent played yet believe it or not is Asuka.
Asuka is quite a blast to play, the characters are varied and their moves are a riot to pull off. One is a chemist student and she sends her frog after you. Another one throws volleyballs at you, and yet another one has that twirlie acrobatic ribbon thing you see at the olympics.

monads

This bad boy showed up the other day  :mrgreen:  Love the action on this game. 

photobucket .com/albums/pp188/monads_bucket/IMG_3617.jpg

toktogul

I went shopping in Sendai area :) (I ordered Star Parodier for this week's GOTW)
PCEHaul6-22-2014.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ydQIVjY.jpg

And I got a pc engine duo R for 100$ at my local video game store. It was my lucky pc engine week.
PCEngineDuo-R.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NFWfljO.jpg

Tatsujin

Quote from: monads on 06/21/2014, 06:07 PMThis bad boy showed up the other day  :mrgreen:  Love the action on this game. 
/monads_bucket/IMG_3617.jpg
congrats for getting the best console only shewty there ever was, still is and ever will be :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SuperPlay

Recent Game adds:

IMG

Recent OST adds:

IMG

Trenton_net

Faussete Amour - 8,250円

FausseteAmour.webp
https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

reson8er

Just received Metamor Jupiter.

Absolutely love Old School style anime art, so beautiful.

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: SuperPlay on 06/22/2014, 07:11 AMRecent OST adds:

IMG
Nice!  Have you (or anyone else that trolls Japanese markets) ever seen a Gotzendiener OST for sale?   Me wanty.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!