OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broonage

Digi.k

Quote from: broonage on 07/19/2016, 07:45 AM2016-07-16%2017.04.25.jpg
I hope you didn't pay too much for that dracula!  It would have been just as good to have downloaded and burned to a blank CD.  but then it seems as though this is one instance where the reproduction may end up more than the original game!

NecroPhile

It's only worth buying if it came with an energy drink six pack and rubber stake dildo.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/19/2016, 09:25 AMbut then it seems as though this is one instance where the reproduction may end up more than the original game!
Man, people are so fucking stupid if this happens.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 07/19/2016, 09:29 AMIt's only worth buying if it came with an energy drink six pack and rubber stake dildo.
I'll have to borrow that line from ya some time. :lol:

broonage

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/19/2016, 09:25 AM
Quote from: broonage on 07/19/2016, 07:45 AM/x-EUeU68QLn8YyyCvNHit
I hope you didn't pay too much for that dracula!  It would have been just as good to have downloaded and burned to a blank CD.  but then it seems as though this is one instance where the reproduction may end up more than the original game!
50€, so a lot cheaper than the original. It includes an English translation disk too.

Medic_wheat

I got one of those star soldier competition time hu cards.

I think I'll just bother with the roms instead and my everdrive to try out the others.

jtucci31

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/21/2016, 09:28 AMI got one of those star soldier competition time hu cards.

I think I'll just bother with the roms instead and my everdrive to try out the others.
So you bought one of those special caravan cards just to play it on your ever drive?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/21/2016, 11:49 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/21/2016, 09:28 AMI got one of those star soldier competition time hu cards.

So you bought one of those special caravan cards just to play it on your ever drive?
Not exactly. I bought one of those cards because it was like $80 plus shipping only to realize there wasn't very much interest in it and will try the other games on my everdrive instead of buying another one. I think there are three of these caravan hi card games in total.

exodus

exodus

Today I got Dead Moon from Gynt's raffle!!

The game is a lot more satisfying than I expected - I like the little backstory it starts with, and then the visual storytelling in the first stage, having the moon behind you at all times, looking a bit as though it's been crashed into. Then you fight your way up there - it's nice! Haven't beaten it yet, though, the mortars on the moon stage really get me! their hitboxes are kind of ambiguous.

JapanTokei

i found a CIB unopened Bonk 3 (PC Genjin 3) for 6000 yen a few weeks back  :mrgreen:

schweaty

had some turbo/pce loveliness waiting for me when i got back to the states

IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/22/2016, 09:50 PMi found a CIB unopened Bonk 3 (PC Genjin 3) for 6000 yen a few weeks back  :mrgreen:
Was that the original sale price of it back then?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DieMonkeys

I got the PC Engine I ordered from Japan in the mail today.  Now I just need games or a Turbo Everdrive.

https://imgur.com/a/GQZ1p
PCEngine1.webp

xcrement5x

Quote from: DieMonkeys on 07/26/2016, 10:39 PMI got the PC Engine I ordered from Japan in the mail today.  Now I just need games or a Turbo Everdrive.

Original model without turbo switches even!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2016, 12:52 PM
Quote from: DieMonkeys on 07/26/2016, 10:39 PMI got the PC Engine I ordered from Japan in the mail today.  Now I just need games or a Turbo Everdrive.
PCEngine1.webp
Awesome!

I will take that controller from you when you aren't looking.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SavagePencil

I got my Duo back, all not squeaky and shit and now with a friendly little switch instead of my falling-apart Kisado converter!  Thank you, KeithCourage!

DieMonkeys

Quote from: esteban on 07/27/2016, 04:57 PM

Awesome!

Good luck with that.  I've been searching for a TG16 for years now and finally caved and ordered a PCE (because it's way cooler looking in the briefcase with the cd addon) from Japan.  Now I'm just waiting on my Turbo Everdrive and once I verify everything works I'm going to mod it for s-video.

jtucci31

It's been a good summer for PCE games. Thanks MNKyDeth for Aldynes and Final Soldier and thanks nectarsis for Spriggan and Dragon's Curse. It always feels good to get some new shooters in the mix  8)
IMG

Gypsy

Play Spriggan asap, it does not disappoint. :D

jtucci31

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/04/2016, 06:10 PMPlay Spriggan asap, it does not disappoint. :D
Played it a little this morning, it's great! The power ups were confusing at first but pretty unique once you get the hang of it.

How many stages is it?

Gypsy

Yeah the way the power-ups work is one of my favourite things about it.

6 stages iirc.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: esteban on 07/27/2016, 04:57 PM
PCEngine1.webp
Awesome!

Wow, i never knew that the PCE originally didn't have Turbo Switches!!  Is that a rare controller or just a nice oddity to have?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 08/05/2016, 08:50 AMIs that a rare controller or just a nice oddity to have?
Both, I guess.  They're much less common than controllers with turboswitches, as every 'normal' (not a mouse, illustbooster, or pachinko) controller later produced had turbos; but it's just an oddity, not something that makes any difference in game play and a must have.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/05/2016, 09:42 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 08/05/2016, 08:50 AMIs that a rare controller or just a nice oddity to have?
Both, I guess.  They're much less common than controllers with turboswitches, as every 'normal' (not a mouse, illustbooster, or pachinko) controller later produced had turbos; but it's just an oddity, not something that makes any difference in game play and a must have.
I have been using a turbo-less controller for years...it probably would frustrate folks who rely on autofire for certain games...

Even I want to use autofire for some shootemups :)

I am not a 24/7 masochist... But there are times when I am.

Gypsy

DieMonkeys

I got my Turbo Everdrive!  It wasn't today but rather the morning before I left for a business trip.  The smallest SD card I have is a 4gb one, it's so much overkill.  I'm surprised at how good Street Fighter II looks.  Now I need to decide whether to mod the system for S-Video or wait until I get the CD-ROM^2 and IFU and figure out how to mod that.

Digi.k

recent stuff

/AB7E8A51-6EF1-4CD1-85B7-4629E2C990F0.jpg

Vimtoman

Quote from: esteban on 08/05/2016, 09:47 AM
I have been using a turbo-less controller for years...it probably would frustrate folks who rely on autofire for certain games...

I think we need a picture of that esteban thumb.

I guess you must have Popeye like muscles around the thumb.

esteban

Quote from: Vimtoman on 08/07/2016, 04:21 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/05/2016, 09:47 AM

I think we need a picture of that esteban thumb.

I guess you must have Popeye like muscles around the thumb.
I think I'll have to include my technique in a Doodle video. I actually use the inside of my thumb (opposite side of thumb knuckle) to hyper fast press button I or II

broonage

As previously said in the Sega thread I got some Sega games plus a couple of other great shooters:

• Altered Beast
  • Golden Axe
  • Winds of Thunder
  • Side Arms

I love Side Arms and WOT is so advanced!! Love the 90's heavy metal soundtrack.

Digi.k

Got a game guide for Valkyrie no Densetsu.

ValkyrieNoDensetsu.jpg

shugs81

Game haul

GameHaul-2016.webp
https://i.imgur.com/sXqfxej.jpg

Probs not exciting to most but as I haven't even got my PC engine yet I'm pretty chuffed with them!! :D

NecroPhile

Splatterhouse, Bonk, and R-Type!  Fuck yeah!

edamame

This sweet briefcase setup!

PCECDIFU.webp

TheAlphaOmegaX3

Gypsy

Got my IFU back from Keith all modded up and a scart cable from Mickcris. Excellent work from both. Was playing Spriggan again which made me :D

martinine

My bud came to visit from Japan bearing gifts of Parodius, Kunio Kun Soccer, and SF2 Dash. All really fantastic. Thanks bud.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

edamame

I got an NEC Avenue Pad 3, but one of the buttons is kinda dead :/ I'll try to salvage a rubber membrane from another controller later.

Flare65

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

I was browsing fleebay a week ago and saw this on a newly posted Buy it now.  Paid 35.00 shipped for it.  Not sure what they go for and I rarely see them.  Thought it would go well with my Shuttle.  Now I just need a HuCard that writes to backup memory to test it with.

NecroPhile

But the pilot can't see!  He gonna crash!!!

xcrement5x

You just bought a backup fuel reserve for your Shuttle.

esteban

edamame

Got my first PC Engine game in the mail today. After agonizing over what game to get for weeks, I ended up going with Splatterhouse.

esteban

Quote from: edamame on 09/23/2016, 01:17 AMGot my first PC Engine game in the mail today. After agonizing over what game to get for weeks, I ended up going with Splatterhouse.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
It's a fun game. :)

Perfect for October (as someone mentioned on another thread).

edamame

As a Friday the 13th fan, I've liked this game/series for years and wanted to specifically get the PC Engine version :)

I'm really happy to have a physical copy after so long, so now I want to play the hell out of it and git gud.

esteban

NecroPhile

esteban