10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Raffle time: Bloody Wolf. WINNER CHOSEN!!!!

Started by munchiaz, 05/07/2013, 01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

I recently got a copy with the case and manual, so i no longer need the loose copy i have. If i can remember i won this in a raffle myself awhile back. So its time to pass it on to another community member. The Hu is in good shape, and the game plays just fine. Pretty fun pick up and play game.

Rules:
Must have at least 50 post count by the end of the raffle
If another copy falls on your door step, please raffle this one back to the community
Shipping will be paid by me. If you are international, we will split the shipping 50/50
Winner will be chosen on 5/27/13

Good luck every one  :P

Entrants:
whisper2053
EvilEvoIX
Aggie Tsubi
rrob78
esadajr
Damon Plus

Congrats to EvilEvoIX for winning the raffle. I will be sending you a PM soon.

IMG

whisper2053

May just seems to be a great month around here. Or maybe it's just that the pcenginefx crew is just awesome all year round? From what I've seen, I'm guessing probably the latter. Sign me up please!
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

Bardoly

I already have this one, so don't sign me up, but kudos to you for the raffle!

420GOAT

kudos for the raffle...this game is tight!
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

EvilEvoIX

This is my favorite Turbo Game.  I need THIS!!!!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Aggie Tsubi

I remember trying this out via emulation a long time ago and having a blast. It'd be awesome to have the real deal, so I'd like to be signed up please. :)

rrob78

bob

Heres a question: Bloody wolf or Last Alert?
Dont sign me up, but nice of you to offer a good one!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: galam on 05/08/2013, 06:59 PMHeres a question: Bloody wolf or Last Alert?
Bloody Wold by a Mile.  I've been running through Last Alert for a while now, what a shitty game.  Thank god it is in Japanese or else I would understand the shitty dialog.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/08/2013, 07:10 PM
Quote from: galam on 05/08/2013, 06:59 PMHeres a question: Bloody wolf or Last Alert?
Bloody Wold by a Mile.  I've been running through Last Alert for a while now, what a shitty game.  Thank god it is in Japanese or else I would understand the shitty dialog. 
I think im on the last alert side of the fence.  It has CD graphics.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: galam on 05/08/2013, 07:15 PM
the Grafx are poor at best.  Not quite "CD" quality.  Just cd quality music and poor cut scenes.
IMGIMGIMG

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/08/2013, 09:52 PM
Quote from: galam on 05/08/2013, 07:15 PM
the Grafx are poor at best.  Not quite "CD" quality.  Just cd quality music and poor cut scenes.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I don't think you got it.

esadajr

I love cheesy voice acting! please sign me up. +1
Gaming since 1985

turbokon

I have both games and I think bloody wolf is "funner":)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jlued686

Bloody Wolf is a bloody great game! One of my favorites for the Turbo. Great raffle! (Don't enter me).

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 05/13/2013, 06:52 PMBloody Wolf is a bloody great game! One of my favorites for the Turbo. Great raffle! (Don't enter me).
Seconded. (Don't enter me.)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/14/2013, 12:27 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/13/2013, 06:52 PMBloody Wolf is a bloody great game! One of my favorites for the Turbo. Great raffle! (Don't enter me).
Seconded. (Don't enter me.)
Thirded. (Don't enter my body.)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Damon Plus

One of the games I was attracted to when I browsed the TG library through emulation. I liked how you could enter into buildings and such. Never played more than the first level, though.

I think it's time to try it in the real hardware, so I'm in!

EvilEvoIX

I've beaten this game on an emulator.
IMGIMGIMG

whisper2053

Hrm. I do not know how I managed to miss it before, but I just realized that this was the TG-16 version. Since I my Duo-R is sadly not region modded, I would prefer if you took me out of this...I see no reason for the game to go to waste with me (should I win) when someone who could actually play it would get much more enjoyment from it. Apologies for the mixup on my part, and I wish luck to all the entrants thus far :)
IMG

esteban

Quote from: whisper2053 on 05/26/2013, 09:49 PMHrm. I do not know how I managed to miss it before, but I just realized that this was the TG-16 version. Since I my Duo-R is sadly not region modded, I would prefer if you took me out of this...I see no reason for the game to go to waste with me (should I win) when someone who could actually play it would get much more enjoyment from it. Apologies for the mixup on my part, and I wish luck to all the entrants thus far :)
Your noble action has allowed this orphaned game to find a loving, caring* guardian. Thank you.

* Well, that's what I want to believe, anyway :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

whisper2053

Well, the other alternative that I was considering was to donate the card to the charity auction for Bernie's fam if I won it, so whichever the OP prefers I suppose...either way puts it in a better place than if it just came to me and sat on the collection shelf.
IMG

munchiaz

The raffle is over. Congrats go to EvilEvoIX for winning.

EvilEvoIX

He'll yeah I love this game!!!!!
IMGIMGIMG

rrob78

EvilEvoIX

Just got the game, this is great!!!  Thank you!
IMGIMGIMG

EvilEvoIX

Just beat it.  Forgot a lot of the boss patterns but it all cam back.

IMG

IMG

Such a classic arcade game.  I gotta do a review soon.
IMGIMGIMG