OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Emulator or ROM issue?

Started by Marll, 05/24/2013, 12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marll

So I've been using HuGo on the PSP to play some games in the car when I'm carpooling. I've played a few and generally they run well, but Neutopia 2 is basically unplayable. You walk soooooooooo slow that it takes forever just to transition from one screen to another.

I don't think that this is normal, but I don't have the HuCard to compare on actual hardware. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Bernie

HuGo was still pretty buggy last time I was into emulation.  There are other emus for the PSP as well, that will run your Turbobs.

jperryss

Quote from: Marll on 05/24/2013, 12:28 PMSo I've been using HuGo on the PSP to play some games in the car when I'm carpooling. I've played a few and generally they run well, but Neutopia 2 is basically unplayable. You walk soooooooooo slow that it takes forever just to transition from one screen to another.

I don't think that this is normal, but I don't have the HuCard to compare on actual hardware. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?
Most likely an emulator issue. Screen transitions take about 1 second, as you can see at around 2:50 in Spida's review:

Marll

It's not so much screen transitions as it is how unbearably slow your character walks. Getting from one side of the screen to the other in an outdoor area takes forever. If I played at this speed it would take days just to walk anywhere.

What other PSP TurboGrafx emulators are available?

MotherGunner

"PCE for PSP" is what you want.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Marll

I've downloaded PCE for PSP, but not really sure how it's supposed to work. I can get it on my memory stick, and the icon appears and such, but there doesn't seem to be a way to load anything without it crashing. I went looking for a manual or instructions of any kind but can't find any online.

Any help if you've got experience with this one would be great.

NightWolve

I dunno if you used my TurboRip with the /PCEP option, but that was designed with that emulator in mind after helping Bernie to get Dracula X running on his PSP many years ago. You run "TurboRip /PCEP" at the command line, choose the CD drive that your original game disc is in, and it'll rip it to the appropriate ISO/MP3/TOC format that the emulator requires. When/if you manage to fire up the emulator, you load/point it to the TOC file in whatever folder, etc.

EDIT: Doh, I just realized you were talking about a ROM file. An easier process obviously... I kinda skimmed on my first read of your thread. Well, if you wanna try playing a CD game on the system, there ya go anyway! ;)

Quote/PCEP

I once helped a visitor to my site that asked for help in getting DraculaX
   to run on his PSP portable using the PCEP emulator. I don't own a PSP, so
   that made it rather difficult to help in his problem, but I managed to
   succeed in the end. Because of that experience, you now get the benefit of
   this special option to TurboRip!!

This option will cause TurboRip to take your original PC Engine/TG-16 disc,
   and rip/extract it to an ISO/MP3/TOC archive. What you do next is connect
   your PSP memory stick to your PC, copy the archive to it, connect the stick
   back to your PSP, load the PCEP emulator, then point it to the TOC file for
   loading. The TOC file is what it needs, not a CUE file! Anyhow, if you
   follow those instructions roughly, you'll be able to play most
   PC Engine/TG-16 CD-ROM games on Sony's PSP portable system! Enjoy!!!!!!
I took a quick look at my ReadMe on this option and pasted the blurb on it. Well, that "visitor" turned out to be Bernie. ;) He told me it was him not that long ago actually, when I started posting here on PCEFX regularly.