The Custom HuCARD Envelope Artwork Thread [Japan]

Started by SeymorOnion, 06/03/2013, 01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeymorOnion

I recently made a single template, for a Japanese HuCard Game Envelope, and posted it to the Auction for Bernie's Daughter thread.
I'm not sure how many HuCard Games were released in Japan; last I heard it was somewhere around 300.

Anyway, if any of you wanna tackle making Envelopes for the Japanese Games, and like my Template, here it is:

IMG IMG
^Open^.......................................................................................^What it'll look like when Folded Closed^
I pretty much just rearranged some logos, that were made by the guys at TCP, for their DVD-Style Covers, for PCE Games.  :-"

Here are some white (English Alphabet) TG-16 Style letters you could use, as well:
IMG
Takin' it to the Hoop is shown as an example, so you can see how the yellow box spacers work, when building a Game Title.
You'll need to change the Yellow to Black, before ya copy and paste the text.
MS Paint has an easy-to-use tool for that...  :mrgreen:
IMG

The inner dimensions of the Black Box, that surrounds the Game Cover Photo, is 1180 x1180 Pixels.

The top-most part, of an Upper-Case letter, should be 26 pixels away from the Right Edge of the Blackened Game-Name Area.
If you'd rather opt for a more traditional, Japanese Alphabet, that's cool, but I can't help ya there.

If ya'll could post some PCE Game Database Links, it would help anyone interested in doing this. :wink:

Keith Courage

Have any pictures of what the box looks like on a card?

SeymorOnion

They're the same size as my USA HuCARD Envelopes.
I used 8.5" x 11" Paper, but they'll also fit on A4.
If you have a Color Printer, they'll print in Color.
If you have a Colour Printer, ya ain't a Texan, but that's ok, cause they'll still print out real nice, in Color. XD

IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG

How to make em', after ya print em', and cut em' real good:
IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG

roflmao

FiftyQuid

Seymor, for card stock what do you use to score the paper so it folds nicely?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

SeymorOnion

I use a strait edge, and the back-side of a dull knife.
IMG

First, place the ruler along the line where ya want a fold,
then back it off a bit,
to compensate for the width of the dull knife's backside.
IMG

Next, Position the Knife like so.
Use your free hand to hold the Strait-Edge (Ruler) in place.
IMG
Gently pull the knife across the paper, while pressing it a bit against the ruler.
Don't push too hard.
It may take a couple tries, but ya'll get the hang of it, in no time. :wink:

Make sure to score the unprinted side, or you'll scrape off ink/toner.

FiftyQuid

Thanks.  Do I need to wear blue safety gloves and use the same wooden ruler that I had back in public school?

Seriously though, thanks for this.  I wouldn't have thought to use a regular knife.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

SeymorOnion

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/05/2013, 10:52 AMThanks.  Do I need to wear blue safety gloves and use the same wooden ruler that I had back in public school?

Seriously though, thanks for this.  I wouldn't have thought to use a regular knife.
Heh heh. No need to wear Nitrile gloves, unless ya have any skin allergies to paper, ink, or toner,
or if ya try and use Super Glue, instead of a mild (non-toxic and washable) glue stick.

Wooden rulers are cheaper than metal, and they tend to not slide around as much as a metal ruler, unless it comes with a rubberized-grip backing.
Plastic rules can be used too, but most of them tend to be too thin.

Oh, forgot to say, before applying the Glue from a Glue Stick, you should probably tape some Wax Paper to your desk first (although, it is pictured). XD

SeymorOnion

Because most of these really need them:

IMG  IMG  IMG
IMG  IMG  IMG