@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Dungeon Explorer 1/2 Jap language barrier?

Started by buckrogers, 03/20/2006, 02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckrogers

Are the Jap versions playable despite the language barrier?

I only have a Jap PC engine, and the US version of DE2 is hard to come by, while I can easily get a Jap copy.

Drazic

I got the japanese Dungoen explorer 1.
I think you can play it with a walkthrough but i havent tried that out yet :P

pixeljunkie

thankfully I have a US DE2 :) I can say there isn't a lot of text in the actual game. You could reference a FAQ every now and then and be fine. great game by the way....both 1 and 2.

CrackTiger

No problem.

Although you can still get temporarily stuck in the english version, but a language barrier won't be affected by that, and if anything, relying on instincts will work better than lousy directions.

Plus its worth it just for the harsh-killer soundtrack.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!