@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PS4 revealed tomorrow...

Started by tpivette, 06/09/2013, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpivette

So tomorrow at E3 (6pm PST), Sony will finally show off the PS4 console. Hopefully they will also disclose some additional information on it: like will it need 24hr internet connection, play used games without a fee, etc. So far they've been pretty vague with details concerning those topics. Yes, they've said no constant internet connection will be required, and it will play used games... but so did Microsoft about their Xbox One. Later it was revealed that the new M$ console will in fact play used games, but with a fee. And it doesn't HAVE to be connected to the net 24/7, but it does need to be hooked up to it at least once a day for "updates" and the like. I'm praying Sony doesn't follow a similar path. If so, at least it's comforting, somewhat, knowing the Wii U has none of those attributes.

Thoughts? Opinions? Wish lists for the system?
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

I've lost all faith in new systems.  Seems Nintendo is the only one left focused on GAMERS first.  I will just stick with my retro stuff, and my Wii U until they prove me wrong.

allyourblood

Quote from: Bernie on 06/09/2013, 08:10 PMI've lost all faith in new systems.  Seems Nintendo is the only one left focused on GAMERS first.  I will just stick with my retro stuff, and my Wii U until they prove me wrong.
Agreed. While I use both the 360 and the PS3 for media center features, I consider them a bonus, and I certainly don't want the consoles designed around this use.

Now the XBOne and the PS4 seem to only care about pushing streaming garbage at me: Hulu Plus, Netflix, ESPN, HBO, Amazon Instant, blah, blah, blah. Download this, update that. Microtransactions galore. I'm done with the whole thing. I want to play games and watch a movie now and then, not be hammered with ads and banners and be DLC'd to death every time I turn the darn thing on!

I'm gonna wait and reserve final judgment for after the two consoles have come to market and marinated a bit. But I imagine my opinion likely won't change very much. I haven't been very interested in Nintendo's Wii U either, but the more I hear about the other two heavies, the more appealing Nintendo's console appears. In the meantime, I'm content to catch up with this generation's games and delve deeper into my classic library. If no next gen console ends up winning me over, so be it. I've got my classics to keep me warm.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Tatsujin

Today's games and game-/console maker = Le plague.

Game fun [x---------------------------l--------------------------] Technical Crap
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Psycho Punch

I'm more excited with the price fall on PS3 games. There are way too many great games that I didn't play yet. And I'm not going to be a guinea pig (or early adopter as they say) for the faulty hardware that they'll churn out on launch.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

FiftyQuid

I'm looking forward to the PS4 reveal and to hear more details about it.  I'm a big PS3 fanboy so PS4 has me hyped.  However, if Sony pulls the same bullshit MS just did I won't be a next gen purchaser.  I'm interested to see if remote play will finally work the way it's supposed to as well.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

wavering

This is the best opportunity Sony has had in years to get back market share on Xbox if they don't screw it up.

TR0N

Sony can take the lead from ms if they play there cards right.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: wavering on 06/09/2013, 10:46 PMThis is the best opportunity Sony has had in years to get back market share on Xbox if they don't screw it up.
Exactly!  I think Sony could really bring people in, if they become the anti-M$!  Basically though, I just hope the PS4 doesn't suck.  I have zero interest in EVER getting a XboxOne.  Just the whole "gotta use the Kinect" thing makes me want to stay away.  I have a 360, but I got it for free, & haven't used it in years.  If I got an XboxOne for free....I'd probably never set it up.  There's a rumor that Fallout 4 will be exclusive to XboxOne.  If so, oh well, I'll live without it.

I already know there's atleast one game that interests me on PS4, & that's the new inFamous game.  I loved the first 2.  Plus, Falcom is signed up for PS4 development.....that right there hits me like a ton of bricks(in a good way).  I still love Falcoms games, so any chance of US releases gets me giddy! :D  As it is, I'll be picking up a Vita solely for Ys: Memories of Celceta in September.  Hopefully Sony will announce a price drop AND a new model of Vita, that's what I'm really waiting for.  With it being required by dev's to include Vita support for PS4, I think Sony should be dropping the price on it atleast. 

If Sony has any kind of online check system, I don't know how I'll feel about that.  Also, I don't want any camera's staring at me constantly.  I don't have one on my PC, nor do I want one on my console.  I don't think the Move is required for the PS4, so that's good.  When it comes to used games, the more I think about it, the more I realize I don't buy too many used games anymore.  I just wait for brand new games to drop severely in price($20 & under) unless it's a game I absolutely want to play upon release.
IMG

SMF

I've given up on this great next gen gaming systems. Both Sony and MS are in such a rush to take the lead that they both forgot about what sells the system gamers want and that's GAMES. I was and always will be a Turbo/Nintendo fanboy as those are the 2 companys I grew up with. I do own a PS3 and 360 so forgive me if I sound lime a duh here but if these supposedly next gen systems are so great and powerful then why are all the new games coming out also coming out on last gen systems? Why are PS4 and X1 games being released on PS3 and 360 even the WiiU. Makes me wonder is all. I will stick with Nintendo as they are the only true video game manufacturer still operating today.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SuperDeadite

PS4?  What kind of dumb name is this.  We had Playstation -> Playstation 2 -> Playstation Portable -> PSX -> Vita, and now it's PS4?  Why'd they skip 3? Can't count?
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/10/2013, 01:30 AMPS4?  What kind of dumb name is this.  We had Playstation -> Playstation 2 -> Playstation Portable -> PSX -> Vita, and now it's PS4?  Why'd they skip 3? Can't count?
I heard there once was a secret test release of a so called Playstation 3 but which did't attract wide interest, so they decided to move straight on to Playstation 4.

TR0N

Quote from: SMF on 06/10/2013, 01:29 AMI've given up on this great next gen gaming systems. Both Sony and MS are in such a rush to take the lead that they both forgot about what sells the system gamers want and that's GAMES. I was and always will be a Turbo/Nintendo fanboy as those are the 2 companys I grew up with. I do own a PS3 and 360 so forgive me if I sound lime a duh here but if these supposedly next gen systems are so great and powerful then why are all the new games coming out also coming out on last gen systems? Why are PS4 and X1 games being released on PS3 and 360 even the WiiU. Makes me wonder is all. I will stick with Nintendo as they are the only true video game manufacturer still operating today.
The last major release was (the last of us) for the PS3. As for the reason why third party are releasing games for it still is because the PS3&360 still have a user base to sell to.Sure the PS4 and Xboxone are due this fall,but third parties don't expect there will be lot's of early adopters for when they launch.Nintendo being the true manufacture !? Now what is that suppose to mean the big'n has been slow to support the (wii u) while there putting more into the 3DS.
IMG

SMF

Quote from: TR0N on 06/10/2013, 02:11 AM
Quote from: SMF on 06/10/2013, 01:29 AMI've given up on this great next gen gaming systems. Both Sony and MS are in such a rush to take the lead that they both forgot about what sells the system gamers want and that's GAMES. I was and always will be a Turbo/Nintendo fanboy as those are the 2 companys I grew up with. I do own a PS3 and 360 so forgive me if I sound lime a duh here but if these supposedly next gen systems are so great and powerful then why are all the new games coming out also coming out on last gen systems? Why are PS4 and X1 games being released on PS3 and 360 even the WiiU. Makes me wonder is all. I will stick with Nintendo as they are the only true video game manufacturer still operating today.
The last major release was (the last of us) for the PS3. As for the reason why third party are releasing games for it still is because the PS3&360 still have a user base to sell to.Sure the PS4 and Xboxone are due this fall,but third parties don't expect there will be lot's of early adopters for when they launch.Nintendo being the true manufacture !? Now what is that suppose to mean the big'n has been slow to support the (wii u) while there putting more into the 3DS.
Lol yea I know a lot of people won't be early adopters and developers need to release on everything to try to make a profit. Yes Nintendo is the last video game company that's only making video games. E3 week is gonna be huge for them.

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Not looking forward to either the X1 or the PS4. WiiU? maybe. Portables, forget it. I'm happy with my android smartphone.
Gaming since 1985

jlued686

I own a WiiU; won't be buying a Xbox One or PS4, as far as I can see. My 3DS is about all I need for "current gen" systems. That and a Steam account.

BlueBMW

Whats this X1 i keep seeing?  I thought this was an X1...

IMG
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

wavering

It looks like a shrunken x68000!

BlueBMW

Quote from: wavering on 06/10/2013, 09:40 PMIt looks like a shrunken x68000!
It is the predecessor to the x68000...  but to me it looks a lot more like some of the MSX machines (which would be the same time period)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

wavering

The Squeenix fanboy in me just creamed.

tpivette

Yeah really. KH3... its about fucking time!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

wavering

Standing ovation for used games and offline play
IMG

BlueBMW

I'm torn on the whole used game thing...  The gamer in me wants used games to be possible on everything without cost etc etc, but then the evil part of me wants the whole XboxOne DRM etc etc thing to pass on everything BECAUSE it would mean the death of Gamestop.  Wouldn't that be worth it?

wavering

I'm never a fan of not owning what you bought.  I do get on the gamestop hate wagon all the time, but mostly because of the pre-order spiel and opening sealed games and then selling them as new.

Part of me longs for the day of Funcoland...If only I'd had the disposable income then I could have walked away with so much and a 10% employee discount.

wavering

That $399 price tag just made someone in MS crap the bed.

nectarsis

$100 less, no DRM, no 100% on internet
MS better change their game plan a LOT

IMG
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Bernie

I missed it.  What's the stand on used games and Internet connections?

wavering

Quote from: Bernie on 06/10/2013, 11:08 PMI missed it.  What's the stand on used games and Internet connections? 
No restrictions, no need to be online, no need to authenticate to play.

jlued686

Quote from: Bernie on 06/10/2013, 11:08 PMI missed it.  What's the stand on used games and Internet connections? 
This should answer it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

I'm generally skeptical as hell, but Sony nailed it with their press conference. They drove a stake through Microsoft in every conceivable way.

tpivette

As long as no dark secrets are revealed during the Q&A sessions that will follow the press conference, I'm sold.

It truly is Xbox Done

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

BlueBMW

If these things are true, I'll probably buy one :)

jlued686

I just preordered it. If they piss me off between now and release, I can always cancel. ;)

Digi.k

Quote from: tpivette on 06/10/2013, 11:11 PMAs long as no dark secrets are revealed during the Q&A sessions that will follow the press conference, I'm sold.

It truly is Xbox Done
Yup I am gonna stick with current gen for a few more years before I buy the next ones.  Sony are taking the Microsoft approach to online gaming tho..  You need psn+ for the multiplayer

ParanoiaDragon

Well, it looks like I'll be eventually picking up a PS4, given that good games are released.  Infamous 3 is one, as long as it doesn't suck.  And I'll get the new MGS's, though, for MGS 5, I think I'll wait for a bundle.  The PS4 itself, it'll probably be another year or 2 or 3 before I get one....unless something crazy like a new Ys or Suikoden hits it.....then I may have a problem!  I do wish there was a price drop for Vita announced, but maybe there's still time for that?
IMG

jlued686

I didn't see a price drop for Vita. They spent all of five minutes talking about it.

tpivette

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2013, 11:19 PMI just preordered it. If they piss me off between now and release, I can always cancel. ;)
Where can you preorder it already? I see it at Gamestop for preorder, but you have to bundle it with some sports games and its either $460 or $580. I just want the basic console for $400...

EDIT: nevermind. Found it at Best Buy

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: tpivette on 06/10/2013, 11:33 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/10/2013, 11:19 PMI just preordered it. If they piss me off between now and release, I can always cancel. ;)
Where can you preorder it already? I see it at Gamestop for preorder, but you have to bundle it with some sports games and its either $460 or $580. I just want the basic console for $400...
They have it on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1370921894&sr=1-1&keywords=playstation+4
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: wavering on 06/10/2013, 11:02 PMThat $399 price tag just made someone in MS crap the bed.
I think I heard the owner of Game Stop jump off his couch and yell "Yeehaw!"

jlued686

Quote from: tpivette on 06/10/2013, 11:33 PM

EDIT: nevermind. Found it at Best Buy
I got it at Amazon. Where do you see it at Best Buy? I can't find a preorder link there anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind. It must've just gone up.

SMF

Sony killed it lol. But I was gonna wait until a year or 2 passes before I possibly get a PS4 or Xbox one. Nintendo is gonna end the morning in the lead and watching Sony and MS bicker lol.

FiftyQuid

TheClash603

Best Buy is the way to go, cause you can pre-order ship to store and just get it there the day it comes out.

I am pretty happy with everything they showed, except that I now must become a PS+ member to play online.  Ohh well, I can live with that.  They do give a ton of free games, etc.

TR0N

Quote from: SMF on 06/10/2013, 07:37 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 06/10/2013, 02:11 AM
Quote from: SMF on 06/10/2013, 01:29 AMI've given up on this great next gen gaming systems. Both Sony and MS are in such a rush to take the lead that they both forgot about what sells the system gamers want and that's GAMES. I was and always will be a Turbo/Nintendo fanboy as those are the 2 companies I grew up with. I do own a PS3 and 360 so forgive me if I sound lime a duh here but if these supposedly next gen systems are so great and powerful then why are all the new games coming out also coming out on last gen systems? Why are PS4 and X1 games being released on PS3 and 360 even the WiiU. Makes me wonder is all. I will stick with Nintendo as they are the only true video game manufacturer still operating today.
Lol yea I know a lot of people won't be early adopters and developers need to release on everything to try to make a profit. Yes Nintendo is the last video game company that's only making video games. E3 week is gonna be huge for them.
That's why i think these third parties are double dipping on these late release.Sure the economy is recovering but at a slow rate currently,also not every body will have the $ to buy a Xboxone&PS4 at the launch.Still after i heard the PS4 will have no DRM and no 24 hour connect bs. That makes it a easy choice for me the PS4 it is but not at the launch.Maybe next year or so for me but i'll see at this point.As for nintendo id assume 'there will be showing mostly first party titles and not much for the thirds.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Psycho Punch

I just got hyped... with the launch price.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Tatsujin

One gif that summaraizes the whole event:

IMG

BlueBMW

If sony does what they did with the PS3 then Ill have to get a launch model.  If I wait a few years who knows what features will be removed!

PCEngineHell