Tatsujin is kicking my ass!

Started by pixeljunkie, 03/23/2006, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeljunkie

Just wanted to throw that out there....this game is retarded hard.

I've yet to get past level 1 after 4 or 5 times playing it.

Digi.k

yea its very hard..

I'm kinda contemplating on whether to get it because of its difficulty but I'm beginning to really love the music on that..

I think theres a cheat by pressing Select then run together.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: "Digi.k"yea its very hard..

I'm kinda contemplating on whether to get it because of its difficulty but I'm beginning to really love the music on that..

I think theres a cheat by pressing Select then run together.

Yeah, I tried the "cheat" to unlock "easy" mode...anything but

_Paul

Unless you're a really skilled shooter veteran it's hard to recommend it as it's EXTREMELY difficult.

akamichi

Tatsujin hates us all.  Definitely a hard game.

I was able to beat it using the code to get you more bombs and lives.  Without that trick, I could get to like stage 2 or possibly 3 if I was lucky.

_Paul

I had a go after reading this thread last night and turned it off some way into level one. It's very much a left-right-left-right sort of shooter, but some of the enemies really do my head in when 2 smart bombs don't knock them out.

pixeljunkie

I got further last night. to the second boss I guess? The fact there is no breathers between levels is killing me. I don't think I breathed or blinked for 10 minutes at a time. Had to have my girlfriend spray saline into my eyes to keep them moist.

esteban

THANK YOU FOLKS.

I've only played the HuCard version in an emulator, but I found it quite tough.

Well, I was reading some review / article online that mentioned that Tatsujin provided an "average" challenge at best... and yes, even the PCE version was included in this analysis. I said to myself, "Good god, even when I use all the big bombs -- a total newbie move -- I still can't get too far."

There is so much ill-informed crap out there... 90% of the reviews / articles are not worth reading.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: "akamichi"Tatsujin hates us all.
i do not hate you :D  i'm just as hard as hell :wink:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

rolins

I finally recieved Tatsujin in the mail yesterday. I finally understand how difficult this game really is. I thought Super Raiden was tough, but Tatsujin takes the cake by being ridiculously hard. Forget about trying to achieve a 1cc or a high score, this game is all about survival.

The first stage boss isn't so difficult, no bombs needed here. I have a harder time surviving against the minibosses. Their bullet sprays are so damn hard to dodge. I realize when you encounter the minibosses, forget about trying to kill them all. Just keep your distance until they exit the playing field.

Damn, I'm so exhausted from this game. My eyes hurt, my head hurts, my thumbs hurt. I should go get some rest, and be ready for more pain tonight. I won't stop until I reach the third stage.

Tatsujin

there is a trick to get a sub menu on the title screen. shoot  every enemies until u reach the score of 7100 points! make a softreset (run&sel), after that u will find the sub option menu on the title, where you can switsch to a easier mode (but in matter of fact, it's not that much easier afterwards :lol: ) as well listen to all the BGM track etc.

tatsujin on PCE is by far the most difficult version of all! the arcade already was hard as hell, but i know many people which could go into the 2nd or even 3rd loop! tatsujin on pce i even didn't clear :(
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

overdrive

Yeah, Tatsujin/Truxton is one tough shooter. Doesn't it start something like with you getting a few waves of easy enemies, then !BOOM! two mini-boss ships assault you very early in the first level?

I haven't played the TG version yet, but remember thinking the Genesis version was a bit subpar. Take away the difficulty and it's pretty vanilla...and I prefer my shooters to have some appeal other than being hard.

I'll have to play the TG one to see if my feelings for it are any better.
www.honestgamers.com where I have lots of reviews! I'm a pretty big wheel at the cracker factory!