SDCC - Comic Con time

Started by Nando, 07/18/2013, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nando

Any of you guys there?

I don't think my account could handle ComicCon, on any year

seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1374124819_1.jpg

ParanoiaDragon

I've thought about picking that Omega Spreem up, but I already have money & space issues to worry about with the upcoming Metroplex.  Plus, that Omega is a remold of the Energon version, which I already have.  If I didn't have him, then I'd probably spring for him.  As for Comic Con, no, we thought about going if we ended up missing Anime Expo, but with made it.  Plus I heard Comci Con was sold out a while back.
IMG

Nando

Are you getting the Comic Con Metroplex?

I've caught some pics of the toys at ToyArk, some impressive molds are coming out this year. My inner child has giant hearts popping out of my eyes!!!  ;)

ParanoiaDragon

No, I pre-ordered the one up on Amazon.com, it's just the standard edition.  I hope they do Roadbuster to go along with him.  Then maybe do updated versions of Twin Twist & Topspin.  As for Comic Con, so far I'm LOVING that new Whirl!!  It's like the original toy, but articulation.  The new mini-bots & Shrapnel also look sweet, as does that G1 Scoop.  I may even pick up the Armada Starscream, even though I have the original version.
IMG

Nando

Dude, that Whirl is all sorts of awesome. I like the Shockwave single eye touch. I saw the Bruticus/Grimlock set, such a nice set, but I wasn't too sure on the colors. Could have been the picture though. Still awesome set.  Post pic of your loot when you get it!

TheClash603

Anyone see the Friday the 13th figure based on the NES game?

I hope it isn't too expensive on ebay when I get around to checking.  Purple jump suit Jason is badass...  I think...  lol

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/19/2013, 10:19 PMAnyone see the Friday the 13th figure based on the NES game?

I hope it isn't too expensive on ebay when I get around to checking.  Purple jump suit Jason is badass...  I think...  lol
I ordered mine today :)

TheClash603

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/20/2013, 12:31 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/19/2013, 10:19 PMAnyone see the Friday the 13th figure based on the NES game?

Where from?

I ordered mine today :)

MrFlutterPie

I got mine here:  http://www.necaclub.com/category-s/1872.htm

Tomorrow is the last day they are putting them up.  Check Neca's FB/Twitter page for the announcement as they will only last 20-30 min.

TheClash603

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/20/2013, 10:38 PMI got mine here:  http://www.necaclub.com/category-s/1872.htm

Tomorrow is the last day they are putting them up.  Check Neca's FB/Twitter page for the announcement as they will only last 20-30 min.
this seems horribly inconvenient for a guy without facebook..

If anyone is at SDCC or sees these for sale, I will gladly buy from you with a small markup for your trouble!

ParanoiaDragon

Here's what I'm looking forward to that was shown as Comic Con & Botcon, a lot of these aren't the best pics of them, but they seem to all show up when I link them

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Nando

WTF is up with that new Arcee Transmutate mold?  It looks sad!

TheClash603

I couldn't help myself...  I paid ebay price for that Jason NES figure.

One of my most played games when I was younger and one of my favorite film franchises, I couldn't help it!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Nando on 07/22/2013, 10:51 AMWTF is up with that new Arcee Transmutate mold?  It looks sad!
Transmutate's a little hard to explain.  Basically, she was a bot that arrived on earth as a protoform, but was heavily damaged.  She was incredibly powerful, & BW Megs sought to destroy her, but Rampage, strangely, felt pity for her. His pity came from his own pain, as he was an experiment gone wrong.  The Autobots(or Maximals, not sure on how old he was) tried to replicate Starscream's indestructible spark with Protoform X.

"Twisted and warped, Transmutate is a Transformer in name only. The damage done to it by its troubled birth has rendered it unable to transform and reduced its mind to infancy, leaving it utterly innocent in personality and able to grasp only simple concepts. Its trusting and curious nature is both a boon and a handicap.

Transmutate's distorted frame conceals almost unbelievable destructive power in the form of a super-sonic scream which can leave all but the hardiest victim out cold. Its simple mind means that many of its capabilities remain unknown, even to itself, and it will express surprise when, for instance, it finds it has the ability to flyyyyyyyyy."

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transmutate

So, that Protoform X that is coming out, is pre-earth/Cybertronian (BW) Rampage, & is the free figure for joining the Transformers Collectors club.  Transmutate(which looks to be only a repaint of TFP's 1st edition Arcee) is a companion figure you can purchase from the club.  Nothing is known about Transmutes past, atleast, not yet.  So, whatever life Transmutate had on Cybertron, this is her Cybertronian form. Since (BW) Silverbolt also befriended Transmutate, it makes me wonder if they'll do a Cybertron  version of that Silverbolt.
IMG

Nando

what a trip, thanks PD!

Duo_R

Thanks for the some of those look great!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

ParanoiaDragon

Here's a few more pics, a few of them I forgot to post here, like Armada Starscream & G1 Tailgate.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

And ofcoarse, MP Soundwave, who's now being found in local TRU's!!
IMG
IMG

TR0N

Sigh man,every time i think i'll stop buying video games for awhile to pickup any MP transformer i don't  :oops:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Nando

That Armada Starscream is SWEET!!

I REALLY, REALLY dislike what they did to the character in the Bay flicks. Who ever designed that Starscream needs to be kicked in the nuts. What were they THINKING? *end rant

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Nando on 07/24/2013, 10:07 AMThat Armada Starscream is SWEET!!

I REALLY, REALLY dislike what they did to the character in the Bay flicks. Who ever designed that Starscream needs to be kicked in the nuts. What were they THINKING? *end rant
Bah, I dislike the movies in general.  I have no idea what to expect from the 4th movie, other then more trash.  When Bay said he was done, I thought maybe there'd be a chance of a TF movie I'd atleast remotely like.  I suppose it's still possible, I'll give it a try when it comes out.

edit-
Damn, somehow I forgot about G1 Skids!
IMG
IMG
IMG